Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 02:27 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,692,683 times

Advertisements

Come to Lawrence Massachusetts and you will see the REAL damage these people have done.

illegal aliens need to be deported. I don't care if they are from England, illegally and live in a 5 million dollar house.

This country has laws, we can't pick which ones we want to follow and who they should apply to.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:01 PM

34 posts, read 42,189 times
Ye you also have a (fragile) economy to look after and (hopefully) a heart to follow - case by case deportation is the way to go - don't generalize

Old 07-04-2011, 03:27 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,860,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
34% is still pretty high.
My community is over 50% Hispanic, and within 100 miles of the Mexican border. I would be truly surprised for anything but a fraction of a single percent of the total population to be illegal aliens. A sizable Hispanic population does not necessarily equate to higher quantities of illegal aliens, of any flavor.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:51 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,350,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingVoltron View Post
I agree. I trust you report all the jaywalkers and litterers you see?
That lame analogy has already been used in here and shot down. Try again. Gee you wouldn't be related to "Voltron Flyer" would ya? Back on my ignore list again.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:31 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,860,553 times
Quote:
Um its not an analogy.
Correct, "The Rule of Law" doesn't allow discounting or trivializing any law on the books...

Old 07-04-2011, 08:38 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,081,196 times
Quote:
I agree. I trust you report all the jaywalkers and litterers you see?
You're attempting to equate a State Civil Summary Infraction (jaywalkers and litterers) to a Federal Criminal Offense (entry without inspection and visa overstay)?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:42 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,316,156 times
I do not understand this thread. How does it relate to illegal immigration?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:45 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,316,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronFlyer View Post
Why are you guys so determined to take away from Cyanna's experience? God forbid she experience something that allows her to show some compassion towards the immigrant community. Cant have that can we?!
It's not immigrants that we are discussing in this sub-forum, it's illegal immigrants. That is why I find the first post of this thread to be out-of-place. I've seen beautiful areas in Mexico, but does that mean I'm OK with the millions of illegal immigrants here from Mexico? It's almost as if it is an attempt to make people OK with illegal immigration just because there is some pretty neighborhood that is assumed to be inhabited by those who are illegally here. How emotion-based is that? Very. Who cares about cosmetics and nice yards when we are trying to figure out how to keep illegal immigrants from causing our governments to spend tons of money on them?

Oh, I am a compassionate person myself, but I also am not one to have people using, abusing me such as illegal immigrants. There is a point when one can't allow compassion to keep them dumb and allowing an inevitable negative state become reality. If compassion allows me and others to let our city becoming broke even more or a dump, then compassion is going to be in very, very small amounts.

Besides ... do illegal immigrants and many of the ones with their hands in the United States Treasury have compassion for us? Nope, that's why too much emotion and compassion on this topic is pointless. You give in and they keep take, take, taking. There's no Noble Peace Prize for just letting a bunch of people come into your country and take from you, make things harder.

Oh, there's also a reverse prejudice shown in this thread. The original poster seems to know that the people of this community are illegal immigrants. Isn't that an assumption? Yet, people who are anti-illegal immigration are always questioned as to why they assume that an area with predominant Hispanics or something is full of illegal immigrants.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Correct, "The Rule of Law" doesn't allow discounting or trivializing any law on the books...
It does allow for degrees of severity, however. If you think that entering this country illegally, using fake and stolen I.D.'s to work and reside in this country, etc. is the same thing as jaywalking then your defense of illegal aliens is even more skewered than I thought.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
It's not immigrants that we are discussing in this sub-forum, it's illegal immigrants. That is why I find the first post of this thread to be out-of-place. I've seen beautiful areas in Mexico, but does that mean I'm OK with the millions of illegal immigrants here from Mexico? It's almost as if it is an attempt to make people OK with illegal immigration just because there is some pretty neighborhood that is assumed to be inhabited by those who are illegally here. How emotion-based is that? Very. Who cares about cosmetics and nice yards when we are trying to figure out how to keep illegal immigrants from causing our governments to spend tons of money on them?

Oh, I am a compassionate person myself, but I also am not one to have people using, abusing me such as illegal immigrants. There is a point when one can't allow compassion to keep them dumb and allowing an inevitable negative state become reality. If compassion allows me and others to let our city becoming broke even more or a dump, then compassion is going to be in very, very small amounts.

Besides ... do illegal immigrants and many of the ones with their hands in the United States Treasury have compassion for us? Nope, that's why too much emotion and compassion on this topic is pointless. You give in and they keep take, take, taking. There's no Noble Peace Prize for just letting a bunch of people come into your country and take from you, make things harder.

Oh, there's also a reverse prejudice shown in this thread. The original poster seems to know that the people of this community are illegal immigrants. Isn't that an assumption? Yet, people who are anti-illegal immigration are always questioned as to why they assume that an area with predominant Hispanics or something is full of illegal immigrants.
Excellent post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration