Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 12:01 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,866,343 times

Advertisements

It's amazing to me that American citizens and legal residents have to show so much documentation when enrolling their children in school and yet it's forbidden to ask if some are illegal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 12:16 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,316,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
It's amazing to me that American citizens and legal residents have to show so much documentation when enrolling their children in school and yet it's forbidden to ask if some are illegal?
Yep. Also, the immunization and medical records and check-ups. An undocumented family has to go to the doctor to get medical checkups for school, when they are too afraid to go out of fear of being discovered they can get away with not having appropriate immunizations or medical checks.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:58 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,866,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Yep. Also, the immunization and medical records and check-ups. An undocumented family has to go to the doctor to get medical checkups for school, when they are too afraid to go out of fear of being discovered they can get away with not having appropriate immunizations or medical checks.
Yes, are these illegal children allowed to have the immunization requirement waived? From memory I even had to provide my daughter's transcripts from her high school in Australia when we enrolled her and also had to hustle to get her immunization records from Australia in time or have her go through getting shots she didn't need, just to comply.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:11 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,316,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Yes, are these illegal children allowed to have the immunization requirement waived? From memory I even had to provide my daughter's transcripts from her high school in Australia when we enrolled her and also had to hustle to get her immunization records from Australia in time or have her go through getting shots she didn't need, just to comply.
It does happen. In my experience, it was just cases of bad management by a school or school district. Parents didn't respond and child kept attending school.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:40 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,847,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Educating illegal immigrants is costly *| ajc.com
Another massive waste of tax payers money on those that shouldn't be here.

Quote:
Although almost three-quarters of the children of illegal immigrants were born in the United States and are therefore citizens, had their parents not entered the U.S. illegally these children likely wouldn’t be in U.S. public schools and wouldn’t require taxpayer funding. Thus, it’s fair to say that their education cost stems from their parents’ illegal entry into this country.
No, it is not fair. The Fact is that these children are American Citizens regardless of their heritage; and no amount of "funny' math changes that fact.

The title of "Educating illegal immigrants is costly" is using tarnished numbers if they include American citizens into the mix.

If my ancestors hadn't come to Texas in the 1700's, I wouldn't have been an educational tax burden either.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:54 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,181,365 times
We also need to stop educating Mexican citizen children who cross the border daily into border states just to go to school. One district in Arizona not only educates them, but picks them up at the border, and buses them to school.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:08 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,181,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
No, it is not fair. The Fact is that these children are American Citizens regardless of their heritage; and no amount of "funny' math changes that fact.

If their illegal immigrant parents hadn't entered the US, they wouldn't have been born here.

The title of "Educating illegal immigrants is costly" is using tarnished numbers if they include American citizens into the mix.

'If,' as you say, it includes American citizens.

If my ancestors hadn't come to Texas in the 1700's, I wouldn't have been an educational tax burden either.
How were you an educational tax burden? Did your parents not pay taxes that go toward the school budget? If your parents had come here illegally, yes you'd have been a tax burden.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:19 AM

10,044 posts, read 9,553,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

Funny math? They are certainly a by-product of illegal immigration, no funny math here.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:01 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,766,317 times
Most of these so called "illegal alien" children are U.S citizens. Would you prefer it if we rounded them up and put them in internment camps instead? I am sure that would make a bunch of you happy.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:20 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,350,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Most of these so called "illegal alien" children are U.S citizens. Would you prefer it if we rounded them up and put them in internment camps instead? I am sure that would make a bunch of you happy.
No, the right thing to do would be for their illegal alien parents to go back to their homeland with these U.S. born children and then when the child reaches 18 years of age they can then choose which country they want to live in. Can't seperate the families, now can we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration