Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 12:24 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,336,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I tend to not believe pro illegals that claim to be "native americans", but that's just me. Maybe it's because people I know that ARE native americans are just as much against those who wish to stream across the border illegally and reap the benefits others have fought long and hard for as I am.
I have found that these pro-illegals who claim to be native Americans are actually the descendents of the native tribes from south of our border so they have no claims or rights to tell the U.S. what to do about immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 12:34 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,336,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
LOL, I'm half. My dad, fullblood Muscogee. This is a first: to be accused of not being NDN, and by a foreigner! heheheh, that's sort of funny, cuz I've been NDN long before the feds required verification via tracing our roll to an original 'allotee'. Oh yeah, I also find the 'you immigrated too' argument silly. Just how many thousands of years do you want to go back? 10,000? 12,000? 20,000? hehehhehehe.

Chicagonut, all of your questions were addressed in my IP. Just read rather than be so reactionary. Being higly emotional only accomplishes missing important information. In the IP, between me and the link provided it states there is a LEGAL way for farms to hire temporary foreign labor, but only ONE farm is doing this. If you read it, you would have known it. It has nothing to do with e-verify. e-verify is a moot point in this particular instance. Read, dear, and stop being so reactionary.

As for you question on Americans not taking the jobs these immigrant farm workers are doing.........if you had of read the article rather than having an emotional outburst you would have never asked the question in the first place.

I've read enough of you posts in my time at CD to know this is an ultra sensitive issue for you. Your logic has been failed by emotions.

I'm out of here. I will not pursue logical discussions with overly emotional men. Sheez, and they say women are hysterical.
Reactionary, emotional outburst? Is that what you call it when I have expressed an opposing view from yours. What makes you any less emotional on this issue than I am by expressing YOUR views? By the way, I am not your "dear". It is condescending.

We are all well aware that not all the farmers are using the H-2A visas so what is your point? You talk about creating more guest worker programs when the farmers aren't even using this one. This isn't just about agricultural jobs either. Only a small percentage of illegals are picking crops. Most of them are doing jobs Americans will do but you call Americans lazy. Since when is e-verify a moot point? How so? It needs to be implemented in every workplace to keep the employers and the employees working within our laws.

It is the pro-illegals that are acting on emotionalism rather than common sense, logic and our laws. By the way, I am a woman, not a man. Nice assumption there. Bye, bye don't let the door hit you.......

Old 09-28-2010, 03:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,586,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Here's what I do, but it's not to fight illegal immigration. I don't care as much about the illegal workers as I do their human rights. It's my fight against companies that choose to abuse people who have the least means to fight back.

I buy my produce from local growers when in season. When not in season I buy organic, and from a reputable grocery that takes account of like minded people. I actually check where the produce was grown before I buy.

I absolutely do not buy from Tyson, Simmons, Iowa Beef, Con-Agra, to name a few. How? I check what I buy before I buy. Plus, you will have to do a little research. There are many companies that are subsidiaries of Con-Agra. Con-Agra is freaking huge. I eat meat, but I buy sausages that are prepared in my state from a company with an ethical mission. I plan to go in with some other people to buy beef from a local rancher. (I don't need a whole lot of meat, and that's why I plan to go in with others since we have to buy a side or a 1/4 of a side).

I've eased myself away from the over processed, pre-packaged, box food. It's almost always produced by huge, corporate conglomerates. They don't need my money, and I don't want to give them one cent toward their unhealthy food. I know how to cook without everything coming in a pre-packaged box. So. I cook. Real food.

Am I 100% successful in my little battle against the food corporation giants? Of course not. But there are more and more people who are becoming more conscientious of food production. There are more urban environments that are beginning to grow local produce.

I do believe if people would stop supplying these companies with revenue then the companies would change their ways. They may not care about the ethical treatment of other humans but they do care about a buck. If losing a buck will hurt them then I will not buy from them.

We Americans have become lazy. Too many people would rather set their fat behinds at a computer and scream like mad-men about illegal immigrants than actually do something that would make a difference. People scream about the Mexicans 'takin' jobs from Americans' and when it's pointed out that Americans just ain't applying for many of these jobs then they make excuses as to why Americans aren't applying.

The next time you buy an over-sized chicken breast (yeah, they pump those chicks with growth hormones so they will grow big and grow fast) then you can thank a Mexican, because he butchered that chicken for you to buy it all nice, pretty and packaged.

The next time you bite into a steak. Thank a Mexican.

The next time you enjoy a tossed salad. Thank a Mexican.

Everytime you raise your voice against an 'illegal' just remember YOU are benefiting from his near slave labor. You would probably not be eathing if it weren't for a Mexican. So thank a Mexican!

You cannot have it both ways.

We can force this country to reform the immigration system to one that has forcible limits, and a fair guest worker program. Most Mexicans don't want to leave their country to live in this stinking country. They come because there are jobs. They come because too many Americans are too lazy to work the jobs they will work and be treated like trash by the companies that you are buying from. They come to save their lives and their childrens' lives. They are human. They are the humans that keep the slovenly, fat Americans eating.

We can work toward a reasonable solution, but that won't come by hysteria.
Your opposition to illegal immigration is predicated solely on the exploitation of illegal aliens. You do not oppose their unlawful presence, and believe they are only doing what is necessary to survive. Right? According to you, we would not eat if not for their employment in this country. I believe the 75% of legal workers currently employed in the ag industry would beg to differ.

Before you get too haughty on your high horse, be advised that you are not the only person who reads labels and avoids patronizing “suspected” illegal employers. Furthermore, many of us fat, slothful Americans are doing a heck of a lot more than sitting on our overindulged butts typing on a computer. With self-righteous indignation, and without having ANY knowledge of our personal lives, you have the temerity to chastise us for not “doing something to actually make a difference.” That’s extremely presumptuous.

So, we should thank a Mexican? Really? Should we also thank a Mexican for the lives ruined due to stolen IDs? What about thanking a Mexican for depressing wages; or, displacing legal workers in the construction, hospitality, and fast food industries? And, no, legal workers will not settle for the paltry wages your beloved illegals eagerly accept, or live with 20 others in a 2-bedroom apartment. Why should our citizens be forced to live like peasants simply because employers are too greedy to comply with our laws?

While we're thanking Mexicans, let’s not forget to thank a Mexican for overcrowding our schools, bankrupting hospitals and clinics, and overburdening the taxpayers of this country. We would also be remiss if we forgot to thank a Mexican for the thousands of citizens raped, maimed, and murdered.

If you REALLY want to make a difference, why not leave this “stinking” country and relocate to Mexico. Perhaps you can convince their leaders to finally grow up and stop sucking on our teat.

The only “reasonable” solution is for our government to enforce our current laws. If illegals can’t work, most will leave. But, that doesn’t suit your amnesty agenda, does it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration