Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 02:16 AM

20 posts, read 11,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
His legal status, his right to be in this country certainly would factor into it. If the guy isn't legally in this country and he's booing the local team, they can deport him. Otherwise he's just a buffoon that gets to stay.
but if he cheers the home team he gets to stay? This is why I said his "status" doesn't factor into this so that I would save you from saying ridiculous things.

Quote:
That's true also of the many "patriotic" Mexicans who are here in this country legally instead of living in the country they pretend to be so proud of -- whether they are anchor babies born here, or legally immigrated, they can't be deported. But no one has to admire or respect their false patriotism to their country while they're rolling in the money and government programs of the USA.
lol rolling in money and "government programs of the USA" . You really have this strange picture of Hispanics or "Mexicans" that doesn't even come close to corresponding to reality. If the Mexicans are here legally though a work visa or what have you they can only get government programs like welfare, food stamps and whatever imaginary rolling in riches hand out you think they get only in very limited circumstances ( usually life threatening situations). Would you please try and at least stick close to reality instead of whatever make believe world you have invented?

I find it appalling that the US team ( as bad as it is) would be booed as well, by US citizens or US legal or illegal immigrants.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:44 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,685,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm sure most Mexicans wish their country was more successful and they didnt have to come to America to find work. They come here to work and earn a wage that most Americans wouldnt even get out of bed for, they are all treated as second class citizens,all viewed as illegal migrant workers whether illegal or not. and when they go to a soccer game in America where the opposition is a Mexican team Americans are wondering why they are cheering the Mexico team and booing American team.

Read this from a Mexicans point of view then you may get an idea from their perspective.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/illegal-immigration/1335163-should-us-deport-illegal-immigrants-do.html

This post made me chuckle.

So everyone who cannot make a living in their OWN country needs to come to the US.

Poor Mexicans. I want to know who has a gun to their heads forcing them to cross the border illegally everyday and earn this "wage that most Americans wouldn't even get out of bed for" while being treated as "second guess citizens".

Wah wah wah.

Point is, they don't assimilate. They still love their country. They want to live the good life here and I do not feel sorry for them for coming here ILLEGALLY AT THEIR OWN WILL.

My dad, who is from Brazil, had a handful of friends who were from that same country when he lived up here. He will be the first to tell you their hearts are still in Brazil but they LOVE taxpayers funded benefits because they don't get any of the crap down there..and they bad mouth Americans on a daily basis. I have witnessed such thing in the past and disgusted me. They think Americans are idiots but they love the free education their children get and all the "free" everything they can get off the government.

That is their extent of their "love" for this country.

I want to see what would happen if we were to cut ALL taxpayer funded benefits to illegal aliens and their illegal and US born children. We will see how much they "love" this country and want to stay here.....

Old 07-22-2011, 05:50 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,685,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakinupallnight View Post
but if he cheers the home team he gets to stay? This is why I said his "status" doesn't factor into this so that I would save you from saying ridiculous things.

lol rolling in money and "government programs of the USA" . You really have this strange picture of Hispanics or "Mexicans" that doesn't even come close to corresponding to reality. If the Mexicans are here legally though a work visa or what have you they can only get government programs like welfare, food stamps and whatever imaginary rolling in riches hand out you think they get only in very limited circumstances ( usually life threatening situations). Would you please try and at least stick close to reality instead of whatever make believe world you have invented?

I find it appalling that the US team ( as bad as it is) would be booed as well, by US citizens or US legal or illegal immigrants.
The day Mexicans/folks from Central and South America stop coming here illegally and living off the taxpayer funded benefits you mentioned, will be the day we will stop having "this strange picture of Latinos".

But we know that will never happen.

Oh and maybe you should do some research on the issue and you will find out 71% of illegal aliens DO use some form of Welfare and that most of those illegals are from Mexico.

Oh yeah, we are being so unfair to those "poor people" when we paint this (true) picture of them.

Yeah, right.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,020,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
His legal status, his right to be in this country certainly would factor into it. If the guy isn't legally in this country and he's booing the local team, they can deport him. Otherwise he's just a buffoon that gets to stay.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:50 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm sure most Mexicans wish their country was more successful and they didnt have to come to America to find work. They come here to work and earn a wage that most Americans wouldnt even get out of bed for, they are all treated as second class citizens,all viewed as illegal migrant workers whether illegal or not. and when they go to a soccer game in America where the opposition is a Mexican team Americans are wondering why they are cheering the Mexico team and booing American team.

Read this from a Mexicans point of view then you may get an idea from their perspective.

Should the US deport illegal immigrants and do more to prevent their arrival?
So if they are wishing their country of Mexico were more successful why don't they stay there and help make it so instead of jumping our borders illegally? How is it ever going to be a success if their ciitzens are too cowardly to fix it? This nonsense that there no jobs in Mexico or that they are all starving has already been debunked. Mexico has half the unemployment rate that we do. Breaking the law is never the answer to success in life.

Last edited by chicagonut; 07-22-2011 at 08:00 AM..

Old 07-22-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Reminds me of the delirious joyed expressed by conservatives when the United States lost the 2016 Olympic bid to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Why were conservatives to thrilled to see the U.S. lose out to Brazil? Well, the U.S. bid was Chicago, and the U.S. President -- naturally -- supported the bid by his hometown. But conservatives, so blinded by their hatred of the President, and by extension the city he was from, wanted him to fail, even if it meant the United States lost.

They got their wish.

And they cheered, rapturously.

Beck rejoices with "sweet" news that Chicago lost Olympic bid | Media Matters for America

Bill Bennett On Olympics In Chicago: "I'm Actually For Rio... In Chicago It's Fat People Eating" (VIDEO)

MSNBC airs footage of cheering at Americans for Prosperity meeting following Olympics announcement | Media Matters for America
The remarks about our president are off topic, however objecting to Obama's politics does not equate to hatred. I guess the liberal Democrats just hated Bush then, right?

Old 07-22-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
This post made me chuckle.

So everyone who cannot make a living in their OWN country needs to come to the US.

Poor Mexicans. I want to know who has a gun to their heads forcing them to cross the border illegally everyday and earn this "wage that most Americans wouldn't even get out of bed for" while being treated as "second guess citizens".

Wah wah wah.

Point is, they don't assimilate. They still love their country. They want to live the good life here and I do not feel sorry for them for coming here ILLEGALLY AT THEIR OWN WILL.

My dad, who is from Brazil, had a handful of friends who were from that same country when he lived up here. He will be the first to tell you their hearts are still in Brazil but they LOVE taxpayers funded benefits because they don't get any of the crap down there..and they bad mouth Americans on a daily basis. I have witnessed such thing in the past and disgusted me. They think Americans are idiots but they love the free education their children get and all the "free" everything they can get off the government.

That is their extent of their "love" for this country.

I want to see what would happen if we were to cut ALL taxpayer funded benefits to illegal aliens and their illegal and US born children. We will see how much they "love" this country and want to stay here.....
I have heard these same sentiments expressed many times over by those of Mexican roots (regardless of their status in this country) more times than I have heard them express loyalty and love for this country.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,380,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This nonsense that there no jobs in Mexico or that they are all starving has already been debunked. Mexico has half the unemployment rate that we do. Breaking the law is never the answer to success in life.
So why do you suppose these Mexicans go to all the trouble sometimes risking their lives to come to America to usually do some menial job all the time under the risk of deportation?..

Old 07-22-2011, 09:09 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,002,607 times
Mexican soccer fans are boorish animals. A first-hand account.

How about we deport this third-world sport out of our country right along with their third-world fans?

Is it Wrong for Mexican-Americans to Boo the American Soccer Team on U.S. Soil?
It’s also pretty evident that the U.S. is a better all-around country than Mexico otherwise so many of their citizens wouldn’t have to come here to live. If they need a victory in a soccer game to give them some sort of pride, that’s fine — they don’t have a whole lot about which they can brag.

But where it’s crossing the line is when you boo the opposing team. Even if it is only sports, it sends a much larger message about the feelings of the people that booed the U.S. team: We may live here, but we’re not happy here and this is how we’re sending our message. Cheer on your country’s team, but don’t boo the team of the country in which you live. If you dislike America or its teams that much, don’t live here. And if you want changes, booing a non-partisan soccer team will do little to improve your plight.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:16 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,212,492 times
lol WTF with everyone taking it so personally.

IT IS SPORTS

Teams get booed all the time, it's not always some kind of political message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration