Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 02:51 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
A little digging indicates that the requirements of the DREAM act are:

Get a GED (not even in English!)

Claim you've been her for at least two years

Claim you've entered the country before you were sixteen

Get a green card

The best and brightest? Nah. More like the loudest and nerviest.

It's about time Americans told them to that American citizenship is reserved for those who are either born here or legally immigrate here. If you don't fall into either category well, like most people, you're out of luck.

In any other country on the planet they wouldn't be demonstrating or whining that we won't do their bidding. They'd be in jail and then on a plane home. It's about time Americans finally do whatever other nations do: enforce our borders.
If you read the bill, it also covers those 12 years and older who are “enrolled” in primary or secondary school. It’s ridiculous. How many of those currently enrolled will EVER graduate from high school? Yet, they would all be legalized. Talk about increasing our welfare rolls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 03:44 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Simple test. Let them pick. If there is no punishment at least half should elect to go. Maybe more for the adventure.

Want to bet the yield is close to zero?
Illegals don't get to pick whether they get to stay or to go. They are here illegally in our country and deportation is what our laws demand.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:42 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,113,535 times
I actually like the idea of making them serve in the military in exchange for citizenship. We can make them do our bidding for us instead of having to send our own to do the fighting. That's what the French do, they send the Foreign Legion and avoid the politically unpopular use of French conscripts. The Legion does the fighting and dying ... and then the actual French soldiers come to clean up the body parts.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:23 AM

555 posts, read 877,587 times
Quote:
One does not employ foreign invaders. When one does they cease to be invaders and become welcome employees. And one can be both a welcome employee and an illegal immigrant.

The kids are tougher. They have violated no US law wilfully. I would think that when we allowed the parents to stay we developed a moral requirement to the children. Nothing legal just moral .

Again the children or the parents. The children broke no law.

Actually obeying the law is not a very strong requirement. People speed regularly and the use of schemes to avoid income tax is widespread. My favorite at the moment is Sharron Angle the Republican candidate for the Senate who obviously and clearly violated the US copyright law and has been sued for it. Should we really elect an illegal to the US Senate? Or is it OK for Sharron to violate a US Law but not OK for the child of an illegal alien.

Love to here you reconcile those two.
They ain't my employees. You can't use the illegal actions of greedy employers to justify giving amnesty/citizenship to illegals alien workers or their children.

The children broke no law but they are not US citizens. They are defacto representatives of the government of Mexico, whose goal is to retake at least political control of the seven southwest states comprising their mythical Aztlan. These children are in fact subversives and represent a serious threat to the sovereignty of the United States, its culture and its language. You called them "Americans" in another post, but that is hardly an accurate description since they grew up in an Hispanic household where Spanish was the main tongue spoken.

Sharon Angle is irrelevant to a discussion of the Dream Act. Harry Reid, who gets awards from LaRaza, leads the Senate Democrats, all of whom refuse to demand enforcement of our immigration laws and our Constitution. You have no moral or legal ground to stand on.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:36 AM

346 posts, read 709,607 times
I don't know if anybody saw this, but Harry Reid just tacked on the DREAM act to a defense bill that includes the "Don't Ask" policy. He knows this may be the only way he can pass any form of Amnesty, by being sneaky. It goes to the Senate floor NEXT WEEK.

Why even bother with illegal immigration? Laws will not be enforced. The Democrats agenda is clear here - to gain the illegal and pro-illegal Hispanic vote (Note: Illegals cannot vote, but they can when they become citizens). They do not care about legal US citizens. That's why they'll sue Arizona, Sheriff Joe, and Maricopa County colleges. That's why they direct ICE to release many of the illegals they capture. It's sickening, really, that these people who are so anti-American are running the country. I think if they didn't do it before, they just sealed their defeat in the November elections. I will never vote Democrat again, and this is coming from an Independent who before didn't vote for a specific party.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:25 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,209,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
DREAMies are finally showing their true colors. They want legalization, but not enough to serve in our military. After all, they hold no allegiance to this country. Note the petition on the link.

Stop the Militarization of the DREAM Act! - Sign the Petition | Change.org

I want the college option taken out of it and make it only a 4+ year option in the military as the only option.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:59 PM

233 posts, read 440,121 times
From experience they will REFUSE to fight for this country! As someone who was working alongside a mostly illegal staffed restaurant in NYC the day the towers fell let me tell you that when I got in to work that night the first question I was asked by over 50 of the employees (all illegals) was "Will the planes be allowed to fly again this week? We need to get out of here fast. We are not going to be killed because you Americans suck and they are coming to kill all of you. You all deserve it too, you all have so much and we have to work for you nasty people, you owe us all. You are going to start a war and it is not our fight, we will not risk our lives for this horrible country. We are very happy that you will learn a lesson now." With the exception of ONE of them who asked me "Will they let me join the Marines even though I am illegal? I want to go fight the people who did this, I love this country and will be happy to fight for it". That was one person out of over 50 that night who asked that question, the rest were overjoyed at what had happened and made no bones about it. If they did ever get this passed with a military claus in it I would hazard a quess it would also include a stipulation that they could not serve near any combat areas and their college tuition would be paid in full after 2 years service. NO DREAM ACT at all! Ship them all home and after a mandatory 5 -20 year wait (depending on how long they have already been here) let them re-apply like a true immigrant who respects our laws does, let them get on line with the rest.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:18 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,222,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
From experience they will REFUSE to fight for this country! As someone who was working alongside a mostly illegal staffed restaurant in NYC the day the towers fell let me tell you that when I got in to work that night the first question I was asked by over 50 of the employees (all illegals) was "Will the planes be allowed to fly again this week? We need to get out of here fast. We are not going to be killed because you Americans suck and they are coming to kill all of you. You all deserve it too, you all have so much and we have to work for you nasty people, you owe us all. You are going to start a war and it is not our fight, we will not risk our lives for this horrible country. We are very happy that you will learn a lesson now." With the exception of ONE of them who asked me "Will they let me join the Marines even though I am illegal? I want to go fight the people who did this, I love this country and will be happy to fight for it". That was one person out of over 50 that night who asked that question, the rest were overjoyed at what had happened and made no bones about it. If they did ever get this passed with a military claus in it I would hazard a quess it would also include a stipulation that they could not serve near any combat areas and their college tuition would be paid in full after 2 years service. NO DREAM ACT at all! Ship them all home and after a mandatory 5 -20 year wait (depending on how long they have already been here) let them re-apply like a true immigrant who respects our laws does, let them get on line with the rest.
Basically racist garbage. A quick check will validate that here was no great exodus of illegals after 9/11. Note that the NYC illegal colony is not Mexican.

Allow military service as a path to citizenship and you would have to beat them off with a pole.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:35 PM

233 posts, read 440,121 times
Quote:
Basically racist garbage. A quick check will validate that here was no great exodus of illegals after 9/11. Note that the NYC illegal colony is not Mexican.

Allow military service as a path to citizenship and you would have to beat them off with a pole.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, not racist at all.............this was PERSONAL experience! Lots of these guys were my friends until that night and regularly spent time with my family and I. My whole way of thinking about the situation changed that night and it was brought about by their own words to me, not some words on a message board. Have you lived in my shoes? Have you lived my experiences? With the exception of ONE, all of them thought we as a country deserved what was done to us. If it was one or two who mouthed that garbage off to me I would say it was not a collective feeling among them and at that point in time I would have expected as much, but when it was all but one well it changed my feelings to the way they are now. As for the NYC colony not being Mexican let me give you our numbers out of 65 employees, 5 citizens or legal immigrants, the illegals, 1 irish, 5 brazilians, 1 equadorian, 51 mexican and 2 who I never did know exactly where they were from. Thru the years we had many others come thru and work there but the owner at the time felt it was easier to hire mostly mexican so they could communicate better and train each other, plus the machismo thing caused some problems among some of the men from differing latin countries so he felt it also cut down on those issues.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:37 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,939,556 times
I think America should NOT train illegal migrants how to arm themselves, fire a gun and conduct military operations. We don't need to give military training to those who would like nothing better than to see their native homeland take over American soil. Deport them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration