Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:03 AM

799 posts, read 2,171,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
You know the same people on here who are supportive of the illegals probably are the same ones who can afford for now to still be separated from this issue. The same ones who vacation in the Mexican resorts and think "wow what a pretty country" when theyve only seen 2 square miles of it. They can afford health insurance, live in an upscale area, and live on cloud nine while the nation goes takes the fast train to extinction. Dont worry, if it hasnt affected you yet it will come.

But hey its been a great 200 and some odd years as America.
They think it's all nothing, as they live in their gated communities. They like the idea of the maid, the gardener, and others who work for them being low priced help.
They are willing to trade the future of this nation for money.
So many died, so this nation could be free. Now this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 08:45 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,657,325 times
Sounds like your father needs a regular doctor. In Texas there is a community clinic system throughout the State, and should be a number of them to choose from in the Dallas area. They are sliding scale, and he can be assigned a doctor. Alot of these clinics have their own pharmacies and he can get the meds he needs at nominal cost. Hope you can find him the help he needs.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 AM

17 posts, read 38,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
You know the same people on here who are supportive of the illegals probably are the same ones who can afford for now to still be separated from this issue.
I never said I supported breaking the law, but I feel for those who have to risk their lives and leave loved ones behind to come to America for a better life. I have visited Tijuana on many occasions, it's a city of over 1 million people, twenty minutes from Downtown San Diego. Many people live in shacks, basically made out of airplane hangar, there's numerous prostitutes, girls as young as 13, many who are the children kidnapped off the streets of Tijuana for the sex trade. There's orphanages, because there's orphans everywhere you go, and people scrape by financially, the city is dirt poor. Many poor families hang out in the city waste all day, looking for scraps of food to feed their family. You could go to the worst project in America, and it make itself to be Beverly Hills in comparision to Tijuana, and that's real. I don't support breaking the law, and I also don't support ignorance. I have compassion for illegal immigrants, because I know this goes on in all parts of Latin America, and people are simply looking for a better life, nothing more.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:38 AM

17 posts, read 38,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
illegals do not pay taxes...unless they are paying them on a false security number...which, i may remind you, is social security fraud
Every paycheck in America has an income tax on it, both federal and state, and to mention a social security tax, so most illegal immigrants do pay taxes. If you want to tell me again how they DO NOT pay taxes, please counter my argument. It has nothing to do with a false or real security number, taxes will be taken out of a paycheck NO MATTER what, unless an employer is breaking the law, not an employee. So if an illegal immigrant doesn't want to be paid their paycheck for his/her week's work, I guess they could reject the paycheck, thus not be paying taxes. But, who would do that.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:09 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,485,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Sounds like your father needs a regular doctor. In Texas there is a community clinic system throughout the State, and should be a number of them to choose from in the Dallas area. They are sliding scale, and he can be assigned a doctor. Alot of these clinics have their own pharmacies and he can get the meds he needs at nominal cost. Hope you can find him the help he needs.
Here is a link to the homepage for the Texas Community Health Care Centers.

http://www.tachc.org/

Care is either free (if you are an illegal alien) or fees are based on a sliding scale. It looks like there are 2 clinics in Dallas, the MLK clinic may be a good site.
Was your dad in the service? He would be eligible for care at the VA if he was.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,485,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TijuanaGringo View Post
I never said I supported breaking the law, but I feel for those who have to risk their lives and leave loved ones behind to come to America for a better life. I have visited Tijuana on many occasions, it's a city of over 1 million people, twenty minutes from Downtown San Diego. Many people live in shacks, basically made out of airplane hangar, there's numerous prostitutes, girls as young as 13, many who are the children kidnapped off the streets of Tijuana for the sex trade. There's orphanages, because there's orphans everywhere you go, and people scrape by financially, the city is dirt poor. Many poor families hang out in the city waste all day, looking for scraps of food to feed their family.
Clearly, this is a problem the government of Mexico needs to address. Mexico has the 15th highest GDP in the world, yet is ranked at #88 in GDP/capita. This extreme income disparity and wealth distribution is an issue that Mexico, and only Mexico, can and must resolve.
When the US gubmint permits Mexico to export it's impoverished residents to us to, we are doing nothing more than serving as an enabler of the staus quo.

Quote:
You could go to the worst project in America, and it make itself to be Beverly Hills in comparision to Tijuana, and that's real. I don't support breaking the law, and I also don't support ignorance. I have compassion for illegal immigrants, because I know this goes on in all parts of Latin America, and people are simply looking for a better life, nothing more.
Their 'better life' is achieved at the expense of American citizens who have family trees going back to the early years of this country, American citizens whose loved ones have fought and died in defense of this country. This is a big win for the illegal aliens and big burden for the average American, IMO.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:29 AM

273 posts, read 250,043 times
I just told my 14 yr old neighbor he is not needed to mow my lawn anymore. I cannot, in good faith, give money to someone who's parents are knowingly breaking our laws.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:05 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,657,325 times
Thanks, andreabeth. I never know if we are allowed to put up those types of websites or not....

Old 09-01-2007, 08:37 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,474,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
The town I grew up in, which has a very high (illegal) Mexican population, used to have 2 hospitals. Both went out of business. Gee, I wonder why???
Now that cannot be true.
They pay their own way and are not a burden to U.S. citizens. Don't cha know!
Ha!
They pay taxes too! Not.........

Old 09-01-2007, 08:43 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,474,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TijuanaGringo View Post
I never said I supported breaking the law, but I feel for those who have to risk their lives and leave loved ones behind to come to America for a better life. I have visited Tijuana on many occasions, it's a city of over 1 million people, twenty minutes from Downtown San Diego. Many people live in shacks, basically made out of airplane hangar, there's numerous prostitutes, girls as young as 13, many who are the children kidnapped off the streets of Tijuana for the sex trade. There's orphanages, because there's orphans everywhere you go, and people scrape by financially, the city is dirt poor. Many poor families hang out in the city waste all day, looking for scraps of food to feed their family. You could go to the worst project in America, and it make itself to be Beverly Hills in comparision to Tijuana, and that's real. I don't support breaking the law, and I also don't support ignorance. I have compassion for illegal immigrants, because I know this goes on in all parts of Latin America, and people are simply looking for a better life, nothing more.
It is the Mexican Presidents fault. Not ours....
No one I don't believe in other countries care about our poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration