Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:58 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,053,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Recently, presidential candidate Herman Cain called for solving illegal immigration by securing our border with a moat filled with alligators and an electrified “great wall of China.” Throughout his campaign, Cain has emphasized his “problem solving” abilities and business experience with Godfather’s Pizza.
Quote:
We call on Herman Cain to drop his candidacy for President. His recent comments and lack of practical solutions to solving illegal immigration show he’s not a serious candidate. Many Hispanics find his recent comments comparing immigrants to “invading Huns” offensive, and also insensitive when thousands of immigrants died crossing the desert. We’re looking for practical and humane solutions, and find Cain’s pandering to xenophobes disgusting. Apparently nativist tea has been served up at many tea parties!
National Latino GOP Group wants Herman Cain to quit Presidential Race

YouTube - ‪Cain's plan to secure border Great Wall + moat + alligators‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 03:08 AM

Taken an NYTimes interview.

Quote:
You said of the Great Wall of China, “I think we could build one” as a solution to our immigration problems. Are you concerned that as many as three million Chinese died building it?
My point was, if they could build that wall centuries ago without bulldozers, we can secure the border today. It could be a combination of walls and high-tech equipment. Now, if accidents happen, that’s one thing. But I think we can improve upon that ratio of three million people dying.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/03/ma...cain.html?_r=1

Old 07-12-2011, 07:16 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,594,820 times
What’s new? Don’t Hispanic supporters of illegal aliens decry every proposal to curb illegal immigration, and accuse every opponent of being a racist/xenophobe/nativist? It’s a broken record.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What’s new? Don’t Hispanic supporters of illegal aliens decry every proposal to curb illegal immigration, and accuse every opponent of being a racist/xenophobe/nativist? It’s a broken record.
And you don't think building a Great Wall (singular) like China with with electrical wire and alligators on the other side is xenophobic? I don't mind the fence but I think he goes beyond common sense. He's an extremist.

Mind you, this guy doesn't think Obama is a REAL black man. He wants a REAL black man to be elected for president, like himself. You can read on it, its in that NY Times interview. I highly doubt he will make it.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:17 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,128,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
And you don't think building a Great Wall (singular) like China with with electrical wire and alligators on the other side is xenophobic? I don't mind the fence but I think he goes beyond common sense. He's an extremist.

Mind you, this guy doesn't think Obama is a REAL black man. He wants a REAL black man to be elected for president, like himself. You can read on it, its in that NY Times interview. I highly doubt he will make it.

But yet the deployment of the Mexican Army along the Guatemalan border is ok right? What about Mexico's notoriously harsh immigration laws? They ok too? Looks like everything is good and fun to you, but when the Americans do it then it suddenly becomes wrong (but only for us evil Americans).

Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,994,523 times
Quote:

Nope, I think it's practical. Mexico needs to fix its own problems instead of Los Zetas backed Calderón dumping his poor population on us. I think it's funny that these Hispanics groups love equating Hispanic and illegal in the same sentence. Sorry but, illegal is illegal

Obama is not a real black man. You're Mexican you should know this. He's MULATTO Cain is actually black

Old 07-12-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

But yet the deployment of the Mexican Army along the Guatemalan border is ok right? What about Mexico's notoriously harsh immigration laws? They ok too? Looks like everything is good and fun to you, but when the Americans do it then it suddenly becomes wrong (but only for us evil Americans).
I don't see US doing anything different. We have our troops there too. Yes, I am American...

Obama Authorizes Deployment of National Guard Along Southwest Border - ABC News

Mexico also legalizes immigrants that have children born on U.S. soil. Its also relaxing some of its laws. Providing free education, ER health care, etc.

My concern on this thread is a politician or want to be politician that is ok with electric wire fences and alligators. Are you okay with that?

Old 07-12-2011, 10:29 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,685,970 times
He did have a solution

Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,128,633 times
Quote:
I don't see US doing anything different. We have our troops there too. Yes, I am American...

Obama Authorizes Deployment of National Guard Along Southwest Border - ABC News

Mexico also legalizes immigrants that have children born on U.S. soil. Its also relaxing some of its laws. Providing free education, ER health care, etc.

My concern on this thread is a politician or want to be politician that is ok with electric wire fences and alligators. Are you okay with that?
They are unarmed and they don't do anything of value. It's just eye candy so politicians can say "look, look I put troops on the border ... now vote for me". The Mexican troops on the Guatemalan border are in full combat gear with loaded weapons. They also have armored vehicles, artillery, mortars, and the whole gamut of heavy weapons in support.

Am I ok with a moat filled with alligators? Nope, I would add land mines as well as the moat with alligators and then we would be fine.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Nope, I think it's practical. Mexico needs to fix its own problems instead of Los Zetas backed Calderón dumping his poor population on us. I think it's funny that these Hispanics groups love equating Hispanic and illegal in the same sentence. Sorry but, illegal is illegal

Obama is not a real black man. You're Mexican you should know this. He's MULATTO Cain is actually black
No, it's not practical. Its not a real solution to the problem. It's a bandaid. Most illegal immigrants today came in via plane, not by crossing the border.

Wow...on that last comment. You are aware that we Americans have the "one drop rule", right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration