Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 AM

97 posts, read 220,257 times

Advertisements

We gave them drivers licenses a few years ago..now this bill would give them a 'right to work card'

Robles seeks GOP backing for immigration bill | The Salt Lake Tribune

This bill comes right on the heels of a recent bill that has passed committee, now in the 'House' for debate, that would give LE officers the right to check legal status of suspected illegals.
Utah has a problem that some don't want to fix. Sen. Luz Robles is afraid to face the fact that they are criminally here and should be dealt with under the current US Immigration Laws. Just Enforce it!
Guess I am just like most American citizens in every State of The Union, getting fed-up with it more and more every day
To this, I say.... Sii ... (that's English for STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 11:08 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Yes, more despicable pandering to criminal aliens. Some have even petitioned Mexico to suspend the visas of U.S. missionaries, if Utah doesn’t support amnesty. One would be hard-pressed to find a more selfish group than illegal aliens from Mexico. Clearly, they have no concern for their countrymen who may benefit from the services of missionaries.

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY -- A small group of Latino Utah residents wants the president of Mexico to suspend the visas of Mormon missionaries until The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints takes a stronger stand on the immigration issue.
Group wants Mexico to suspend visas for LDS missionaries - ksl.com

Old 02-16-2011, 11:30 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
I don't see how a state has the right to "license workers" that are in this country illegally under federal law. This is a defacto "legalisation" of residency in this country in blatant disregard for federal immigration law.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:58 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I don't see how a state has the right to "license workers" that are in this country illegally under federal law. This is a defacto "legalisation" of residency in this country in blatant disregard for federal immigration law.
Agreed. As long as federal law prohibits the employment of illegal aliens, any state law to grant employment eligibility is a violation of the law. Yet, to my knowledge, Eric Holder and the DOJ have not filed a lawsuit against Utah. I wonder why.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agreed. As long as federal law prohibits the employment of illegal aliens, any state law to grant employment eligibility is a violation of the law. Yet, to my knowledge, Eric Holder and the DOJ have not filed a lawsuit against Utah. I wonder why.
Could it possibly be because the federal adminstration only seeks to stop states from passing laws that do NOT benefit illegal aliens?

/sarcasm off

Old 02-16-2011, 01:14 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Another Democrat seeking votes.

And just another sign our politicians put themselves and their party in front of the national good.

With idiots like this in Utah's state government is it any wonder the only thing Utah is good for is the storage of nuclear waste?

Old 02-16-2011, 01:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, more despicable pandering to criminal aliens. Some have even petitioned Mexico to suspend the visas of U.S. missionaries, if Utah doesn’t support amnesty. One would be hard-pressed to find a more selfish group than illegal aliens from Mexico. Clearly, they have no concern for their countrymen who may benefit from the services of missionaries.

Group wants Mexico to suspend visas for LDS missionaries - ksl.com
The biggest problem is that we have many ethnocentric Hispanic-American citizens who are just as selfish because they put their illegal ethnic group above the laws and best interests of this country. Without their advocacy the illegals would be powerless.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:32 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Quote:
Are you not in favor of blatant disregard for federal immigration law in the case of AZ SB 1070? You can't possibly take this subject seriously when you support one law which may potentially violate federal law, but you are adamantly against a different law which you find distasteful and which may violate the same federal laws. You just can not have it both ways. The law does not work that way.

Quote:
Could it possibly be because the federal adminstration only seeks to stop states from passing laws that do NOT benefit illegal aliens?
/sarcasm off
No, it cannot and it is not. A state, or anyone, cannot be sued for what they might do in the future. This is not a law, it is a proposal for a law. That would make it a bill, not a law.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Are you not in favor of blatant disregard for federal immigration law in the case of AZ SB 1070? You can't possibly take this subject seriously when you support one law which may potentially violate federal law, but you are adamantly against a different law which you find distasteful and which may violate the same federal laws. You just can not have it both ways. The law does not work that way.

No, it cannot and it is not. A state, or anyone, cannot be sued for what they might do in the future. This is not a law, it is a proposal for a law. That would make it a bill, not a law.
It's you I can't take seriously.............

fwiw (once again- sigh) SB1070 mirrors federal immigration law.

Last edited by Opyelie; 02-16-2011 at 03:09 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 03:10 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Quote:
It's you I don't take seriously.............

fwiw (once again- sigh) SB1070 mirrors federal immigration law.
No, it does not. You might try reading it again, because you're missing a few key elements which are the basis of the Federal lawsuit. Although, after this post of your's I am sure you haven't read anything on Federal Immigration law, the laws themselves or the Federal lawsuit challenging SB 1070.

I assumed you were interested in a serious discussion but like with most of your fellow-one-liners who post relentlessly with the same vapid and snarky comments, I expected too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration