Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 05:43 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,499,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I never said that so don't miquote me! Mexico's problems are not our problems. We have enough problems of our own to deal with.
We were on the topic of Mexicans coming here for the jobs Heres your reply
And sorry if i mis understood it
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut
This nonsense that there no jobs in Mexico or that they are all starving has already been debunked. Mexico has half the unemployment rate that we do. Breaking the law is never the answer to success in life.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:55 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,693,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
It does not matter whether Mexico is a horrible place or paradise... That does not give Mexicans an excuse to come here ILLEGALLY.

Africa as a continent is extremely poor and that does not give those who live there an excuse to come here illegally.

That goes for other parts of the planet as well.

Just let it go.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:59 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,351,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Yes, and from that post of mine you twisted it as if I said Mexico has NO problems and I never said that. Irregardless, Mexicans nor any other illegal aliens have a right to come here without authorization and work or reside here illegally. They are their homeland's problems, not ours.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:00 AM

33 posts, read 68,017 times
I'm sorry guys this is ridiculous. The Mexican fans feel more Mexican than American so they will root for the nation they identify themselves with. Booing is a part of sports and there's no problem with the Mexicans booing the American squad. It doesn't necessarily mean they hate the American nation. In fact, they probably like the USA.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapmadgig View Post
I'm sorry guys this is ridiculous. The Mexican fans feel more Mexican than American so they will root for the nation they identify themselves with. Booing is a part of sports and there's no problem with the Mexicans booing the American squad. It doesn't necessarily mean they hate the American nation. In fact, they probably like the USA.
BUt booing our National Anthem? You think that is okay?

F this.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:35 AM

951 posts, read 747,757 times
No one booed the anthem ffs. Make up more please.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
No one booed the anthem ffs. Make up more please.
Oh, my bad..
"Until, that is, a group of foreign nationals who presumably live in this country boo the U.S. team, disrespect the national anthem, and wave the flag of the nation they left behind. Then we care a whole lot."

So you are somewhat correct.

With that in mind...

I am a Hockey fan and I was glued to the TV this past season when the Bruins were playing in Canada.

Whenever the singer was done singing the "Star Spangled Banner", the Canadians would clap and cheer.

It is amazing that we get more respect in Canada that we get in own OWN country....and by people who don't even belong here but happen to love our handouts!

Old 07-23-2011, 09:17 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,878,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crapmadgig View Post
No one minds the true patriotic Mexican who loves his country and actually wants to live in it, work to make it a better country.

It's those buffoons who carry on as though they love their country until the ICE vans show up and then they start screaming like little girls how horrible their country is for them.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:31 AM

288 posts, read 353,202 times
I'm not really surprised by this. It is actually not uncommon for people to gain a boost of patriotism towards their home country after leaving it. This is especially true for the third world countries. Being an immigrant myself I have seen this many times on all kinds of immigrant message boards, people from Russia and Ukraine will bash America at every opportunity they'll get, they'll be happy to every country's misfortune from 9/11 to Katrina, never miss a chance to complain about how stupid the native population is, and in sports they will always root for the teams of their native countries, and that means booing American anthem, insulting the opposing players and fans, etc. I have witnessed all of that during Russia-Canada hockey game during last year's Winter Olympics. Not sure why Mexicans would be different.

"You guys sure seem to love Nicaragua except for the part where you risked your lives not to live there any more." (c) Jerry Ferro

Old 07-23-2011, 09:34 AM

288 posts, read 353,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Whenever the singer was done singing the "Star Spangled Banner", the Canadians would clap and cheer.
It could also be because Bruins had more Canadian players than Canucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.