Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 07:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,871,378 times

Advertisements

The illegals have a very great advantage when applying for federal grant money and financial aid.

Their families' income is mostly undocumented. Their parents might earn money under the table or are using stolen social security numbers if they work and so never have to report that income on the financial aid forms.

Illegals fully intend to take advantage of this and so demand their citizenship reward for being here illegally and now want their free college educations because they think they're too good to do certain jobs, they want the good high paying jobs that Americans would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,605,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The illegals should be considered foreign students and pay the foreign student rate.
Yes, they should. How can anyone justify requiring law-abiding foreign students to pay higher rates, not to mention, U.S. citizens who happen to apply to colleges in states other than their state of residence, while granting in-state tuition rates to people whose mere presence is a violation of our laws? This is beyond insane.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:03 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,462,265 times
This is typical. When I was in school, all the good student internships went to Hispanics and foriegners...because they had less money...

Old 05-16-2011, 09:25 PM

5,298 posts, read 7,663,190 times
Everyone needs to get out and ACTIVELY campaign to get someone in office who will do the job right and get the idiots out of office ! I plan to take time off from work and I can ill afford to do that but, to actively make my voice heard during the campaigns, as well as, put my vote to work. We have to stand up as Americans and not just complain. We have to become proactive and I know it is hard. It is hard for me. I am almost 70 years old and still work fulltime so, we can do it.....I am doing it for my grandchildren, for when they enter the workforce so that they have a chance to make a decent living and get what my taxes paid for all these years.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:01 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,847,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The illegals have a very great advantage when applying for federal grant money and financial aid.

Their families' income is mostly undocumented. Their parents might earn money under the table or are using stolen social security numbers if they work and so never have to report that income on the financial aid forms.

Illegals fully intend to take advantage of this and so demand their citizenship reward for being here illegally and now want their free college educations because they think they're too good to do certain jobs, they want the good high paying jobs that Americans would do.
Must be magic since no federal dollars go to higher education for illegal aliens.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:14 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,103,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Another sign that politicians value illegals more than the Americans who elected them.
It was the ILLEGALS who put him over the top!

Old 05-17-2011, 07:02 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,034,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The illegals should be considered foreign students and pay the foreign student rate.
Or, they should be, um, deported.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:16 AM

39,946 posts, read 26,651,110 times
One more corrupt politician who puts the interests of criminals over law abiding citizens.

Only question is, will the voters remember at election time? If not, they have gotten what they deserve.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:51 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,605,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Must be magic since no federal dollars go to higher education for illegal aliens.
Federal, no; State, yes (legally).

Regardless, illegals are still receiving tax-funded tuition in several states. Also, they receive financial assistance from federally funded organizations, such as La Raza (NCLR).

Old 05-19-2011, 04:03 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,847,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Federal, no; State, yes (legally).

Regardless, illegals are still receiving tax-funded tuition in several states. Also, they receive financial assistance from federally funded organizations, such as La Raza (NCLR).
Just as some believe that federal funds to Planned Parenthood goes directly to fund abortions, then it can be beleived that any federal funds to NCLR gos straight to educational assistance to illegal aliens college students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration