Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 04:07 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,213,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Now who is grasping at straws? We cannot deport American citizens.
Of course we can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 04:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,481,596 times
I don't support any criteria for amnesty except for the one called "return to sender".

Old 07-14-2011, 04:11 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,232,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
How is it ludicrous? I did state that if they wanted amnesty they would have to pay the same fees as anyone else trying to immigrate, as well as a fine for entering illegally in the first place. These fees and fines would cover the costs of doing the background checks. Regarding the medical and mental evaluations, the potential immigrant must pay the fees required and be evaluated by a Civil Surgeon approved by the USCIS. This fee is seperate from the fees collected for immigration application. The applicant would also either provide proof of immunization or pay the costs to be immunized.

I don't find anything funny about the idea at all. But of course, I never laugh at anyone who honestly and sincerely tries to find a solution to a problem instead of bitching and complaining about it. I find intelligent discourse and mutual respect for ideas and opinions to be far more constructive than just trying to tear each other apart like ravaging beasts.
They apply for American citizenship just like the rest of the world.

Why is it illegal alien lovers always try and come up with another way to get illegal aliens into this country before law abiding foreign nationals who apply through official channels?

I'll buy into this pay and get in scheme OK?

The wannabe pays 10 million dollars as an application fee and another 10 million upon the issuance of citizenship...

That's fair, that will keep the trash from applying

Old 07-14-2011, 04:12 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Of course we can.
Run for office on that premise and see how far you get. I can only imagine how furious Mexican officials would be if we rounded up every high school drop out with five kids and no Spanish skills and sent them there.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:14 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,175,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Okay, I know that many are completely against any sort of amnesty for those who have entered our country illegally. I also strongly held this stance until recently, but have now reconsidered that stance to one which is a bit more willing to allow at least SOME to be given amnesty.

IF amnesty were to be offered, what criteria would you want to see met before it was granted?

For me, I would want these issues considered...

1. Has the applicant been a benefit to their community and neighborhood, instead of a detriment. Example...they take pride in where they live and strive to maintain a nice, healthy living environment which helps to improve instead of drop property values.

2. They have integrated with American society to a degree which enables and encourages communication with others outside of their ethnic background.

3. They have learned the basics of the American English language, maybe not fluently, but enough to communicate.

4. They have supported themselves and their family without the aid of welfare or any other benefits.

5. They have no criminal background, other than the fact that they entered the country illegally.

6. They do not have any infectious disease which could have an impact on Americans.

7. They are mentally and physically healthy enough to work for a living instead of resorting to welfare or benefits.

8. They are willing to pay the usual immigration fees, as well as a fine for entering illegally.

9. They have no gang affiliations, nor any ties to terrorists groups or political groups which seek to overthrow the American government.

10. They are not involved in any way with the trafficking of drugs.

These are just the main issues I would want to be considered if amnesty were to be offered.
As a member of america's traditional culture I have only one criteria........that they be legal immigrants.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:17 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,213,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Run for office on that premise and see how far you get. I can only imagine how furious Mexican officials would be if we rounded up every high school drop out with five kids and no Spanish skills and sent them there.
Who cares? We're not talking about political realities - if we were, I'd have just hopped on this board, laughed at the idea that the American public would be willing to pay for the nonsense you guys request once they saw the tab, and been on my way.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:18 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,494,540 times
Quote:
Now who is grasping at straws? We cannot deport American citizens. Someone here posted a link to a site denoting that Hispanics are the biggest users of welfare percentage wise, not white people.

I thought that you would understand without me saying it that not only would they have to be felony free but a benefit to our society (part of that would have to be that no American could fill the job they have taken either). My "what ifs" would include that also. I notice there are no pro-illegal takers in here willing to go along with my solution of keeping equal numbers of diverse groups that can meet the above criteria.
I'm aware that we can't deport Americans. I was just stating a fact that some Americans are as bad as those illegals who nurse the system. Will try to address this more later. Off to the docs to see if I've broken my collar bone. OUCH!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:20 PM

951 posts, read 746,771 times
Quote:
Now who is grasping at straws? We cannot deport American citizens. Someone here posted a link to a site denoting that Hispanics are the biggest users of welfare percentage wise, not white people.
Why exactly do you think this is the case?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:39 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,232,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Why exactly do you think this is the case?
We know but it wouldn't be fair to tell you, it's best you do that research on your own and draw your own conclusion/opinion

Old 07-14-2011, 04:55 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
I think we all know the popular definition of insanity. We are also all aware of the huge mistake made in 1986. To repeat it, would be beyond insane. Let them return home and apply through legal channels. Why on earth should we reward scofflaws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration