Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:48 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,865,200 times

Advertisements

Where do they pull these bogus figures from anyway?

Quote:
Odds are, if you are a mom, you're one of the 72 percent of women in the United States who support the DREAM Act.
Mary Olivella: Why Do Moms DREAM?

Hell no, I AM a mom, of a mom of 2 (nearly 3) and neither of us support your DREAM.............We have dreams of our OWN, and they don't include the WANTS of "we're entitled" illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 06:37 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,349,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

Hell no, I AM a mom, of a mom of 2 (nearly 3) and neither of us support your DREAM.............We have dreams of our OWN, and they don't include the WANTS of "we're entitled" illegals.
Well look at the name of the person who is spouting this nonsense. It is kind of a tell all.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,603,261 times
I am also a mother, and I certainly don’t support the DREAM Act. This is just more pro-illegal propaganda. Next, they’ll say you can’t be a “real” mother unless you support this garbage.

I love children, but that doesn’t mean I must support amnesty for every illegal alien under the age of 35. The last time I checked, people 18 and over are considered adults. This must be the “children” classification exclusive to illegal aliens. Apparently they don’t reach adulthood until they turn 35.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:51 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,349,338 times
I couldn't view the supposed supporting evidence that 72% of moms want the Dream Act passed because it was a pdf file and my computer freezes up on it but I will be willing to bet that most of these moms are here illegally and therefore that would explain why they are advocates of the Dream Act.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,864,868 times
Why would American moms dream of American kids being denied any financial aid or scholarships because illegals come here and demand it all for their kids?

Illegals who can afford $5000 to smuggle their child into the country with drug trafficking cartels, but don't have money for tuition so demand free educations and still spouting that old line "we only want the hard work low paying jobs Americans don't want". All lies.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I couldn't view the supposed supporting evidence that 72% of moms want the Dream Act passed because it was a pdf file and my computer freezes up on it but I will be willing to bet that most of these moms are here illegally and therefore that would explain why they are advocates of the Dream Act.

It was the results of a survey done by firstfocus.net - a phone survey of 1,008 people from which they somehow extrapolate in this article 72% of ALL women in the USA favour the Dream Act LOL

Old 11-07-2010, 01:57 PM

50,549 posts, read 47,374,783 times
IMO a "real mother" wouldn't be so willing to bring a child into a life of poverty with no chance to escape it except becoming a criminal.

"Real Mothers" don't willingly leech off of other people.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
IMO a "real mother" wouldn't be so willing to bring a child into a life of poverty with no chance to escape it except becoming a criminal.

Yep, I always wonder how living life as a criminal in a country where you have no right to be and that doesn't want you here (for the most part)equates to "a better life"

Old 11-07-2010, 03:48 PM

30,226 posts, read 18,799,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

Moms dream to blot out the nightmares of things thier kids have done or may do.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:45 AM

2 posts, read 1,705 times
Thumbs down Why not?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I’m pretty sure that’s what your ancestor did just about a century ago(came here looking for a better opportunity and they weren’t denied were they?!, why can we have that chance, at least for us kids? The kids actually want make something out of their lives and you are denying them the chance. We ALL are not criminals, if we were given the chance to actually go to a university then im pretty sure crime rates would actually go down, dramatically. BESIDES, If I was a mom I would want any child to be able to continue their dreams just like I would want my child to too.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration