Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 09:15 AM

19,830 posts, read 20,443,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I guess this country is full of haters then
^ That, we can definitely agree on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 09:20 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,356,704 times
[quote=twiggy;18115201][quote=chicagonut;18115047]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post

You can cut me down all you would like but it doesn't change how I feel.
I repeat, I don't find illegal immigration to be in the top 10 of my concerns.
That does not mean I promote it, it means I ignore it. This only become difficult when my governor uses my money for her obligations about it with her private prison buddies. That I do care about. It's idiotic.

The Statue of Liberty represents many things, among them friendship between nations and freedom from oppression. It was given to us by France for our new country. The part I believe people still take a chance on is "freedom from oppression". They mistakenly think we will help them if they come here from a oppressed society. I realize they are wrong, we won't but that is why they come and that was your statement.
If you ignore illegal immigration then why are you posting in the illegal immigration forum? I mean if I am not interested in the healthcare bill then why would I post in a forum where healthcare is the subject?

Funny, how you think we should have open borders to anyone that wants to come here based on your erroneous interpretation of some poem on the Statue of Liberty and never CHANGE that based on changing circumstances but you are all for CHANGING our immigraton laws up to an including people we don't even need here.

I never cut you down. If suggesting that you educate yourself on this subject rather than looking at it from an emotional point of view is cutting you down, then so be it.

There are many Americans who are oppressed right now by not having a job and their taxes going through the roof. Shouldn't we care for our own oppressed before we try to take care of the whole worlds' oppressed by bringing them here and making Americans even more oppressed?

Old 03-03-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
^ That, we can definitely agree on.
Nice that you think that way about our country in spite that we have the most generous legal immigration policies in the world and that we donate billions to foreign countries to help their people. If you live here perhaps moving to a less hating country would make you happier?

Old 03-03-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
True, but they weren't just accepted into society overnight either.

I'm sure some of the people making a fuss over the hispanic crowd are the same people who make a fuss over those same black "citizens" being on welfare.

Is that not "helping themselves to social benefits at the taxpayer's expense?"

Ah, touche'!

Just pointing out the consistent hypocrisies here...

(For the record, I don't give a **** about welfare, either. lol )
I have absolutely no problem with legal, law abiding Hispanics and I doubt that most Americans do either. Stick your race card back in your wallet.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 AM

3,487 posts, read 4,571,266 times
Quote:
The hard evidence by their words in defense of illegal aliens is not an assumption. Some in here are claiming that this issue isn't even of importance to them. If that were so, they wouldn't be posting in an illegal immigration forum and laughing at, taunting and insulting those of us who are opposed to illegal immigration. I rest my case.
Rest case? I crack up when people do that as if what they said is so profound that there is no way to refute what they say.

The OP said the point was not top of his list. Did he laugh at your view? If so where? I would like to see. I must have missed it. Where did he taunt?

He stated where he stands on that and he expressed it and aske for feedback, correct? What is wrong with that?

Have you ever expressed a view and ask for feedback?

What he supposed to ask first if anyone takes offense for not thinking illegal immigration as important on the list of issues and then post?

Is and other forums to express views and debate.

To me he does not think it is as important. However, to me it is important and higher on my list than it is with him. However, I am not going to allow my views influence my feeling and take offense? No. However, it seems that it is such an important issue with you to the point that if someone says otherwise you will interpret as offensive.
I hear you as saying "I do not like how you rate illegal immigration so I will respond to you as an offense and tell you you are trying to offend me", take care.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,107,640 times
[quote=chicagonut;18115477][quote=twiggy;18115201]
Quote:

If you ignore illegal immigration then why are you posting in the illegal immigration forum? I mean if I am not interested in the healthcare bill then why would I post in a forum where healthcare is the subject?
Do you even remember what this thread is about? I just answered the question. The rest of the time I just spent in defense of your assumptions of me being a pro illegal, but you are right, I'm tired and now I don't care what you assume anymore, you're like the energizer bunny. lol

Funny, how you think we should have open borders to anyone that wants to come here based on your erroneous interpretation of some poem on the Statue of Liberty and never CHANGE that based on changing circumstances but you are all for CHANGING our immigration laws up to an including people we don't even need here.
I don't, it was in reference to what THEY think, not me.

I never cut you down. If suggesting that you educate yourself on this subject rather than looking at it from an emotional point of view is cutting you down, then so be it.

Wasn't that addressed early by you to me on a different thread.
Contradiction isn't attractive.

There are many Americans who are oppressed right now by not having a job and their taxes going through the roof. Shouldn't we care for our own oppressed before we try to take care of the whole worlds' oppressed by bringing them here and making Americans even more oppressed?

Yes, yes and yes............but the reality is we don't. What might lead people to believe we would help them are the repeated news broadcasts of us helping who we think is oppressed around the world. I personally think we should just take care of our own country, we are broke and exhausted from helping others but that is another issue for me to put on my "ignore list". It isn't going to happen either. It's another "dead horse" waiting to be beaten. I'm not up for it, but you can go ahead.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:39 AM

19,830 posts, read 20,443,424 times
The Word - No Problemo - The Colbert Report - 4/21/10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

"Harassing Latinos with racial profiling isn't an inevitable side effect of Arizona's anti-immigration law -- it's the entire point."

Old 03-03-2011, 10:06 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,870,472 times
[quote=twiggy;18113384]
Quote:

Yea, as a matter of fact. I just had a dream last night that the illegal Mexicans took over AZ and all those awesome burrito shops came back. Everyone was happy. Ever since 1070 there is no good food here. It was sweet!
Because only illegal Mexicans know how to make burritos? Mexican Americans may beg to differ

Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,612,372 times
Quote:
The biggest issue with supporters of anything is handling change. It's hard to be the minority in any issue. Things change, what is illegal today could be perfectly legal tomorrow. So playing the "it's illegal" card today is irrelevant to people who see the law changing like me.
Like I said previously, people can smoke pot now and the government can legally harass me as a terrorist for no reason, pat me down in private places at the airport.
People can walk into a bar with a concealed weapon in my state today where as last year they couldn't. They can bring their kids to school with a loaded weapon in their pocket. Disturbs me yes, but that is what happens when the majority lets it happen. Laws change all the time, they aren't written in stone.
Enough people ***** and they change like the wind.

You pro 1070's people against illegal immigration are going to have to come up with more than the "it's illegal" crap as well. People will be changing that if thats the only reason you can come up with. Stick to the reasons they shouldn't be here legally, then you might have some interest.

They commit crime? Well, so do Americans, come up with some specifics against the Mexican immigrants or else just forget it. It's not convincing enough.
There are 50000 illegal Irish people here and they don't come through Mexico to get here, Chinese people, and every other illegal immigrant you can think of. Why don't you want them to have amnesty? Be specific, be clear. Just cuz it's illegal right now won't cut it, we could make it legal tomorrow.
You have to be specific in your needs or it just sounds like your crying about the change thats taking place. You are hard to take seriously.
Right now you all just look like you're into the latest political craze, and when the next one comes along you'll jump on it. It's not like there aren't productive things you could be doing personally against it if you wanted too. Come up with something new for God sake. At least some new lines, those old ones obviously don't work, no law is coming as far as I can see as a matter of fact its support seems to be dwindling as of late.

I don't care enough either way to make it worth my time to boycott businesses or picket the farmers or construction sites but someone on your side is going to have to soon or you will be looking at "legal workers coming over that border" in no time. Then what are you going to do?
No offense, but given your self-professed apathy regarding the issue of illegal immigration, I can’t take you or your posts seriously. If you truly “don’t care” about illegal immigration, why are you posting on this forum, or even concerned about what opponents of illegal immigration think? Perhaps you will expound on that for clarification. But, I do believe thou doth protest too much, not to have a dog in this fight. At least be honest.

Meanwhile, as long as we are a sovereign nation, we will have laws governing who, where, when, and how foreigners may lawfully gain entrance to our country. Like it or not, that will NOT change.

Since you “don’t care” about this issue, I imagine you “won’t care” if we actually begin to enforce our laws. Moreover, unless you possess supernatural powers to foretell future events, your “they will eventually become legal” argument is merely supposition, wishful thinking, or both.

BTW, where the heck have you been? We have had “legal” workers crossing our borders for years, and in all likelihood will continue in the future. I am waiting with bated breath for your other equally shocking revelations.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:50 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,107,640 times
[quote=Opyelie;18116213]
Quote:

Because only illegal Mexicans know how to make burritos? Mexican Americans may beg to differ
Unfortunately it ran both off, they were scared of racial profiling (we are all loaded with weapons over here in the west) and as a result, no burritos.
:c rying:

Yes, now I'm being silly i.e.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration