Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Dream Act
I support the Dream Act 7 12.28%
I do not support the Dream Act 8 14.04%
Children of Illegal Aliens should be deported with their parents 42 73.68%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 06:57 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,494,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
What should be done about the Children of Illegal Aliens? That is a difficult question for Congress. In some cases, kids who have lived in America most of their lives are being deported in immigration sweeps. Many are top students in school and completely American in almost every way.

Critics of the Dream Act say that it will encourage parents to bring their kids to America as illegal aliens so they can get the American dream illegally. What do you think?

Here is more information about the Dream Act:

DREAM Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I support one thing when it comes to Illegal Aliens and their anchor babies. Deport them and deport them now, Every one of them! and close the borders and close the borders now!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 09:17 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,992,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
I support one thing when it comes to Illegal Aliens and their anchor babies. Deport them and deport them now, Every one of them! and close the borders and close the borders now!!
I agree 100% AMEN !!

Old 08-11-2007, 09:19 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsantssally View Post
This is very harsh thing to say!! I'm a illegal immigrant! My visa expired 3 years ago!
Hopefully, ICE will be able to track your ISP#.
Quote:
My parents are also illegal but they have social security numbers and work legally but they are not legal residents and i dont have a SSN. I guess you can say they are "criminals".
So your parents are illegal but have SSN#'s? Those SSN#'s are clearly stolen or forged, my dear, and that's a felony.
Quote:
But don't call me a criminal because i had no choice in coming to America!
If I choose to call you a criminal, I will do so.
Quote:
If i understood the laws of this country as a 10 year old i would not have wanted to come here and be called a "criminal".
If you wish to return home, I am sure the US gov. can help you with that.
Quote:
Its too late for me to back, I have a vocabulary of 4th grader back in my country and my writing isn't that good either.
It is never too late. Not knowing English didn't stop your parents from overstaying their visas in order to remain in the US illegally, so why should not knowing the native language stop you from returning to your home country?
Quote:
I was never enforced to kepp learning my language, my parents' main concern was for me to learn english. Now i'm a Junior in high school. I DO NOT CHEAT ON TESTS. I have a 4.0! Dream of becoming a pharmacist! I do a lot of tutoring on my own time for friends and kids that struggle with school! So don't call me a cheater and a criminal because i DO the opposite! Teachers love me!! They think I have a bright future and is a great role model!
I suspect that your home country could benefit from having another pharmacist more than the US. There may even be a desperate need for pharmacists there.
Quote:
Being Illegal bothers everyday...sometimes i want to go back to my country despite of what awaits for me. I have such guilt because of the future my parents have chosen for me! if we had stayed in our country I would've also been a great and intelligent student. Its worse for children that came to the country younger than me...growing up being called a criminal without the understanding of why! Kids shouldnt be punished for what their parents did! Remember we were never given a choice!
An American citizen who has committed a crime and is sent to prison may also have children. This undoubtedly is very traumatic for these children who are 'punished' for the crime their parent committed. 'Kids shouldn't be punished for what their parents did!' OK. Should we turn loose murderers and bank robbers because putting them in jail 'punishes' their children?
Quote:
If American Schools gave illegal children the option to pay for their education I would rather pay than being a society problem!
With your parents working minimum wage jobs, the US taxpayer has probably been subsidizing your education from the get-go. And you probably won't pay for your college, either. One is led to suspect that you will get all sorts of financial help that otherwise could have gone to actual US citizens. All you need to do is approach some sympathetic reporter with your tale and you will be on Easy Street.
No matter how you slice and dice it or how you try to sugarcoat it, you are here illegally. Don't expect that people are not going to call you on it

Last edited by andreabeth; 08-11-2007 at 09:49 AM..

Old 08-11-2007, 09:22 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
What should be done about the Children of Illegal Aliens? That is a difficult question for Congress. In some cases, kids who have lived in America most of their lives are being deported in immigration sweeps. Many are top students in school and completely American in almost every way.

Critics of the Dream Act say that it will encourage parents to bring their kids to America as illegal aliens so they can get the American dream illegally. What do you think?

Here is more information about the Dream Act:

DREAM Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Completely American in almost every way ??? Yea except they are illegal aliens. LOL that makes no sense at all. Illegal aliens are illegal !! Send them home with the parents. Why is America so content with paying millions of dollars every year for these illegals. Illegal kids have better health benefits here than American kids do, it's a mockery of the American dream. Taxpayers across this country have no insurance and struggle every day to maintain a decent life for their families. Illegals come here and get government assistance for health care, food and Americans have sympathy for them why ? America needs to have sympathy for the homeless and hungry Americans , send the illegals home.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:30 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,464,213 times
Quote:
This is very harsh thing to say!! I'm a illegal immigrant! My visa expired 3 years ago! My parents are also illegal but they have social security numbers and work legally but they are not legal residents and i dont have a SSN. I guess you can say they are "criminals". But don't call me a criminal because i had no choice in coming to America! If i understood the laws of this country as a 10 year old i would not have wanted to come here and be called a "criminal". Its too late for me to back, I have a vocabulary of 4th grader back in my country and my writing isn't that good either. I was never enforced to kepp learning my language, my parents' main concern was for me to learn english. Now i'm a Junior in high school. I DO NOT CHEAT ON TESTS. I have a 4.0! Dream of becoming a pharmacist! I do a lot of tutoring on my own time for friends and kids that struggle with school! So don't call me a cheater and a criminal because i DO the opposite! Teachers love me!! They think I have a bright future and is a great role model! Being Illegal bothers everyday...sometimes i want to go back to my country despite of what awaits for me. I have such guilt because of the future my parents have chosen for me! if we had stayed in our country I would've also been a great and intelligent student. Its worse for children that came to the country younger than me...growing up being called a criminal without the understanding of why! Kids shouldnt be punished for what their parents did! Remember we were never given a choice! If American Schools gave illegal children the option to pay for their education I would rather pay than being a society problem!
Great for you that you are a good student. Shame on your parents for being illegal and shame for letting your visa expire. If illegals can't go through the proper channels to be in America, I have no sympathy for them. Illegals drain the system, and take away from government funds intended for Americans. And you remember, we as Americans were not given a choice either, we don't want illegals here but here you are ! Now go home !

Old 08-11-2007, 10:35 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,992,674 times
Quote:
This is very harsh thing to say!! I'm a illegal immigrant! My visa expired 3 years ago! My parents are also illegal but they have social security numbers and work legally but they are not legal residents and i dont have a SSN. I guess you can say they are "criminals". But don't call me a criminal because i had no choice in coming to America! If i understood the laws of this country as a 10 year old i would not have wanted to come here and be called a "criminal". Its too late for me to back, I have a vocabulary of 4th grader back in my country and my writing isn't that good either. I was never enforced to kepp learning my language, my parents' main concern was for me to learn english. Now i'm a Junior in high school. I DO NOT CHEAT ON TESTS. I have a 4.0! Dream of becoming a pharmacist! I do a lot of tutoring on my own time for friends and kids that struggle with school! So don't call me a cheater and a criminal because i DO the opposite! Teachers love me!! They think I have a bright future and is a great role model! Being Illegal bothers everyday...sometimes i want to go back to my country despite of what awaits for me. I have such guilt because of the future my parents have chosen for me! if we had stayed in our country I would've also been a great and intelligent student. Its worse for children that came to the country younger than me...growing up being called a criminal without the understanding of why! Kids shouldnt be punished for what their parents did! Remember we were never given a choice! If American Schools gave illegal children the option to pay for their education I would rather pay than being a society problem!
I have a solution.....How about we send both of your parents to prison and we give you the bill to pay for them. And after lets say a 20 year sentence you all get deported back.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:49 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,494,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I have a solution.....How about we send both of your parents to prison and we give you the bill to pay for them. And after lets say a 20 year sentence you all get deported back.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:30 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,123 times
You will note of course the Army is pretty desparate to get the Act passed - because that will allow a path for illegal immigrants citizenship if they enlist, and Lord knows the army needs bodies right now. It is a little disgusting the army has to resort to thousands and thousands of dollars now for sign up bonuses, or trying to bribe immigrants with citizenship, to "volunteer" for the war on "terror"...but that is where we are today.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:45 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Great post! Send all the criminals back.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:11 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,061,372 times
Quote:
My visa expired 3 years ago! My parents are also illegal but they have social security numbers and work legally but they are not legal residents and i dont have a SSN.
Have your parents explored their options in terms of legalization? They really should, as it will make it much easier for you in terms of education and employment. Your parents should be able to apply for legal permanent residence status if they immigrated prior to 1982 (possibly 1986) through the IRCA act of 1986. In that case, you could then apply for permanent residency as an Immediate Relative (IR) because you are under 21.

If you haven't already, you should really speak to an immigration lawyer to find out your options. Without a valid SSN, you will have a very hard time applying for college and finding work. Even though the visas have expired, there there may be a case for one or more of your family to apply for legal residency based on the number of years they were in the United States legally.

Lastly, if all other options are closed, if your family is from a country that can participate, you should apply for the Green Card DV lottery. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Hopefully, ICE will be able to track your ISP#.
ICE has better things to do than chase down highschoolers.
Quote:
So your parents are illegal but have SSN#'s? Those SSN#'s are clearly stolen or forged, my dear, and that's a felony.
SSN's are issued to foreigners on non-immigrant visas with work permission. The visa may expire, but the SSN does not. Therefore someone in unlawful residence may legally possess a SSN. Please educate yourself on the subject matter before you speak. The rest of your post is simply conjecture and mean-spirited attacks on a minor. There's no need for me to repeat anything else, as your own attacks on a child speak for your moral character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration