Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:37 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,592,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Just as some believe that federal funds to Planned Parenthood goes directly to fund abortions, then it can be beleived that any federal funds to NCLR gos straight to educational assistance to illegal aliens college students.
We are NOT discussing Planned Parenthood, or abortions. We are discussing illegal aliens, and their tax-funded tuition benefits. Whether it’s directly or indirectly, when they receive tuition assistance from federally funded organizations, they are being funded by the federal government. In other words, we (U.S. taxpayers) pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 09:09 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,843,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We are NOT discussing Planned Parenthood, or abortions. We are discussing illegal aliens, and their tax-funded tuition benefits. Whether it’s directly or indirectly, when they receive tuition assistance from federally funded organizations, they are being funded by the federal government. In other words, we (U.S. taxpayers) pay.
neirther was I...I was making a "like" comparison. If you beleive that any federal fund equals tuition assiatantance, then change the law or take UM to court.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
neirther was I...I was making a "like" comparison. If you beleive that any federal fund equals tuition assiatantance, then change the law or take UM to court.
The “law” already prohibits illegal aliens from receiving federally funded college assistance. However, illegal aliens and their unscrupulous peddlers don’t give a damn about our laws. In fact, they take great pride in their ability to circumvent our laws with impunity. We don’t need to change our laws. We need to enforce our laws, and rid our country of illegals.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:06 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,843,739 times
Quote:
The “law” already prohibits illegal aliens from receiving federally funded college assistance. However, illegal aliens and their unscrupulous peddlers don’t give a damn about our laws. In fact, they take great pride in their ability to circumvent our laws with impunity. We don’t need to change our laws. We need to enforce our laws, and rid our country of illegals.
Thats a great arrgument if you could prove it. You dont even know what percentage of students recieve scholarships and of those recieving scholarships, which are from groups that recieve federal funds...but why let that stop you. Wipe them students with the same dirty rag.

Enforce the law...go after all those students that are recieving federal funds...

Your State just passed a law that allows illegal aliens student the in-state tuition rate. Seems you and your state have a difference in oppnion.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,814,775 times
Quote:
Federal, no; State, yes (legally).

Regardless, illegals are still receiving tax-funded tuition in several states. Also, they receive financial assistance from federally funded organizations, such as La Raza (NCLR).
They do. And this is why they want the Dream Act passed, that would enable them to more taxpayer money.

When they apply for college financial aid, they would not have to report the under-the-table income and many grow up on food stamps and Medicaid programs now. And those who work are using stolen social security numbers, and that income they receive isn't easily traced so doesn't have to be considered.

Everyone with half a brain knows that illegals will qualify over most American citizens for free tuition money if it's based on financial need.

And of course the Dream act gets all the children smuggled over legal status in time to sponsor their illegals relatives in time to get in on the social security program which will make their retirement years all the better.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Thats a great arrgument if you could prove it. You dont even know what percentage of students recieve scholarships and of those recieving scholarships, which are from groups that recieve federal funds...but why let that stop you. Wipe them students with the same dirty rag.

Enforce the law...go after all those students that are recieving federal funds...

Your State just passed a law that allows illegal aliens student the in-state tuition rate. Seems you and your state have a difference in oppnion.
There are many realities that are hard to prove, but that doesn’t make them a fallacy. Furthermore, most do not advertise their unethical practices, for obvious reasons.

As for my state, the taxpaying residents did not pass a law granting illegal aliens in-state tuition. Our pandering, corrupt politicians passed this travesty to appease the special interest groups who line their greedy pockets. However, we are now fighting to thwart the fleecing of Maryland taxpayers by parasitic illegals. If illegals want to attend college, let them pay the higher rates just like LEGAL foreign students. We do not want our tax dollars subsidizing illegal aliens, and we will do whatever is necessary. Make no mistake.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:10 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,701,673 times
Quote:
There are many realities that are hard to prove, but that doesn’t make them a fallacy. Furthermore, most do not advertise their unethical practices, for obvious reasons.

As for my state, the taxpaying residents did not pass a law granting illegal aliens in-state tuition. Our pandering, corrupt politicians passed this travesty to appease the special interest groups who line their greedy pockets. However, we are now fighting to thwart the fleecing of Maryland taxpayers by parasitic illegals. If illegals want to attend college, let them pay the higher rates just like LEGAL foreign students. We do not want our tax dollars subsidizing illegal aliens, and we will do whatever is necessary. Make no mistake.
Good luck Benicar. I hope this ridiculous bill gets changed.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:40 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,458,102 times
Quote:

University Insiders: Illegal Immigrants Get Affirmative Action - FoxNews.com

Quote:
University of Maryland (College Park) computer science Prof. James Purtilo told FoxNews.com that, during his time as an associate dean, he frequently saw admission officers favor students because of their “undocumented” status.

"They favor students with special circumstances. 'Undocumented alien' would be one of these special circumstances... They help fill out the diversity picture for the admissions office."

"It was just the norm," Purtillo added, "that obviously we need more of these students [undocumented aliens]… 'this student has a real story to tell' would be a common thing the admissions officers would say. Or that 'they're enriching the College Park experience.'"

Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,365,692 times
The only thing I'm willing to fund for illegals with my tax money is a bus/plane ticket home.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:36 AM

191 posts, read 358,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Everyone needs to get out and ACTIVELY campaign to get someone in office who will do the job right and get the idiots out of office ! I plan to take time off from work and I can ill afford to do that but, to actively make my voice heard during the campaigns, as well as, put my vote to work. We have to stand up as Americans and not just complain. We have to become proactive and I know it is hard. It is hard for me. I am almost 70 years old and still work fulltime so, we can do it.....I am doing it for my grandchildren, for when they enter the workforce so that they have a chance to make a decent living and get what my taxes paid for all these years.
Agreed! I am young and in college and i plan on next semester making my own club just on immigration! I have so many questions that still have yet to be answered. From what i see though illegal aliens usually live in a low income area and they are clustered in that area. I know this is the case in VA. So why the police dont go to these areas and have status checks i dont know? Do they want illegal aliens in our country..... They are a assest to most bussiness by allowing companies to built there buildings for a very low cost...All i know is i plan on getting active and when i find out about things like this do all I can do to protect myself....I work my butt and will have debt when i finsh school, why do ILLEGEL aliens get pell grants and go to school for free?? I will do all i can do to make sure that this isnt the case for much longer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration