Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 07:51 PM

532 posts, read 1,057,492 times

Advertisements

Sick/injured people are sick/injured people regardless of what side of an invisible line in the dirt they chanced to be born in, without any choice in the matter on their parts.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:59 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,230,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
Sick/injured people are sick/injured people regardless of what side of an invisible line in the dirt they chanced to be born in, without any choice in the matter on their parts.
The person got medical care.....

Why is it America's responsibility to care for this illegal alien for the rest of their life?

Why do I as a taxpayer have to foot the long term care bill of an illegal alien

Old 02-07-2011, 08:03 PM

884 posts, read 717,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
So our system is a crap shoot? That it? If you are an illegal you have no rights? If that is the case why not shoot them down?

If they have rights then they are the same ones the rest of us have. There are rules about shoving someone out of a hospital. Were they observed?

Are we a nation of laws...or just vigilantes? You pick the laws you observe?

Right to a lifetime of care? Sure. If that is what our laws say. If you don't want that change the law. I would think this guy should have received normal workman's compensation...which apparently did not happen.

Go after the guy who paid him money to be on that roof. Though remember he may not have the money to pay the bill. Then who?

I guess we could set aside a little area outside each hospital where we let the unworthy succumb...sounds a bit harsh though.
What about our rights to not have our hard earned paychecks sucked up by these illegals. If you are so gung-ho about their rights and care why don't you feed, clothe, and give them shelter. Huh? So easy for you pathetic illegal lovers to spend everyone elses money on them isn't it?
Really getting tired of the amount of $ for medicaid I see coming out of my check, then at the store buying things I can't afford with their WIC and the other 15 kids they have. Or having to wait 6 hours in the ER because 40 illegals have a cold.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Stop responding out of emotion and think about what you're saying. Our country is based in laws, laws that you clearly do not comprehend nor care to educate yourself on.
Ohh my. Another one.

Quote:
The hospital stabilized the patient and moved him to a facility in his home country that could provide for his care. Our laws do not state that the receiving facility must have the same standard level of care that we (citizens of the US) enjoy in our country.

Huh? Medical repatriation is not against the law.

That's patently not what our laws state. Read up and you might learn a thing or two.
The law requires an appropriate facility suited to the needs of the patient. Sorry about that. You really should read what the law says.

As well medical ethics requires that the Doctor assure that the patient goes to a suitable facility. So not only illegal but medically unethical .
Quote:
Nobody is stopping him from suing his employer. Feel free to donate to his legal (and medical) funds.
He is not out $700,000. The Hospital is. And they should be the one suing the employer. Or the State workers compensation people. But they won't. Why? No money. Too bad you don't understand any of this.

Quote:
You clearly have no clue how our laws work in this country. YOU are the one who is taking issue with the law, which states that hospitals must stabilize the patient and then move them to an appropriate long term care facility. Nowhere does it state that that facility must be on US soil and nowhere does it state that illegal aliens are entitled to free longterm care in any private or public medical facility. They are able to apply for asylum so that they may qualify for medicaid, but there is no guarantee or semblance of any guarantee that they have the same rights as citizens of our country. If you don't like it, work to change the law but it is what it is and your feeble minded opinion doesn't change it.
You suffer from the standard anti- idiocy. You don't get to tell me what I think. I know quite clearly what is required.

The law in no way prevents removal to an out of country facility. But it must be capable of meeting the patients needs. If not it is not "appropriate" to the patient.

It is however not clear on a whole mess of grounds that a Hospital has a right to move a cogent patient to any facility without his/her permission or a court order. It is called kidnapping.

Your knowledge of US law is sadly lacking.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
How can something be illegal when the person is a non-person in America?

Hope they shipped him back to Mexico in the bed of a POS pickup truck like the illegals like to drive.......

We don't have non-persons in the United States of America.

And if you were any kind of knowledgable American you would know that.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:

Why is it America's responsibility to care for this illegal alien for the rest of their life?

I am not a nationalist. I therefore do not have any specific preference for people that happen to have been born in the United States. If access to healthcare is regarded as merited by "social investment," it is therefore merited by the fact that immigrants eventually produce a net surplus rather than a loss. Empirical research on the issue would include Simon's Immigrants, Taxes, and Welfare in the United States:

Quote:
It has long been recognized that societies may benefit from the immigration of unattached young persons in the prime of life. Nevertheless, immigrants--typically young men and women who arrive without aged dependents and with a relatively small number of children already born--are not generally greeted with open arms in the United States and elsewhere. An investigation of the balance of transfers between immigrants and natives in the United States shows that, from the time of entry until about 12 years later, immigrants use substantially less in the way of public services; subsequently, use by immigrants becomes roughly equal to that by natives. On the contribution side after about three to five years immigrant families pay as much in taxes as do native families; thereafter they pay substantially more. The net balance of these two forces is positive in every year with respect to natives' income.
The issue with illegal immigrants and residents specifically would be that their unlawful status restricts their labor market mobility, and thus, their potential earnings.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:

We are not. You don't.

But if the responsible party won't...what then.

I would hand it to the feds to fix. But they won't either. So the Hospital gets screwed.

And does illegal things to get out from underneath...

Not a happy picture.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:16 PM

50,488 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Ohh my. Another one.

The law requires an appropriate facility suited to the needs of the patient. Sorry about that. You really should read what the law says.

As well medical ethics requires that the Doctor assure that the patient goes to a suitable facility. So not only illegal but medically unethical .

He is not out $700,000. The Hospital is. And they should be the one suing the employer. Or the State workers compensation people. But they won't. Why? No money. Too bad you don't understand any of this.

You suffer from the standard anti- idiocy. You don't get to tell me what I think. I know quite clearly what is required.

The law in no way prevents removal to an out of country facility. But it must be capable of meeting the patients needs. If not it is not "appropriate" to the patient.

It is however not clear on a whole mess of grounds that a Hospital has a right to move a cogent patient to any facility without his/her permission or a court order. It is called kidnapping.

Your knowledge of US law is sadly lacking.
Didn't this article, as well as the other, state that the person was getting cared for? It may not be the prestigious care they get here (by stealing it) but I believe they are going to be just fine with their Country of origin and their care. We ( US tax payers ) aren't welfare for the rest of the planet.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Didn't this article, as well as the other, state that the person was getting cared for? It may not be the prestigious care they get here (by stealing it) but I believe they are going to be just fine with their Country of origin and their care. We ( US tax payers ) aren't welfare for the rest of the planet.
Actually no. The article made it clear that the best that the receiving facility can do is keep the guy alive for a while.

It is not even able to meet basic care standards. Anymore provide useful rehabilitation.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If this happened to me I'd want to be near my family too. The only thing wrong with this was the opportunity to deport those other Mexicans here illegally this angered.
BTW, Geronimo, where is your basis for this claim of "Mexicans here illegally"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration