Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 PM

192 posts, read 115,507 times

Advertisements

Brazil has the 7th biggest economy in the world,

Old 06-23-2011, 07:19 PM

403 posts, read 333,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
No other RICH country has birthright.
How do you feel about Obamacare?

Old 06-23-2011, 07:30 PM
pvn

103 posts, read 55,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Are the children of illegal immigrant parents entitled to benefits, just because they were born here? If your answer is yes, then it is also fair to say that an American should be entitled to a job in order to support their family as well.
Legally? I believe they are but I'm not really sure. Why does my answer have any impact on whether Americans are entitled to a job or not?

Old 06-23-2011, 07:32 PM
pvn

Quote:
Okay, so what do you think about businesses like Hometown Buffet, where ALL of the employees are non-English speakers and those who only know English cannot communicate their needs or desires to them? Are English-only speakers not worthy of the same considerations?
Sounds like you don't like it much. Maybe you should find some other restaurant?

Quote:
The fact is that in order to become a citizen one must know how to read, write and speak English, with a few exceptions. So, if they are living here and NOT able to speak English it can be safely assumed that they are illegal immigrants or the children of illegal immigrants, who refuse to learn our language and obviously have no intent to become legal, since knowing English is required to do so.
I'm not sure what difference any of this makes, even if it's true (which I'm not sure is the case).

Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 PM
pvn

Quote:
Fine, I have no problem with that, if they are here LEGALLY and wish to learn our language.
OK, so make it easier for them to be here legally. Then you would have a lot fewer illegals to complain about.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,525 times
Quote:
Fine, I have no problem with that, if they are here LEGALLY and wish to learn our language.
So what are we having to "endure"?...

I don't even know how to answer the topic to stay on the point (there doesn't seem to be one)...

How much more do we have to endure meandering topics like this?...

Old 06-23-2011, 07:43 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
OK, so make it easier for them to be here legally. Then you would have a lot fewer illegals to complain about.
No need to make it easy to be legal. If the USA needs people; well make that call. Otherwise; stand in line in YOUR country or if here illegally, risk getting in lots of trouble.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:44 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Brazil has the 7th biggest economy in the world,
China has a big economy to. Im talking bout the money that each person has. MOST Brazil and Chinese people are poor.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:04 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,801 times
Quote:
No need to make it easy to be legal. If the USA needs people; well make that call. Otherwise; stand in line in YOUR country or if here illegally, risk getting in lots of trouble.
But what you actualy mean is the government makes the call. The only way for "we" to make the call that makes any real sense is to let market forces operate. If people don't want their labor, they will not purchase it.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:05 PM
pvn

Quote:
Who is we? I mean you're basically saying the government should determine the staffing needs of private businesses? Sounds a lot like soviet-style central planning to me. Go USA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration