Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 04:10 AM

50,549 posts, read 47,363,900 times

Advertisements

Morton: Schools to obey new law | The Montgomery Advertiser | montgomeryadvertiser.com

Transparency is a good thing here. How much money are we really spending on illegals k - 12. They aren't being denied an education but we can at least get a better grip on the damage to our wallets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 06:01 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,397,096 times
Agreed; I don't see anything nefarious about this at all. If illegals don't like it they can go home.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:48 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,494,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Morton: Schools to obey new law | The Montgomery Advertiser | montgomeryadvertiser.com

Transparency is a good thing here. How much money are we really spending on illegals k - 12. They aren't being denied an education but we can at least get a better grip on the damage to our wallets.
"Perez said he believes the new law is racist and he worries about young people who are coming to Alabama from Mexico and other Latin American countries to make a living."

If you dont like the way we don things, tell it to Mexico how they hassle illegal aliens.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:34 PM

884 posts, read 718,455 times
For those of you living in that area, I put a link to the website of "The Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama", and one can see who some of their sponsers are. Boycott them with all you have and let the business's know why. Several of the national companies sponsering "HICCA" are on my boycott list. Sponsors | The Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama

Old 06-12-2011, 06:20 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,454,621 times
Interesting. Many children who are not citizens receive goods and services that only citizens are eligible for--free breakfast, free lunch, medical services--in terms of occupational therapy, pysical therapy, and medical equipment--wheelchairs, all provided by taxpayers. Of which their parents are not. Let's not forget that our schools have become bi-lingual, more Spanish than English.

They put American citizens in jail for enrolling students outside of their school district zones. But they don't even check the citezenship of children attending school?

Old 06-12-2011, 06:22 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,454,621 times
Interesting. Many children who are not citizens receive goods and services that only citizens are eligible for--free breakfast, free lunch, medical services--in terms of occupational therapy, pysical therapy, and medical equipment--wheelchairs, all provided by taxpayers. Of which their parents are not. Let's not forget that our schools have become bi-lingual, more Spanish than English.

They put American citizens in jail for enrolling students outside of their school district zones. But they don't even check the citezenship of children attending school?

Old 06-12-2011, 06:34 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

You do understand that legal immigrants retain their foreign citizenship until they naturalize here? My own stepchildren are Mexican Nationals, going to school (fully legally, as we live in the school district) in the United States. Things like "school lunch" programs are not reserved only for U.S. citizens (or in the case of "Anchor Babies", U.S. citizens that have to have taxpaying parents), but for lower-income families.

In fact the programs I have seen are "low cost" school meals, rather than free, or "no cost"...

You may want to edit your post to better account for what you are really trying to say...

Old 06-12-2011, 06:49 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,348,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You do understand that legal immigrants retain their foreign citizenship until they naturalize here? My own stepchildren are Mexican Nationals, going to school (fully legally, as we live in the school district) in the United States. Things like "school lunch" programs are not reserved only for U.S. citizens (or in the case of "Anchor Babies", U.S. citizens that have to have taxpaying parents), but for lower-income families.

In fact the programs I have seen are "low cost" school meals, rather than free, or "no cost"...

You may want to edit your post to better account for what you are really trying to say...
I believe the subject was illegal alien children receiving those goodies, not legal immigrants or citizens. Poor or not they should be disqualified based on their illegal status in this country.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I believe the subject was illegal alien children receiving those goodies, not legal immigrants or citizens. Poor or not they should be disqualified based on their illegal status in this country.
I often wonder how the bleeding hearts and pro-illegals will feel after illegals have completely bankrupted this country, and there is nothing left for citizens. I will say in advance, apology NOT accepted.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:08 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"Jasper12" said (twice) that only U.S. citizens were eligible for the programs they named. Such information is false. I asked for more clarity with what they are trying to say.

Point is, "Jasper12" is focused on the citizenship of children attending schools. There are some U.S. citizen children (with taxpaying U.S. citizen parents) that will not qualify for the programs mentioned (because the family income is too high). Evaluate the programs for what they are, not judging them from an unrelated determination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration