Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:44 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,493,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
So if my grandfather has been a law breaker, let's say, a murderer... I shouldn't oppose murders because that would make me a hypocrite? Yeah, right....
Yep. You said it well. We aint guilty of the sins of our ancesters. Tho its high time to cut off birthright if BOTH parents are illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Lol, you are a hypocrite as well. Opposing things that you personally benefited from.
blacknite: sometimes things need to end. Like birthright. An in my case 3 of my 4 grands were BORN in the USA so fail.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Here is why she is a hypocrite. I believe she supports repealing birthright citizenship!
Not a hypocrit. If someone's great grandfather owned slaves does that mean he or she is required to belive in slavery?

Old 09-08-2011, 10:12 PM

Or -- maybe a better analogy, if you are here in the USA because your parents were brought in as slaves, does that mean you must support slavery?

Old 09-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Or -- maybe a better analogy, if you are here in the USA because your parents were brought in as slaves, does that mean you must support slavery?
You got it. Well said.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:17 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,051,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Bad analogy. Slaves wanted to free their children. Immigrants who normally work the toughest labor intense jobs for low pay want a better life for their children. Slaves->Freedom, Undocumented Workers->Better life

Old 09-09-2011, 12:35 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,051,783 times
Actually, I do not understand why so many of you stereotype children of illegals so much. Many of you state how their children learn to be law breakers and how afraid you are our country will become a culture of corruption like countries in Latin America. There is no proof of that. Here is Susana who is a grandchild of illegals and a law abiding citizen.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Actually, I do not understand why so many of you stereotype children of illegals so much. Many of you state how their children learn to be law breakers and how afraid you are our country will become a culture of corruption like countries in Latin America. There is no proof of that. Here is Susana who is a grandchild of illegals and a law abiding citizen.
That's pretty much our point, no one is saying to deport those illegals who came here to be amnestied in 1986, or their children. That's too far in the past to worry about any more and it's the 30 million who have arrived since that time that are a problem.

Those who want to come and work should be getting H2A visa sponsorship through their employers, that will decrease the likelihood of them ending up in a cartel burial pit and make their trip over much safer. Those who come to receive welfare handouts of any kind need to be tossed out.

I don't know why the open-borders crowd is so against the H2A visas as there are no caps on them, the only catch is that the employer must make some feeble attempt to offer the job to American citizens first and of course pay legal wages and benefits.

But also, I don't want to be judged by something some long ago relative did, just like I'm sure Romney doesn't want to be held accountable for his ancestors who were polygamists and left the USA for that reason.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:01 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times
Quote:
Children do learn from their parents, however. If their parents refuse to go back to their homelands until or if they are caught it sends a message to their kids that ignoring laws is ok just as long as you don't get caught. If they are using fake and/or stolen I.D.'s and working without authorization that also sends their kids a wrong message.

In the case of Susana she was raised by parents that didn't come here illegally even though by virtue of her grandparent's illegal entry they achieved citizenship in that manner. I am glad that you recognize her as a law abiding citizen and hope you aren't of the mindset that she is a "vendido" or "coconut" for fighting illegal immigration.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:07 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times
Quote:
Bad analogy. Slaves wanted to free their children. Immigrants who normally work the toughest labor intense jobs for low pay want a better life for their children. Slaves->Freedom, Undocumented Workers->Better life
So breaking laws and causing hardship on American citizens is ok just as long as one's own personal family has a better life? Those labor intensive jobs that 97% of illegals are doing have always been done by Americans for a fair wage until the arrival of millions of cheap, illegal workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration