Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,843,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Once again, I will ask you. What do you suggest we do? Sit around and twiddle our thumbs like the spineless cowards in Washington DC as our fellow citizens are increasingly being put at risk by a band of lunatic savages who WILL NOT hesitate to butcher anyone and everyone who stands in their way?
I have given my sugestions for alleviating some immigration problems;
but statements like that[highlighted in red] would be a waste of my time to discussing practical, rational, logical, and logistical solutions on this post.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:12 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,713,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
am I missing Your point? NO.

When did I defend any criminals?

The US Border Patols is charged in that task...not a bunch of idiots playing "army"...and I have never "demonized" the USBP.
ok, let me explain...
The border patrol are not doing a good job
The Obama administration does not want to do anything to stop the illegal immigration problem. So, these militia are taking matters into their own hands. Whose side are you on? Where do most Texans stand? If you are in the minority, then you should ask yourself why

Old 10-13-2010, 11:14 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,713,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
If the government can't or won't do it, the people are quite capable of it. Let's see more folks like these.

American Citizens Arm and Unite Against Illegal Aliens - HUMAN EVENTS
Hmmmmm.........are you in favor of "Mob Action" then?

Don't flatter yourself by calling this a "milita"...........

Old 10-13-2010, 11:18 AM

686 posts, read 1,701,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Hmmmmm.........are you in favor of "Mob Action" then?

Don't flatter yourself by calling this a "milita"...........

Wouldn't these militia's just be another form of vigilantism?

Old 10-13-2010, 11:47 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,672,460 times
Quote:
Mob rule is not demacratic rule...Anger and Fustration is acted out at the ballot box. If a minority of American citizens feel fustrated and angred by a situation, they are not allowed to take up arms.
Well, you know what? Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. Yes, sure, we could all vote for whomever we think will take care of the border violence, however, that takes a long time, and no good results are guaranteed. The perpetrator-scum don't give a damn about our laws. If your neighborhood was becoming over-run with murderers and you saw the cops standing around doing nothing while your family and property were in jeopardy, what would you do? Go vote? Lay down in the street and offer up your life because you don't want to upset the scum? Or arm yourself in defense?

P.S. I just heard that the Mexican investigator following up on the murder at that lake shared by the US and Mexico was just beheaded.

Yeah.

You go be the sacrificial lamb.

We will take care of ourselves.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:15 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,843,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, you know what? Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. Yes, sure, we could all vote for whomever we think will take care of the border violence, however, that takes a long time, and no good results are guaranteed. The perpetrator-scum don't give a damn about our laws. If your neighborhood was becoming over-run with murderers and you saw the cops standing around doing nothing while your family and property were in jeopardy, what would you do? Go vote? Lay down in the street and offer up your life because you don't want to upset the scum? Or arm yourself in defense?

P.S. I just heard that the Mexican investigator following up on the murder at that lake shared by the US and Mexico was just beheaded.

Yeah.

You go be the sacrificial lamb.

We will take care of ourselves.
I dont care about the "prepetrator scum" caring about our laws. I care that we dont lose the "Rule of Law" trying to preserve the rule of law and our scociety/nation. Im sorry you feel that Justice and legislation take time...thats how the founding fathers(true patriots) planned it...as "inconvient" is that is for you. I understand the the diffrence between armed insurection against Tyranny and invasion, and vigilantism disguised as patriotism...Do you?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:43 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,672,460 times
Quote:
I dont care about the "prepetrator scum" caring about our laws. I care that we dont lose the "Rule of Law" trying to preserve the rule of law and our scociety/nation. Im sorry you feel that Justice and legislation take time...thats how the founding fathers(true patriots) planned it...as "inconvient" is that is for you. I understand the the diffrence between armed insurection against Tyranny and invasion, and vigilantism disguised as patriotism...Do you?
Yup.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:48 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,713,370 times
Quote:
so you are ok with illegal immigrants? how about drugs and prositution? gang violence?

Step up to the plate man, the bases are loaded, and we need a hit

Old 10-13-2010, 02:13 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,636,744 times
The Rule of Law means the rule of law, not the rule of a government that can't or won't enforce the law. The history of the US, particularly in the West, is full of examples of the people establishing or saving the law when there either were no authorities, e.g. Denver, Cheyenne, Virginia City, et al., or in San Fransisco where government law enforcement had become corrupt and ineffectual. We call these groups vigilantees after the night watch of ancient Rome. They have almost always been composed of the best individuals in a given area who have been determined to rid their area of lawlessness.

It's no different in the border country today. Hardly anyone denies that the illegal immigrants from Mexico have no respect for our nation or its laws. Rather, they are outlaws whom we must treat as outlaws. Militia and vigilantee movements have a proud history in this country. They haven't been perfect, but neither has any government. But right now, they represent the only means of bringing the border country back under the Rule of Law.

There have been rumors of uniformed Mexican military entering American territory to protect Mexican outlaws. Would anyone say that it's not a right, nay more a duty under the Constitution, for any American to immediately attack a foreign army on our territory?

Old 10-13-2010, 02:25 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,340,760 times
Quote:
Im refering to this ill-writen trash. I did not or will not mention those other band of misfits...

This piece read like a Soldier of Furtune novelette, using words like hunt and fire-team.

Why do citizen militia need fire-teams with weapons if their whole purpose is "spotting".

One can "spot" from hundreds of yards away; one needs not to be traipsing through the scrubbursh to be a "Patriot".
I already told you they have weapons to be used only in self-defense. While spotting they can be ambushed by a coyote or a drug cartel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.