Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 03:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So your answer for troubled teens is... have the US government ship them to a foreign nation without parental knowledge. Awesome. I think this pretty much speaks for itself.
What makes you think she was troubled? She may have been on the wild side or she wanted to go to Colombia -- but she may not be all that troubled.

Or how about kids who are here illegally from other countries - are they also troubled?

Old 01-08-2012, 03:28 PM

Apparently this was posted just in October on her facebook page:

"familia, me happy 4 once in the mountains."

She obviously knew a word of Spanish and was happy for once? Does that mean she was happy for the first time in her life?

Old 01-08-2012, 04:13 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,342 times
Quote:
You may also send me $1,000. Make sure you send it directly to the Nigerian head of state.
If you can't understand the facts of the case, then you can send me the $1000 to tell you again what the facts are.

I'll do it pro-bono

1) she ran away
2) she had a job in Houston at a night club (must be at least 18 or 21 to do so) so she must have had a phony ID that she purchased along with a phony SS card with matching name (I-9 requirements of the employer and all)
3) she is arrested for shoplifting (ID and fingerprints are ran - nothing in the system to invalidate her claim of being who she claims)
4) she claims she is a Colombian woman that is 21 (Houston trial lawyer and Judge both agree she is who she is claiming to be)
5) Houston places her on ICE detainer after 6 weeks in jail
6) ICE runs checks - nothing comes back to invalidate her claim
7) IJ finds she is deportable based on her own admissions
8) Colombian Consulate interviews her - grants her temp visa
9) once in Colombia she is given work documents
10) she admits on Facebook to be loving it their in the mountains
11) after work she admits to smoking pot with others on facebook
12) she gets pregnant
13) she goes by other assumed names on-line
14) Grandma finds her in facebook and gets Houston police and Colombian police to track her down
15) she is brought back to the US

So tell me again who's fault it is?

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 01-08-2012 at 04:29 PM..

Old 01-08-2012, 04:30 PM

And the only complaint she seemed to express while posting on facebook while in Colombia was that she was bored. She's just a typical 15 year old -- everything is boring, even being deported to Colombia was really just boring, nothing more or less, nothing worse.

I think next time she should do like Dorothy and run away to the Land of Oz.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:28 PM

387 posts, read 337,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
If you can't understand the facts of the case, then you can send me the $1000 to tell you again what the facts are.

I'll do it pro-bono

1) she ran away
2) she had a job in Houston at a night club (must be at least 18 or 21 to do so) so she must have had a phony ID that she purchased along with a phony SS card with matching name (I-9 requirements of the employer and all)
3) she is arrested for shoplifting (ID and fingerprints are ran - nothing in the system to invalidate her claim of being who she claims)
4) she claims she is a Colombian woman that is 21 (Houston trial lawyer and Judge both agree she is who she is claiming to be)
12) she gets pregnant
14) Grandma finds her in facebook and gets Houston police and Colombian police to track her down

Stephen Yale-Loehr, who teaches immigration law at Cornell Law School, said hundreds of U.S. citizens are wrongfully detained or deported each year.

"There are a variety of legitimate reasons why somebody might not appear to be a U.S. citizen at first glance." he said. "It's the duty of the U.S. federal immigration agency to make sure that we do not detain and deport U.S. citizens erroneously. And this, unfortunately happened in this case."

I would also think the Houston Police had a missing persons report with a picture.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Stephen Yale-Loehr, who teaches immigration law at Cornell Law School, said hundreds of U.S. citizens are wrongfully detained or deported each year.

"There are a variety of legitimate reasons why somebody might not appear to be a U.S. citizen at first glance." he said. "It's the duty of the U.S. federal immigration agency to make sure that we do not detain and deport U.S. citizens erroneously. And this, unfortunately happened in this case."

I would also think the Houston Police had a missing persons report with a picture.
Who cares what he "says". Do I need to provide an immigration Law Professor that says the opposite? How about an Immigration Judge?

The Houston Police Department had her in jail for 6 weeks, if there was a missing persons report out there, don't you think they would have found it when they ran her photo and fingerprints through the system? Remember, this isn't at ICE or DHS yet, it's still in the local PD and it's system. 6 weeks is a long time for a positive match to be able to show up, and yet never did.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:14 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What makes you think she was troubled? She may have been on the wild side or she wanted to go to Colombia -- but she may not be all that troubled.

Or how about kids who are here illegally from other countries - are they also troubled?
Nice dodge. You advocate deporting legal children with no verification of identity and no contact with parents. There's really nothing more to add to that. It is an extremely disturbing position.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:18 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post

I'll do it pro-bono

1) she ran away
12) she gets pregnant

ICE's and all other adults involved. See, in real life, when we are talking about a 14 yo and adults who get paid to do a specific job, it's pretty obvious who failed, and it wasn't your typical immature, troubled young teen.

I'm still waiting for my money. Trust my word only. I am a Nigerian prince and just need $1,000. How can you claim I'm not being honest when you don't think it's necessary to verify my identity? You clearly think we should believe the word of teenagers, so why not a Nigerian prince?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:23 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
It's like a ruse - a show trial -giving the public the impression that there is law and order - YET millions of illegals are not bothered - It reminds me of sending a rich executive to jail for fraud...in the hope of making people believe that there is justice for all - rich and poor - meanwhile you jail one white collar crimminal and another 10 thousand go free...I believe that the deportion of this kid was similar to the jailing and holding of Omar Khdar...it's all about political show - apparently it back fire d this time.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
ICE's and all other adults involved. See, in real life, when we are talking about a 14 yo and adults who get paid to do a specific job, it's pretty obvious who failed, and it wasn't your typical immature, troubled young teen.

I'm still waiting for my money. Trust my word only. I am a Nigerian prince and just need $1,000. How can you claim I'm not being honest when you don't think it's necessary to verify my identity? You clearly think we should believe the word of teenagers, so why not a Nigerian prince?
Your a riot! You see in real life we go with the facts. In fact it was most definately the "troubled young teen" (what an excuse ). I'm a pro-bono lawyer, your a Nigerian Prince , do you really think a "lawyer" would fall to your scam? Really?!!?

HINT: Your analogy would work better had you chosen a different unknown scam. Whats that saying that fits here real well.... You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration