Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 04:11 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,008 times

Advertisements

are the true problem, and the other threads here focused on the immigrant are STUPID. Deal with the root cause, shown in this title, as harshly as you would want a serial killer dealt with, and the problem solves itself. Deal with the immigrant, and no amount of fencing will help. We have been there, done it, and failed.

I'd like employer 3 strikes and you are not a corp anymore (state grants titles of incorporation), no more limited liability, so put your homes execs on the line with each deal, and the officers should not be allowed to ever be officers in the future anywhere for their entire lives (Like sex offenders list, have list for them, and hiring one = you cannot incorporate), severely cutting their lifetime earning capability.

We treat employers today with a slap on the wrist, repeat offending today is profitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 04:22 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
are the true problem, and the other threads here focused on the immigrant are STUPID. Deal with the root cause, shown in this title, as harshly as you would want a serial killer dealt with, and the problem solves itself. Deal with the immigrant, and no amount of fencing will help. We have been there, done it, and failed.

I'd like employer 3 strikes and you are not a corp anymore (state grants titles of incorporation), no more limited liability, so put your homes execs on the line with each deal, and the officers should not be allowed to ever be officers in the future anywhere for their entire lives (Like sex offenders list, have list for them, and hiring one = you cannot incorporate), severely cutting their lifetime earning capability.

We treat employers today with a slap on the wrist, repeat offending today is profitable.
Again, here is where you go wrong. We focus on both the employers and the illegals (not immigrants as you posted). They are both guilty.

No, we don't treat employers today with a slap on the wrist. Many in fact have been convicted and fined. The problem is proving that they "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. Many illegals provide some pretty authentic looking "fake" documents and if the employer isn't using e-verify there is no way of telling. Sure, some employers do know and hire them anyway but again it is about proving that they "knowingly" did it. That is why most of us in here are for e-verify and that way they will have no excuse but as I said under another topic guess who the biggest objecters are of e-verify......the pro-illegals.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:30 PM

LOL, fined, and repeat offenders (employers) are laughing at you. Repeat means profit gained via illegals less fine paid left profits. If they hire many times, we need not waste time proving they knew. Fry them, as others did NOT hire illegals again and again.

Do you think as my example related a 3,200 employee facility has 800 accidental illegal hirings?

Old 09-25-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
LOL, fined, and repeat offenders (employers) are laughing at you. Repeat means profit gained via illegals less fine paid left profits.

Do you think as my example related a 3,200 has 800 accidental illegal hirings?
As I said under that other topic. E-verify must be implemented in every workplace. If an employer has more than one offense "after" the implementation of that law they should go to prison and lose their business. But again, guess who are the biggest objecters to e-verify are.....the pro-illegals.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:37 PM

I'd love to see em jailed. Root cause time. If we cut off employment opps, they will not come illegally. They are not here for the weather.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:29 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,080 times
Quote:
I'd love to see em jailed. Root cause time. If we cut off employment opps, they will not come illegally. They are not here for the weather.
I agree 100%. Weren't they trying to make E-Verify
a national law ??????l

Old 09-25-2011, 06:48 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
Quote:
That is true. I remember in one of the debates a candidate said we can build a fence, they will just climb it. What we need to do is turn off the magnet.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
That is true. I remember in one of the debates a candidate said we can build a fence, they will just climb it. What we need to do is turn off the magnet.
We need both. Terrorists and criminals don't care about jobs and benefits. The double layered fence with a road in between will deter most anyone and assist the BP to do their jobs more effectively.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:06 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,452,480 times
Apparently some businesses are reluctant to use E-Verify. They cite two main reasons for their non-participation: (1) administrative burden; and (2) a shortage of available legal workers.

"The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which runs E-Verify, acknowledges that simply preparing to use E-Verify requires between a few days to several months, depending on a business’s size and processes. Human resources staff must devote time to enrolling in the program, and learning how to use it (via DHS manuals or online tutorials). Conducting the verification process and addressing issues that arise if E-Verify finds an individual ineligible to work requires time and resources."

"The lack of an available and willing legal workforce is another justification companies put forth for not using E-Verify. As an agricultural employer told The Fresno Bee, “[E-Verify] may work for Costco, but Costco doesn't have the problem I have,” i.e., a legal workforce shortage.

The United Farm Workers of America, a large agricultural workers union, recently ran a campaign called “Take Our Jobs” that challenged individuals with legal U.S. work status to take illegal immigrants’ positions working in the fields. As noted by The Hill, only seven individuals accepted the challenge, the most notable being Stephen Colbert of Comedy Central’s “The Colbert Report”!"

Old 09-25-2011, 08:10 PM

"The lack of an available and willing legal workforce is another justification companies put forth for not using E-Verify. As an agricultural employer told The Fresno Bee, “[E-Verify] may work for Costco, but Costco doesn't have the problem I have,” i.e., a legal workforce shortage"

Translation: As an employer, I want to break the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration