Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:43 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times

Advertisements

I personally think the father should be deported. His son's service in the Armed Forces has nothing to do with his illegal status.

He broke the law not once, but twice ( after coming back for being deported previously ). He needs to go back to where he came from.

Marine urging leniency for father awaiting deportation | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

( And before I get called heartless by some of the liberals: I am an Army vet and my dad is actually a LEGAL immigrant from a foreign country. He went through all the proper channels before I was even born to be able to live and work in the country legally. I have no mercy for those who choose the illegal route. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 09:57 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Default Maybe the marine should become president

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I personally think the father should be deported. His son's service in the Armed Forces has nothing to do with his illegal status.

He broke the law not once, but twice ( after coming back for being deported previously ). He needs to go back to where he came from.

Marine urging leniency for father awaiting deportation | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

( And before I get called heartless by some of the liberals: I am an Army vet and my dad is actually a LEGAL immigrant from a foreign country. He went through all the proper channels before I was even born to be able to live and work in the country legally. I have no mercy for those who choose the illegal route. )
That way he can get his father to stay here just like Obama's Aunti...

Obama's aunt blames 'the system' for allowing her to defy deportation order - NYPOST.com

Old 12-28-2010, 09:58 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
True. My nephew is in the military but that wouldn't justify either of his parents breaking laws. If my brother-in-law embezzled money from his employer, he should still be prosecuted, if my sister drives drunk or shoplifts, why would she expect her son's career would give her a pass around all the laws?

Old 12-28-2010, 10:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:

I totally agree. This is one of many attempts to legalize the status of illegal aliens simply due to the military service of a family member. If we pardon illegal aliens, we must also pardon citizen prisoners whose family members are serving in our military. It’s absolute BS.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:14 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
That way he can get his father to stay here just like Obama's Aunti...

Obama's aunt blames 'the system' for allowing her to defy deportation order - NYPOST.com
You telling me! I lived a few blocks from her in South Boston!

“If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen,” she said.

The woman is delusional.

PS: I like it how she is wearing a Michael Kors jacket in that picture...which isn't cheap AT ALL!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
You telling me! I lived a few blocks from her in South Boston!

“If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen,” she said.

The woman is delusional.

PS: I like it how she is wearing a Michael Kors jacket in that picture...which isn't cheap AT ALL!
The same way she can afford a high-powered attorney. . . financial blessings from God.

No joke. She claims God is sending her money.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:33 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Where do we draw the line?
I am a vet and yet no one is saying hey because your a vet your family is entitled to a free pass for crimes they commit.
So what if the father of a vet gets caught shop lifting? Free pass?
What if the father of a vet gets caught committing fraud? Oh yeah this one was.
Ok how about ID theft?
Tax evasion?
How about human smuggling? Oh yeah thats why he was deported the first time.
Ok if a legal immigrant gets caught doing any of the above they can expect to be deported.
If an applicant has any convictions they can expect to have their application rejected.
Whats the deal here? The son is a Marine and thank you for your service son but that isn't a get out of jail free card for your familiy.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:35 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Last I checked once someone enters our country illegally and gets deported but returns again it is a felony!

Old 12-28-2010, 12:43 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Last I checked once someone enters our country illegally and gets deported but returns again it is a felony!
Allegedly. Yet they do it over and over.

It's funny how the bleeding hearts cry we shouldn't punish the children for their parent's illegality when it comes to the Dream Act, yet then cry an illegal parent should get a "pass" because their child served in the military.

No wonder they wanted a military service component in the Nightmare Act.

Interesting to see the two sides of this one.............

Quote:
“He wasn't placed in custody because he committed a crime,” O'Neill said. “He was just naively in the federal building.”
then this.........

Quote:
He was previously deported to Guatemala in 1995 pursuant to a judicial order issued by a U.S. District Court judge in Georgia as a result of his criminal conviction in federal court for alien smuggling
Yep just another poor law abiding illegal living his life here quietly - sigh

Old 12-28-2010, 01:19 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
Quote:

Thank You for Your Service KickAssArmyChick

Pretty sad conduct for a Marine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration