Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 02:35 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I dont care about the "prepetrator scum" caring about our laws. I care that we dont lose the "Rule of Law" trying to preserve the rule of law and our scociety/nation. Im sorry you feel that Justice and legislation take time...thats how the founding fathers(true patriots) planned it...as "inconvient" is that is for you. I understand the the diffrence between armed insurection against Tyranny and invasion, and vigilantism disguised as patriotism...Do you?
If someone is truly for the rule of law wouldn't they be upset about the illegal aliens coming here rather than making excuses for them? I am only for vigiliante type groups that operate within our laws. See I don't have a double standard. I don't advocate for illegal immigration nor would I advocate for vigilante groups or individuals that aren't following our laws. How about you?

Old 10-13-2010, 02:42 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,125,145 times
Quote:
There have been rumors of uniformed Mexican military entering American territory to protect Mexican outlaws.
Those arent rumors, they are fact. It's happened quite a few times over the past decade. The US government states that it's happened about 300 times since 1996, I am aware of at least 3 of those incidents where the involved Mexican forces actually opened fire upon USBP personnel.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:50 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,843,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The Rule of Law means the rule of law, not the rule of a government that can't or won't enforce the law. The history of the US, particularly in the West, is full of examples of the people establishing or saving the law when there either were no authorities, e.g. Denver, Cheyenne, Virginia City, et al., or in San Fransisco where government law enforcement had become corrupt and ineffectual. We call these groups vigilantees after the night watch of ancient Rome. They have almost always been composed of the best individuals in a given area who have been determined to rid their area of lawlessness.

It's no different in the border country today. Hardly anyone denies that the illegal immigrants from Mexico have no respect for our nation or its laws. Rather, they are outlaws whom we must treat as outlaws. Militia and vigilantee movements have a proud history in this country. They haven't been perfect, but neither has any government. But right now, they represent the only means of bringing the border country back under the Rule of Law.

There have been rumors of uniformed Mexican military entering American territory to protect Mexican outlaws. Would anyone say that it's not a right, nay more a duty under the Constitution, for any American to immediately attack a foreign army on our territory?
Proud history?...Please name me 3 proud vigilante movements here in the United United states. I can give you one group with a neferious history in the United States whos AKA is the KKK.

I dont see, in a discussion of armed citizen patorls on the border, how a Constitutional Right to protect the Homefront form an invading ARMY equtes. Are you saying that these six folks on patrol are waiting for the Invading Mexican Army? Again, I state...If all we can mustar is "six on the border"...God please help us.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:12 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,711,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
Wouldn't these militia's just be another form of vigilantism?

Yes, they would.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 AM

31 posts, read 34,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
If the government can't or won't do it, the people are quite capable of it. Let's see more folks like these.

American Citizens Arm and Unite Against Illegal Aliens - HUMAN EVENTS

Racist terrorist vigilantes are unconstitutional and illegal. That's what the KKK did years ago and we cannot go there again. Many innocent people were killed.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:00 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,634,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Proud history?...Please name me 3 proud vigilante movements here in the United United states. I can give you one group with a neferious history in the United States whos AKA is the KKK.
I just named four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneDoeAmerican View Post
Racist terrorist vigilantes are unconstitutional and illegal. That's what the KKK did years ago and we cannot go there again. Many innocent people were killed.
When Congress unconstitutionally imposed Reconstruction on the former Confederate States of America, the KKK formed. Now that Congress has failed to act to keep the border country safe for citizens, new organizations are forming.

It's a poor argument when someone can't find facts, but can only resort to name calling because there is no factual rebuttal.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,125,145 times
Examples of good vigilante groups:

- Los Angeles City Guard
- San Fransisco Committee of Vigilance
- the British colonial era Regulator Movement
- the "Bald Knobbers" of Taney County, MO in the 1880s
- Los Pepes in Colombia who eliminated drug lord Pablo Escobar
- the Black Shadows in El Salvador who battle street gangs and drug cartels
^ all stepped up to the plate due to corruption and incompetence in the existing government controlled law enforcement agencies.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:35 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
Apparently I missed the “racist terrorist” details. Would you mind posting that info?

Old 10-14-2010, 09:39 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times
Quote:
What nonsense. What does illegal immigration have to do with race? The KKK were racist against black "Americans". There is no comparison.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times
Quote:
Many suffer from the misimformation provided by the media and or the gov.
Not all or even most Militia's are racist or terrorist. I know a few members of militia's. My recent trip to Wyoming a met a few more. They are not anti-american nor racist in their views. What they are is simple. They are about accountability. Its odd but they feel that our government should respect the rights of individuals and states. They feel that every citizen should be treated the same. They don't believe that just because some politician says so makes it right.
They don't like that because a state has only a few electorial votes that those citizens needs are not as important as those citizens who live in CA or NY.
Jane Doe you are as misimformed as most americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration