Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 12:46 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,843,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I beg to differ. Illegals should be disparaged and it is necessary so that Americans that are still asleep wake up and know the truth about them.
The Truth! your truth? CIS' Truth? NumbersUSA's Truth? FAIR's Truth?

when all is say and done...its still your version. Let be clear about that.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:47 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,839,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If you are not who I think you are, please accept my humble apology.
No problems.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:49 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,590,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So this forums ugly comments directed at this women and her children is exercising your right to oppose illegal immigration.

My calling out of your said ugly comments is demonizing.

I see how that works....again same old stuff, smoke and mirrors.
Mach, don’t make this personal. You know me well enough by now to know that I do not consider this woman to be subhuman. However, she is here in violation of our laws, and to add insult to injury, she is an ingrate. I would feel the same toward an ungrateful citizen in her situation.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:49 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,527,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
I feel more sympathy for the community college student. I personally don't like the racial tones of the first woman.

Illegal immigration reform is not an easy issue. It's really complicated. I don't think that as a nation we are where we need to be to sit down with all sides and figure something out.
Until people start veering off their same old path, this time will not come soon. Right now it is just a bunch of horses running with blinders on.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Mach, don’t make this personal. You know me well enough by now to know that I do not consider this woman to be subhuman. However, she is here in violation of our laws, and to add insult to injury, she is an ingrate. I would feel the same toward an ungrateful citizen in her situation.
It's just same old game in here Benicar, anyone who sees a bit outside the lines is marginalized. This forums anti-mob thinks what it speaks is gospel and all others are demonizing.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Until people start veering off their same old path, this time will not come soon. Right now it is just a bunch of horses running with blinders on.
What path would you suggest? We have a corrupt government, corrupt corporations, corrupt so-called representatives, and our country has been overrun by illegal foreigners. How would you suggest we resolve this issue? What should be done with this woman? Should taxpayers provide her with subsidized housing, food stamps, welfare, and medical care? What exactly is our obligation to this woman and other illegal aliens? You tell us.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
What path would you suggest? We have a corrupt government, corrupt corporations, corrupt so-called representatives, and our country has been overrun by illegal foreigners. How would you suggest we resolve this issue? What should be done with this woman? Should taxpayers provide her with subsidized housing, food stamps, welfare, and medical care? What exactly is our obligation to this woman and other illegal aliens? You tell us.
I honestly think she should go back to Mexico, I have already stated that. Mexico is not as bad as sitting in a shelter in the US.

That doesn't mean I need to sling mud in her face or call her kids bastards.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
It's just same old game in here Benicar, anyone who sees a bit outside the lines is marginalized. This forums anti-mob thinks what it speaks is gospel and all others are demonizing.
I think a little introspection is warranted. Re-read your posts. You entered this thread with accusations and insults, and you received responses accordingly.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I honestly think she should go back to Mexico, I have already stated that. Mexico is not as bad as sitting in a shelter in the US.

Yes, she should return home. However, rather than empathizing, you have made this woman’s situation a personal matter, which it is not. You don’t know her, so don’t assume she deserves your support. Clearly, she doesn’t appreciate the help she has received, but I don’t recall anyone referring to her children as bastards.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:11 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,813 times
Quote:
By lashing back with ugly comments you(collectively) are no better than her.

Provide a quality and meaningful, posting area. Not an area where members of the mob come to vent.

This forum has operated on the de facto 'angry mob standard' for far too long.
Your idea of ugly comments are simply the truth about this woman. There is no mob here. If people are venting well maybe it's because of people like her. We're tired of people who come to the United States without permission or knowledge of English or any necessary skills. We're tired of demands that we support Mexico's underclass and prop up it's oligarchs. We're tired of having our hard working ancestors compared with lazy law brakers. We're tired of being accused of racism and Neo Nazism when we dare complain about all of this.

This woman is an ungrateful leech. She can go to her home country and stay there. We have a recession and don't need her.

If there's no quality in your opinion that's because there are no quality arguments in favor of massive low skilled illegal migration largely from Mexico. Mexicans don't benefit from it and neither do most Americans.

Quote:

Who is slinging anything at her? Calling people who put food on your table and food over your head racists because the food and roof aren't ideal is simply stupid.

You've called people in this forum the most vile names. Meanwhile you hold this woman to no standards whatsoever. Some of us are tired of the double standard that infantilizes illegal migrants while demonizing most ordinary Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration