Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:15 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,214,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
A criminal is a criminal, and I feel no mercy for them, be they blue collar, Bonnie and clyde, or white collar. The quoted state his business model as an excuse. It isn't. That corp I mentioned near me with 800 illegals in a 3,200 employee workforce competes with US based corps with NO illegals. Might want to ask why the one obeying the law is so much smarter than you, that they can obey laws and profit, but you can't.
A criminal is a criminal? Pot smoking dude vs. murderer. One equals the other, riiiiight?

Sometimes I feel like this forum consists entirely of people who play McGruff the Crime Dog at elementary schools in their spare time.

Last edited by Rockmadinejad; 09-25-2011 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: Edit: thankfully I caught your post and quoted it before you felt the urge to underline and bold your favorite lines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 09:25 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,024,329 times
Rock, duh, a criminal is a criminal, penalties vary, as they should. But a pot smoker, a murderer, and employer hiring illegals are all criminals.

The astounishing thing is folks like YOU wink and NOD at the quoteds' criminal behavior. Why?

New flash: Most employers hiring illegals knowingly do it, either by comission or omission. Its done to save money, not usually by sheer accident. If not, 800 accidents from 3,200 hires sure seems like a corp whose product quality I'd not trust,as how shoddy can one be!

Old 09-25-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Rock, duh, a criminal is a criminal, penalties vary, as they should. But a pot smoker, a murderer, and employer hirting illegals are all criminals.
And two of them aren't hurting society and don't deserve to be. Laws are whatever the government makes them. Try not to obey so hard that you forget that actual ethics exist.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:31 PM

The employer hurts society, and is unethical. He should be PUNISHED to the full extent of the law. Someone will both grow the food, and employ folks within the boundaries of the law. If he can't, Boo Hoo. I'll still get my food. His income is no concern of mine.

We are a nation of laws, and I obey 100% of them. If I dislike one, I'll contact the appropriate parties to try to get it changed, but I will obey it while it exists, and want those who do not PUNISHED.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
The employer hurts society, and is unethical.
How does that employer hurt society? No legal workers available, he says - take him at his word just for a second. Clearly he has two options - lose business, or hire illegals. One of those is CLEARLY better for society than the other, but I bet you're about to say the wrong one.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:38 PM

"take him at his word just for a second"

Knowing farmers who obey the law 365 days a year means ZERO tolerence for those who make his claim. He just wants to make more profit, and I would nEVER aid him if his method is illegal.

If he loses business, others gain it, and society does not lose squat. THose others will hire legal workers. The part in bold is what you are ignoring, society gains squat by his exploitation, since food consumption will stay neutral, food production will stay neutral. His business loss = someone elses business gain.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
If he loses business, others gain it, and society does not lose squat.
lol no

Old 09-25-2011, 09:43 PM

Wrong, rock, the grocers and distribs want X pounds of food. Someone will supply it. Its a demand-driven equation. Food is not a luxury.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Wrong, rock, the grocers and distribs want X pounds of food. Someone will supply it. Its a demand-driven equation. Food is not a luxury.
I always make the mistake of trying to get into even rudimentary economics with people on this board who wouldn't know how to hold a supply and demand graph when it was handed to them. Here we go again, I suppose.

Grocers and distributors don't simply want X pounds of food. They want it at price Y, and if it goes above price Y, they want it less and less. When laborers will not work for certain wages, farmers have to offer higher wages. This, in turn, leads to higher prices, lower demand, and so forth.

But again, I sense that by even attempting the first week of a macroeconomics class I have made an error.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:22 PM

Food sells at market prices, rock. Price increases are passed on.

Food inflation has exceeded national for months on end, with diesel being one driver.

If it were a luxury item, you would be correct. When people need not eat, you'd be right.

Why is it 95% of farmers can obey the law, and this clown is one of the other 5%? Maybe they can teach him how to be an effective manager. He needs help. He is inept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration