Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susangggg View Post
Sounds massive. Except factor in that a large segment of illegals are sharing one property en masse- as in, 10 men to a room in a 1 bedroom apartment, or a family of 8 in a 1Br apartment. I have a relative who works in the housing department so I know this to be in true in places.

You really need to see Southeast Austin. All the housing vacated by the Air Force Base closure of the Clinton era, are flooded with illegals, now!! It is a F'n barrio slum. 20-30 living in each side of duplexes. Each having a minimum of 2 kids. With 5 being the magic number to make welfare a profitable business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You really need to see Southeast Austin. All the housing vacated by the Air Force Base closure of the Clinton era, are flooded with illegals, now!! It is a F'n barrio slum. 20-30 living in each side of duplexes. Each having a minimum of 2 kids. With 5 being the magic number to make welfare a profitable business.
That's all we need is a bunch of Tijuana's popping up all over the country. It will put an end to America as we know it.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:30 AM

364 posts, read 244,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That's all we need is a bunch of Tijuana's popping up all over the country. It will put an end to America as we know it.
that wont last long
mor an mor tha economy
feels like a depresion
an even obama will be forced
to boot tha ilegals out of tha usa
or there will be dancin in tha streets
black an white ppl together
arm in arm
cleanin house

Old 06-30-2010, 08:07 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Yes they do contribute to the tax base. School taxes are raised through property taxes. Whether a person rents or owns they are living in a property that pays school taxes.
Whom ever lives on that property that pays school taxes, if any one is at all, doesn't really make a whole lot of difference since the tax is being paid by the person that owns the property....whether they collect rent from it or not.

I've lived in the same condo that I own in Phoenix for 20 years now. The property taxes are very low compared to some other states.....nonetheless, for the first 10 years or so, the taxes stayed about the same because, the property value only increased a small amount each year. After that and up until about 3 years ago, the property value tripled and the taxes doubled during that time period but, again they're still very
low compared to some other states. Since then the property value has dropped about 30 percent but, the taxes still increased each year......they have never gone down, they may next year but, so far they never have.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:40 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
really? Why would a legal hispanic want to live in a state where they can be subjected to humiliation just because a cop suspects they are "illegal" just by their looks? I'm hispanic (not Mexican) but I wouldn't want to live in such a draconian state.
Well that's not the case here in Arizona....it could be in other states using the federal law. The Arizona law though, specifically states that the reason for suspecting someone to be here illegally can NOT be based on race, color or nation of origin.

BTW, not that it matters but, you do realize that a large percentage of law enforcement here in Arizona is also Hispanic.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:34 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
[quote=Danno3314;14840336]Well that's not the case here in Arizona....it could be in other states using the federal law. The Arizona law though, specifically states that the reason for suspecting someone to be here illegally can NOT be based on race, color or nation of origin.

BTW, not that it matters but, you do realize that a large percentage of law enforcement here in Arizona is also Hispanic.[/quote]

So is over 50% of the Border Patrol, including the 'top dogs'! I was kinda surprised when I heard that but checked it out with some BPs I know and that IS correct. AND they are ALL aware that they will be watched like never before and none of them have any desire to participate in any investigations or spend time in court rooms. I think the profiling thing is way over hyped.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:11 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
The charge of racial profiling is hot air. The last article that the AZ Rep had on the poor couple fleeing to PA mentioned that they had passed several Hwy Patrol officers and Sheriffs on their way. Not one stopped a SUV full of Mexican people. The article sheds a light on the lies coming from the supporters.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The charge of racial profiling is hot air. The last article that the AZ Rep had on the poor couple fleeing to PA mentioned that they had passed several Hwy Patrol officers and Sheriffs on their way. Not one stopped a SUV full of Mexican people. The article sheds a light on the lies coming from the supporters.
I totally agree. But it's the ONLY thing that pro-illegals can come up with to protest the law.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:31 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
[quote=AZDesertBrat;14841099]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Well that's not the case here in Arizona....it could be in other states using the federal law. The Arizona law though, specifically states that the reason for suspecting someone to be here illegally can NOT be based on race, color or nation of origin.

BTW, not that it matters but, you do realize that a large percentage of law enforcement here in Arizona is also Hispanic.[/quote]

So is over 50% of the Border Patrol, including the 'top dogs'! I was kinda surprised when I heard that but checked it out with some BPs I know and that IS correct. AND they are ALL aware that they will be watched like never before and none of them have any desire to participate in any investigations or spend time in court rooms. I think the profiling thing is way over hyped.
This is convienently overlooked when the Pro Illegal side paints all opposed to them as Racists, when in fact many Loyal and Brave Law Enforcement Officers of Hispanic Ancestry have been attacked and Killed by Illegals while protecting this Great Country.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:01 PM

[quote=antarez;14842941]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
This is convienently overlooked when the Pro Illegal side paints all opposed to them as Racists, when in fact many Loyal and Brave Law Enforcement Officers of Hispanic Ancestry have been attacked and Killed by Illegals while protecting this Great Country.
True enough. Many of the BPAs who've been killed have been Hispanic. Racism and profiling are the ONLY arguments that the Pro Illegals can come up with and both are severely over-hyped.

Last edited by AZDesertBrat; 06-30-2010 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: Spelling goofs....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration