Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Your success rate speaks for itself.

As for the rest of your post there is so much factually incorrect information it would be a waste of my time to respond.
Thats a low blow.........
having been through the sytem myself Ill state that it is anything but a walk in the park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 07:05 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,382,618 times
That may well be - but that still does not justify ignoring facts, twisting words and making things up.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:58 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,855,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Thats a low blow..........
No, I understand what it means to make a response like that...

BTW, El Grito de Independencia
to all my Mexican friends...

Old 09-16-2011, 08:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,475,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree. She should get no special treatment. Illegal is illegal? Wish you would heed your own words when it comes to Mexicans.

I have to say as sad as some of these situations are, fact is fact. Too many are here by chance, and not by law. Play the game of chance, guess what, sometime you lose!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
...I have an ex-stepson who thanks to his father is an American citizen by birth who grew up in Germany who wants to go to graduate school in the US. Problem is he never registered with the selective service and wants me to figure out if he is going to get arrested if he tries to enter the country...
I'll even throw you a bone: If your stepson is over the age of 26 he has nothing to worry about...

See, I'm helpful even outside the immigration law areas...

You're welcome...

Old 09-16-2011, 09:59 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But if I make the same comment I get a ¨roll-eyes¨...

This is an illegal immigration forum, primarily focused on its aspects in the United States. We have a forum member saying that German spouses of U.S. citizens are able to misrepresent their marriage to come to the United States, thus violating U.S. immigration law. Illegal is illegal, we need to set up checkpoints in areas where people look German, and open up investigations why government officials are not following the letter of the law.

Why isn´t there more outrage about this?...
Why be outraged? Didn't the article say the couple was now in Germany? Once an illegal is returned home, there's no real good reason to stay outraged at them.

In this case it seems the laws were applied, and the couple is grumbling, and it also seem they have a real marriage, not one just for the green card since the husband seems willing enough to be with her even if it means they aren't in the USA.

When the couple can ONLY be together if they are in the USA, that's a big red flag as real love can exist anywhere and the couple makes vows that say "for better for worse" and all that.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why be outraged? Didn't the article say the couple was now in Germany? Once an illegal is returned home, there's no real good reason to stay outraged at them.

In this case it seems the laws were applied, and the couple is grumbling, and it also seem they have a real marriage, not one just for the green card since the husband seems willing enough to be with her even if it means they aren't in the USA.

When the couple can ONLY be together if they are in the USA, that's a big red flag as real love can exist anywhere and the couple makes vows that say "for better for worse" and all that.
Read the comments on the Yahoo article, the vast majority think the couple did nothing wrong. I´m still wondering if you´ve ever been in a marriage, your definitions of what makes it legitimate are often convoluted. The couple did give away the secrets of the misrepped visa scam (better than your ¨Portal¨, as there is no money involved, or pesky health screenings), so it is going to be hard for me to believe some European spouses have come legally now.

No one here wants to field why a Customs officer would let a person with an invalid, fraudulently obtained, visa into the United States? They even readmitted her a second time, when they knew she was in violation of immigration law. You guys act like you can drive a truck through the Mexican border, but you could fly a plane through the East Coast Port of Entries.

Personally I´m going to blame Obama for it, and I won´t even call him ¨President¨...

Old 09-17-2011, 05:18 AM

And there you have it. How did she pass through not once but twice? before being naturalized my wife had to show her green card. On her first trip through had to show her paper work.
And we wonder how 911 happened.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:25 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,382,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And there you have it. How did she pass through not once but twice? before being naturalized my wife had to show her green card. On her first trip through had to show her paper work.
And we wonder how 911 happened.
tinman your wife is from Thailand. The woman in question from the article is from Germany. And before anyone gets outraged over the different treatment, know that it is based on reciprocity as well as recommendations by the state department.

The US grants certain countries a streamlined entry through the visa waiver program.
Visa Waiver Program (VWP)
Germany has been on the list for a long time. For a while when I was living in Europe the US required French citizens to have a visa to enter, France responded by requiring US citizens to have a visa to enter their country. It made for complications for my European business travel.

So show a German passport, all you need is the I-94W and you're in. Thai citizens need a visa. Mexican citizens need a visa. The I-94W is NOT a visa - it waives the visa requirement and gets you in for 90 days, period.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
tinman your wife is from Thailand. The woman in question from the article is from Germany. And before anyone gets outraged over the different treatment, know that it is based on reciprocity as well as recommendations by the state department.

The US grants certain countries a streamlined entry through the visa waiver program.
Visa Waiver Program (VWP)
Germany has been on the list for a long time. For a while when I was living in Europe the US required French citizens to have a visa to enter, France responded by requiring US citizens to have a visa to enter their country. It made for complications for my European business travel.

So show a German passport, all you need is the I-94W and you're in. Thai citizens need a visa. Mexican citizens need a visa. The I-94W is NOT a visa - it waives the visa requirement and gets you in for 90 days, period.
No debating that issue. Whats debatable is after she pooped for an overstay why wasn't she redflagged?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration