Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 05:08 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Can you explain why you feel that the USA has an obligation to citizens of other countries?

Of course you can't.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:48 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,824 times
Quote:
Can you explain why you feel that the USA has an obligation to citizens of other countries?
Quote:
Of course you can't.
Because I don't believe the USA has an obligation to citizens of other countries.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:23 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Because I don't believe the USA has an obligation to citizens of other countries.
Great- that means you have no issues with border security or deportations.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:34 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,674 times
Quote:
Logic!

Does the U.S. have an obligation to it's own citizens? I assume you meant the government when you say "the U.S." or whatever. So why do you feel that you can prevent me from hiring anyone in the world that I want to hire via government force?

Old 09-16-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
"I don't have an obligation to Mr. X" is not the same as "I am justified in doing whatever I want to Mr. X."

Old 09-16-2011, 10:44 AM

403 posts, read 334,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikcortez View Post
whose we?

An whose hating?
they're both mine! Now get your grubby mitts off 'em!

Old 09-16-2011, 12:28 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What's especially bad is the blatant discrimination against American citizens.

Why should American citizens be ticketed for not having licenses and liability insurance when a bunch of criminals from other countries can decide to break the laws to come here and are not expected to drive with licenses and insurance? Why should Americans have to register vehicles and pay those big taxes when illegals aren't required to do so?

Illegals break any law that inconveniences them. You also don't see them paying child support, their children are instantly added to welfare rolls. The politicians obviously see an advantage in winning their votes by exempting them from as many laws as they can, including the law requiring drivers to have licenses and insurance.
Californians should stage a massive protest by refusing to buy car insurance. Then every single person arrested under the new law should claim to be an illegal.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What's especially bad is the blatant discrimination against American citizens.

Why should American citizens be ticketed for not having licenses and liability insurance when a bunch of criminals from other countries can decide to break the laws to come here and are not expected to drive with licenses and insurance? Why should Americans have to register vehicles and pay those big taxes when illegals aren't required to do so?

Illegals break any law that inconveniences them. You also don't see them paying child support, their children are instantly added to welfare rolls. The politicians obviously see an advantage in winning their votes by exempting them from as many laws as they can, including the law requiring drivers to have licenses and insurance.
Did you read the story linked in the OP? Please explain how it discriminates against citizens. The bill would prevent ANYONE from being arrested if their only offense is not having a license. It doesn't give special preference to illegals or anyone else.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:43 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
More on this below:

Otherwise ‘law-abiding illegal alien’ who is driving illegally to get to their illegal job…

There is no such thing as a ‘law-abiding– illegal alien’.
A law abiding illegal alien wouldn't even BE HERE!

You can't make this crazy crap up can you?!

Living in California feels like you're living inside an episode of "The Twilight Zone" I swear to G_d!!!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:09 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Did you read the story linked in the OP? Please explain how it discriminates against citizens. The bill would prevent ANYONE from being arrested if their only offense is not having a license. It doesn't give special preference to illegals or anyone else.
Because we have a license, and a way for them to track us down. Illegals will lie and get away with it. It's creating a special privilege for those that came here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.