Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 01:09 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,678,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The unemployment crisis is also exacerbated by illegal immigration. There are roughly 1.9 million illegal workers in California, which accounts for 10 percent of the state's entire work force. This means nearly 3 million unemployed Californians have to compete with almost 2 million illegal immigrants for scarce jobs.

Quote:
The administration's lack of enforcement is essentially a worksite endorsement of illegal immigrants taking jobs from legal workers. Rather than arresting illegal workers, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) personnel let them walk down the street to the next employer.
Quote:
Critics of worksite enforcement claim that illegal immigrants hold jobs that Americans won't do. But even in the agriculture industry, where pro-amnesty supporters insist we need illegal workers, 50 percent of the agriculture jobs are held by U.S. citizens and legal immigrants.

Quote:
Statements that Americans are not willing to do these jobs not only are false but also demean the hardworking Americans who do the work.
Who will win? Who gets to destroy America first?
The illegals? or Terrorist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 01:21 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,531,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The democratic party

They will not enforce our laws along the border and they
have let our Military slide as well

Old 03-08-2011, 01:22 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,581,162 times
Illegals or terrorists? It’s hard to say. Both are definitely a threat. When I think of illegal immigration, I am reminded of the Trojan Horse.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,445,024 times
Quote:
If only we could keep the illegals confined to CA.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,581,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It’s too late. They’re in every state, including Alaska and Hawaii.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,467,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Hey i have realitives who live in the E.C. infact most of them do. They are starting to see illegals, and let me tell you they don't like it. They are screaming to me, they were democrats, but changing their tune, at this point they do not trust either party with illegals. They are disapointed with Obama and will not be voting for him again, for many reasons. You won't have as many illegals in other states we are a Border State, and a very large State. So large, i go into areas, past the desert area, i never ever heard of and also other areas. Don't forget 8 to 11 hours for some areas to get to S.F. we are a huge state, but not all areas have an illegal problem, as some may think. And they are also showing up in the South i have friends who live there, and let me tell you there in the South, they don't talk very nice about their illegal friends.

Does not matter if our stupid administrations and President's past and present do not care about this illegal mess, your going to see them thruout the 50 States, let this problem go now, and it will only escalate. Why we don't have those in office who see this as a problem, just baffles me.

Of course this problem takes it's toll on the States that are in this mess, but aren't those in Power suppose to care about this!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,772,317 times
Well obviously those who want their dirt cheap labor and large numbers of it don't want to pay high enough wages or provide them costly insurance plan -- so of course it's going to cost the taxpayers billions of dollars to provide all the needed government services for this very large and very rapidly growing population.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:13 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,559,916 times
Quote:
Well,of the lesser of two evils I would say terrorists are worst. They attack us with bombs and are trying to distroy us and eventually impose sharia law.

Illegals, well, they may deteriorate our living standards but we can alway fight that in more peaceful and safer methods, take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration