Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 12:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,577,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
By lashing back with ugly comments you(collectively) are no better than her.

Provide a quality, meaningful, posting area. Not an area where members of the mob come to vent.

This forum has operated on the de facto 'angry mob standard' for far too long.
If we were singing praises to illegals and vilifying anti-illegals, this would be a wonderful forum, wouldn’t it?

Old 12-27-2010, 12:31 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,513,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If we were singing praises to illegals and vilifying anti-illegals, this would be a wonderful forum, wouldn’t it?
Ridiculous comment Benicar. Same old stuff with the straw man argument.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:31 PM

50,399 posts, read 47,145,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I read this immigrant's comments, and the comments on this thread. Her comments have nothing to do with Christmas. She's not asking for assistance. She's bitter because she got fired because our government enforced the laws, she's bitter for having to eat "cheap" government food and for living in government housing, all for free. She's also bitter because she's being called a term that rightly describes her. She's also a bitter racist. She's bitter because America won't pay her way in the manner in which she expects.

Let's put this in perspective. The comments about our posters not having Christmas spirit and hatred are misplaced.
That's exactly how I read it. Maybe she should talk to someone in her situation in Mexico. You know, an illegal in Mexico from Guatemala.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:33 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,837,970 times
Quote:
By lashing back with ugly comments you(collectively) are no better than her.

Provide a quality and meaningful, posting area. Not an area where members of the mob come to vent.

This forum has operated on the de facto 'angry mob standard' for far too long.
It may not be an angry mob. That may be completely unfair, but they have a knee jerk reaction. This again, is because you sometimes echo the company you keep.

To be fair, if she was as correctly characterized than there is a grain of truth to the some people here say.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
It did seem a tad much.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Your accusations have been totally unfounded. You simply refuse to recognize our right to oppose illegal immigration, and have resorted to demonization. It’s unnecessary, and accomplishes nothing.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:42 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,513,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Your accusations have been totally unfounded. You simply refuse to recognize our right to oppose illegal immigration, and have resorted to demonization. It’s unnecessary, and accomplishes nothing.

So this forums ugly comments directed at this women and her children is exercising your right to oppose illegal immigration.

My calling out of your said ugly comments is demonizing.

I see how that works....again same old stuff, smoke and mirrors.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:42 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,330,892 times
Quote:
This is a very mean spirited thread, in a very mean spirited forum.

Although I think that living in Mexico is not as bad as a homeless shelter in the US, some of these comments are just meant to disparage illegals and are completely unnecessary.
I beg to differ. Illegals should be disparaged and it is necessary so that Americans that are still asleep wake up and know the truth about them.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Ummm where did I say that on this thread? Are you okay? Please stick to the topic, if you're capable. If not let's not waste time and simply go on to the next topic. It's rude if you can't stay on a topic and try to attack the poster.
If you are not who I think you are, please accept my humble apology.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:45 PM

I feel more sympathy for the community college student. I personally don't like the racial tones of the first woman.

Illegal immigration reform is not an easy issue. It's really complicated. I don't think that as a nation we are where we need to be to sit down with all sides and figure something out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration