Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 12:44 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,585,798 times

Advertisements

I am sure Obama is shaking in his boots (not). After all, he can’t possibly win reelection without the support of Gutierrez. I wonder if Gutierrez is as adamant about this as he was his “promise” to leave the Democrats and represent the “Tequila Party” if the DREAM Act failed.

Quote:
The Illinois Democrat said Saturday that Obama needs to step up efforts to reform the nation's immigration laws to win him over.

"There are four million American citizen children, and those four million American citizen children shouldn’t have a federal government whose main goal is the destruction of their family," said Gutierrez.
Gutierrez Not Automatically Backing Obama in 2012 | NBC Chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 03:13 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,790,233 times
If Obama loses Gutierrez and the La Raza party support, I'd be more inclined to vote for him.

It all depends on who runs against him. If the opponent gets Gutierrez's backing, then for sure Obama gets my vote.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,336,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If Obama loses Gutierrez and the La Raza party support, I'd be more inclined to vote for him.

It all depends on who runs against him. If the opponent gets Gutierrez's backing, then for sure Obama gets my vote.
Gutierrez is just blowing smoke with his threats. He and his advocates for illegal aliens would never vote for a Republican anyway IMO.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:47 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,450,901 times
He's irrelevant the folks who support him are not going to vote for the GOP anyway and are already concentrated in Democratic leaning states. His supporters could stay home and Obama would still coast to victory in the states where Gutierrez gets his support from.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,790,233 times
An Interview with Cesar Chavez - May 17, 1968 | Newstalgia

Cesar Chavez interview where he discusses the problems of Congress failing to enforce the laws, the green card workers, the problem of illegals.

His issues - very much like the issues of Americans today.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:21 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,457,199 times
Quote:
The Illinois Democrat said Saturday that Obama needs to step up efforts to reform the nation's immigration laws to win him over
I guess Gutierrez doesn't realize how useless he's become after making himself out to be a liar.

Obama doesn't need you in order to lose the 2012 election. He's already
proven that he's quite capable of doing this himself.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:10 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,457,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
An Interview with Cesar Chavez - May 17, 1968 | Newstalgia

Cesar Chavez interview where he discusses the problems of Congress failing to enforce the laws, the green card workers, the problem of illegals.

His issues - very much like the issues of Americans today.
I remember Cesar Chavez being interviewed on the radio quite often.

One fear they had (although denied) was the use of "automated equipment".

I remember when automated farm equipment was being introduced to farmers. We even tested several pieces of equipment on our Dairy farm.
At first, the biggest difference was john Deere's "all season"(enclosed cab) tractor that could operate more than one peice of equipment at a time. It had large tires all the way around with "center steering. It could cut, rake and bail hay all at once.
It could also disc,plow and plant corn all at once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration