Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:56 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,318,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Unfortunately, one of the most costly results of illegal immigration is the BILLIONS squandered annually on the K-12 education for the children of illegal aliens, and Mexicans who brazenly cross our borders daily to receive an education at U.S. taxpayers’ expense. Sadly, the Supreme Court has ruled that ALL children in this country are entitled to a public school education, regardless of immigration status. This includes costly ESL classes, and “free” breakfast/lunch programs.

We are the biggest fools on earth, and our enemies are patiently awaiting our demise. At our current rate of implosion, it won’t take long. And, to think, it was all done from within, without a single shot being fired from an enemy military. Illegals are our Trojan Horse and Achilles’ Heel all rolled into one. Meanwhile, all who oppose are vilified.
...and yet people wonder why I don't have children. What kind of world would I bring them into? Not worth it IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:01 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,564,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You do understand that legal immigrants retain their foreign citizenship until they naturalize here? My own stepchildren are Mexican Nationals, going to school (fully legally, as we live in the school district) in the United States. Things like "school lunch" programs are not reserved only for U.S. citizens (or in the case of "Anchor Babies", U.S. citizens that have to have taxpaying parents), but for lower-income families.

In fact the programs I have seen are "low cost" school meals, rather than free, or "no cost"...

You may want to edit your post to better account for what you are really trying to say...
You may, once again, wish to take a reading comprehension course (in English). The reference was to "illegal" aliens, not those with a legal resident status.

Low cost meals are not completely paided for by anyone but the government. And are free to the student or have the balance of the cost paid for by the government (supported by tax payers). Additionally, the comment was again in regard to illegals, not "lower income" legal residents.

Just another of your attempts to hijack a thread.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I will clarify-- illegal children don't get medical services from Medicaid--but get the same services at school. We bill Medicade for all children, regardless of eligibilty. So--why are we giving medical services at public schools, and medical equipment that they would not otherwise receive?

Same with food--the illegals can't have food stamps, why do we givethem food at school? Same program...

I was sick of having a classroom full of illegal children, with aids that spoke Spanish...to the students. English was barely acknowledged. I needed interpreters for every phone call and meeting with parents--who never bothered to learn English.

And yet--an African-American girl was placed in another school, because her mother enrolled her at this school--for the excellent care and services--and the school district treated her like a criminal--because she lived in a different area.
The school nurse gives out the same medical services as Medicaid???

IF you are an educator, you should know illegal aliens are allowed food stamps[actually you should the're are no longer called... "food Stamps"...anymore(EBT Cards)]

"Food Stamps" have noting to do with K-12 education. If your going to compare the mother [African -American you so liked to point out] who sent her children to a district her children were not eligble to attend...with illegal aliens...at least keep the comparison about the same subject.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:48 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,870,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
"Jasper12" has stated that currently only U.S. citizens qualify for those programs. And if the family income is too high? "U.S. citizens are being denied benefits!"

I might be mistaken but I thought when someone emigrated to the US they were to be denied ant benefits for about 5 years or so. Am I wrong? I thought their sponsor had to prove they could cover their financial burden.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:52 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,870,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
For those of you living in that area, I put a link to the website of "The Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama", and one can see who some of their sponsers are. Boycott them with all you have and let the business's know why. Several of the national companies sponsering "HICCA" are on my boycott list. Sponsors | The Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama

Not being from Alabama the one that really sticks out to me is The United Way. And they give over $50,000. I used to give to them...not anymore. It really pays to check out the charities you give to.

Thanks for the link!

Old 06-13-2011, 09:59 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,489,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I might be mistaken but I thought when someone emigrated to the US they were to be denied ant benefits for about 5 years or so. Am I wrong? I thought their sponsor had to prove they could cover their financial burden.

My husband and daughter-in-law are LEGAL immigrants here from the UK, and you are correct. They are denied any benefits until they become naturalized citizens or have been here for a minimum of 5 years. However, even if they have met the 5 year requirement, the government still can (and probably will) go after the sponsors to foot the bill.

My family have been here since 1609, even longer when you take into account my Lenni Lenape, Mohawk and Montauk ancestors, we are struggling because I am out of work, yet I cannot apply for government assistance and request help through funds my people have been paying into the system for over 400 years. But cross the border illegally and in less than 24 hours you can have all the help you need with food, housing, education and medical.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:00 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,329,827 times
Quote:
Not being from Alabama the one that really sticks out to me is The United Way. And they give over $50,000. I used to give to them...not anymore. It really pays to check out the charities you give to.

Thanks for the link!
When I was working full time I also authorized deductions from my paycheck to the United Way until I found out that illegal aliens are part of the recipients of those funds. After that instead I designated certain charities that my donations would go to and I investigated them first.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:24 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
For those of you living in that area, I put a link to the website of "The Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama", and one can see who some of their sponsers are. Boycott them with all you have and let the business's know why. Several of the national companies sponsering "HICCA" are on my boycott list. Sponsors | The Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama
Why stop there. Since almost every Fourtune 500 company advertises on American Spanish language TV, and only illegals watch Spanish language TV...you need to also Boycott

ATT
Coke
Ford
Sears
Kmart
Verizon
Chevy
Pizza Hut
McDonald's
Sprint
Allstate
Budwieser
Disneyland/world
Dell
Apple
Folgers
Kraft
Kingsford
Lowes
Burgerking
Subway
Walmart
Covergirl
Old Navy
and more...

Old 06-13-2011, 10:35 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,851,628 times
Quote:

Not really "any" benefits, so actually things like low-cost lunch programs can be used if financially qualified (my income is too high for my kids to be in the program). The families of Active Duty servicemembers don't have the 5 year wait either. A sponsor pens out a legally binding contract for how they will support whom they are sponsoring.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,659,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Why stop there. Since almost every Fourtune 500 company advertises on American Spanish language TV, and only illegals watch Spanish language TV...you need to also Boycott

ATT - I have Verizon
Coke - I don't drink any type of soda
Ford - haven't owned a Ford product for decades
Sears - don't shop there
Kmart - don't shop there
Verizon -oops!
Chevy - same as Ford
Pizza Hut - blech, never go there
McDonald's - same as above
Sprint - I have Verizon
Allstate - oops!
Budwieser - don't drink beer
Disneyland/world - never been and don't plan to go
Dell - well, at work..no choice there
Apple - Nope
Folgers - don't drink coffee
Kraft - Cheese?
Kingsford - charcoal? don't use
Lowes - oops!
Burgerking - same as micky dees
Subway - don't go there
Walmart - ESPECIALLY don't go there
Covergirl - haven't worn makeup in decades
Old Navy - don't shop there
and more...
so from this list I have three OOPS and really don't want to change. Lowes vs. Home Depot that uses illegal labor and allows them to hang out around the outside of the store to offer their 'help'. Lowes does not allow that.

Allstate I've had for almost 30 years; I'd hate to change now.

Verizon - meh, they are probably all the same!

We can only do what we can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration