Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 10:57 AM

19,591 posts, read 9,591,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah maybe they actually understand the game and were booing the bad performance kind of like how my team's relief pitcher gets booed every time he starts giving up saves. You guys are really letting you hatred show.
Didn't I also read that they were booing the US National anthem?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:15 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Yeah, of course that's not hatred, is it?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,682,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah, of course that's not hatred, is it?
If they want to boo the national anthem, they should go back to the country they came from.

They want American benefits but hate its people.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:32 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,809,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I haven't lived in NYC for years but I still cheer for the Yankees no matter where I'm living... should I move back to NYC?

I tell you what. All those Irish people or Brazillian people or whoever cheering for the corresponding team in the world cup... I think we should kick them all out of our local bars. Clearly they hate America and are going to start the revolution against us.

Who gives a crap who someone is cheering for in a soccer game. Booing the other side is what rowdy fans do. Sheesh.
How is a city even remotely the same as a country? Seems almost child-like to make such a basic comparison. You could go even further and boil it down to neighborhoods. These people (illegal immigrants) only see the United States as a hand out. They don't care about the language, the meaning of it, hold no allegience to it, but will gladly partake of the wealth with no skin in the game.

Entitlement has become a way of life for all too many people, immigrant and citizen alike.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:38 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,417,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Because our jobs pay more, that's why. Also they know if they can produce and anchor or two their incomes will be supplimented by welfare for them.
According to you Mexico has no problems at all, which still has me wondering why they go to great length to enter the US just to be working in fields all day or being some ones house slave..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut
This nonsense that there no jobs in Mexico or that they are all starving has already been debunked. Mexico has half the unemployment rate that we do. Breaking the law is never the answer to success in life.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:44 PM

327 posts, read 320,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
According to you Mexico has no problems at all, which still has me wondering why they go to great length to enter the US just to be working in fields all day or being some ones house slave..
Great blame americans!!!

Old 07-22-2011, 01:15 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,417,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
Great blame americans!!!
Just quoting what Chicagonut says is a Mexico with few problems.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Where did I say that Mexico has no problems at all? But we have our own problems which is a blosseming population much due to illegal immigration and a shortage of jobs and resources. I already answered your question. Did you miss it? I'll repeat it again for you. Our jobs pay more and if they produce and anchor or two they have hit the welfare jackpot.

Most illegals are not working in the fields all day. They are doing jobs that most Americans will do so you can set that argument to rest.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Just quoting what Chicagonut says is a Mexico with few problems.
I never said that so don't miquote me! Mexico's problems are not our problems. We have enough problems of our own to deal with.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:20 PM

951 posts, read 746,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
If you make up stuff when you read maybe. It said air horns were sounding and bouncy balls were bouncing. OMG.

Also, I thought this was something that happened at the U.S.-Japan game for some reason, mostly because i didn't even read the article until just now. It was a Mexico-U.S. game in S. California. How do you know which were people attending the game from Mexico and which were illegals? This is still about illegal immigration somehow right?

Also you guys conveniently forgot to ignore:

Quote:
Sanchez told Plaschke: "We're not booing the country, we're booing the team. There is a big difference."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration