Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:09 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,878,744 times

Advertisements

L.A. arson probe: Police examine immigration link to case - latimes.com

Looks like the recently detained arson suspect in Los Angeles is a German National with an immigration issue.

This person's legal status isn't clear yet, nor his dispute with immigration.

I'm posting it here to bring up a point on WHY it is neccesary to have documentation on ALL foreign nationals here.

And that is to have them in the system so they can be tracked if needed.

This story is still unfolding, but with this guy linked to 35 + or minus fires and millions in damages and countless people that could have been hurt it becomes clear why people coming here need to have some kind of record to refer back to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 08:20 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,343,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
L.A. arson probe: Police examine immigration link to case - latimes.com

Looks like the recently detained arson suspect in Los Angeles is a German National with an immigration issue.

This person's legal status isn't clear yet, nor his dispute with immigration.

I'm posting it here to bring up a point on WHY it is neccesary to have documentation on ALL foreign nationals here.

And that is to have them in the system so they can be tracked if needed.

This story is still unfolding, but with this guy linked to 35 + or minus fires and millions in damages and countless people that could have been hurt it becomes clear why people coming here need to have some kind of record to refer back to.
Rumor has it that it was his mother that was going to be deported. But as you said, the story is still unfolding.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,942,494 times
Treat the bum like any other troublemaker who isn't a US citizen; deport him if he's the arsonist.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:49 AM

From the article:

"The man appears to have been battling the U.S. government over the immigration status of a relative, but the officials said they don't know if this played any role in the case. The Los Angeles Police Department is in communication with federal immigration officials concerning the dispute, the law enforcement sources said".

As I said, I heard that his mother was going to be deported and that is probably the relative they are speaking of.

What a tragedy if that was the reason he did this. Why take his situation out on innocent Americans? We have immigration laws and must be adhered to by all nationalities.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 PM

313 posts, read 330,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
From the article:

"The man appears to have been battling the U.S. government over the immigration status of a relative, but the officials said they don't know if this played any role in the case. The Los Angeles Police Department is in communication with federal immigration officials concerning the dispute, the law enforcement sources said".

As I said, I heard that his mother was going to be deported and that is probably the relative they are speaking of.

What a tragedy if that was the reason he did this. Why take his situation out on innocent Americans? We have immigration laws and must be adhered to by all nationalities.
Maybe they should just throw im in jail and leave his relative alone.
Germans are hardworkers and bring good things to America.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:05 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,689,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
Maybe they should just throw im in jail and leave his relative alone.
Germans are hardworkers and bring good things to America.

No. If his relative is here illegally, she needs to be deported. I do not care if they are from France, Germany... I do not give a d*mn.

If he is here illegally send him packing too.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
No. If his relative is here illegally, she needs to be deported. I do not care if they are from France, Germany... I do not give a d*mn.

So being a hard worker is reason to give immigration lawbreakers a pass according to the pro-illegals? I am sure this German's mother is up in age so she probably wouldn't work anyway. We have enough legal Germans that come here. We don't need the illegal kind also. I agree, I don't care what nationality an illegal is....get out and go home!

Old 01-03-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

That's your opinion obviously. How about we trade a hardworking productive German for a lazy German American?

I love my country and to the health of this country is to provide a way towards
citizenship to those who are productive. That's what makes it's gears work.

The more productive hardworking people the better.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:03 PM

50,532 posts, read 47,308,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
That's your opinion obviously. How about we trade a hardworking productive German for a lazy German American?

I love my country and to the health of this country is to provide a way towards
citizenship to those who are productive. That's what makes it's gears work.

The more productive hardworking people the better.
Usually "productive" people figure out fast how to do it by the book. How many "productive" people are using phony IDs? That is not a plus unless you are one of the losers hiring them.

No free passes for Anglos or Germans!!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Usually "productive" people figure out fast how to do it by the book. How many "productive" people are using phony IDs? That is not a plus unless you are one of the losers hiring them.

No free passes for Anglos or Germans!!
Once there is no fear of being deported the illegals can come out and should be given an option to do things properly as well as paying a fine and back taxes without having to return to their countries of origin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration