Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:12 PM

115 posts, read 336,174 times

Advertisements

Tancredo was my first choice. That man shoots from the hip. Very straightforward and honest

I WAS going to vote for him but sadly he is not getting enough visibility so I started researching Ron Paul and he and Tancredo REALLY REALLY REALLY need to run on the ticket together.

Paul/Tancredo.. now that is a Prez/VP I would be proud to support
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 09:10 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,472,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster View Post
Most Americans DO care about the immigration issues - they just don't agree with his radical solutions.

I would say the INVASION of our country is pretty radical! Making demands illegals have no right to, flying our flag up-side down, identify theft and nurmerous other problems they have caused are all pretty radical. It's time they go home and make their demands on their own leaders.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:19 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,731,003 times
I don't care what people say, but I really enjoyed the debate tonight. I really wish I could hear what Huckabee had to say about illegal immigration because he hit all the right notes for me on all the other issues.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
I don't care what people say, but I really enjoyed the debate tonight. I really wish I could hear what Huckabee had to say about illegal immigration because he hit all the right notes for me on all the other issues.

Huckabee promotes ‘open door’ policy at LULAC convention (broken link)

There you go.......

Old 09-05-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:

Huckabee promotes ‘open door’ policy at LULAC convention

There you go.......

Old 09-05-2007, 10:05 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,653,382 times
Tancredo doesn't even believe in evolution, though. You'd be better off finding a moderate who happens to be strong on illegal immigration, rather than a hard-right winger with a bunch of other unpalatable stances on unrelated issues.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:15 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,731,003 times
Thanks Citigirl. I hate LULAC with a passion and this is coming from someone with Latin blood. I've lived on the border for 25 years and seen what happens when you do not secure the border or fix the immigration crisis. The town is 96% Hispanic and the poorest town in America. I'm not going to get into it again, I'm too tired tonight, but I checked Huckabee's website and this is what his top issues are concerning immigration:

* My number one priority is to secure America's border.
* We have to know who is coming into our country, where they are going, and why they are here. We need a fence along our border with Mexico, electronic in some places, and more highly-trained border agents.
* Those who are caught trying to enter illegally must be detained, processed, and deported.
* Illegal immigrants already living among us who commit crimes must be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and incarcerated or deported.

Read more at: Mike Huckabee for President - Issues

I don't know the full story of him and LULAC, but his website shows that he is tough on immigration...

Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,500,862 times
Quote:
Seriously, with everyone so upset saying nothing can be done about the immigration problem, why don't you all vote for Tancredo? He's running on this very issue. Yet, his poll numbers dip deeper and deeper. So I guess most Americans DO NOT GIVE A D*MN about this issue.

I ask, how many of you here are going to vote for him? Probably not many. So why even bother posting message after message in this forum?
You can count on me voting for him if he is going to stop illegal immigration , Or at least try.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:11 AM

It's Tom Tancredo or Duncan Hunter for me.

This is a great quiz (http://www.speakout.com/VoteMatch/senate2006.asp?quiz=2008 - broken link) to see if the candidate you are interested in matches up with your views.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:29 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,688,505 times
Most wont vote for them. they will make the same mistake they have been making for years. Putting a high dollar spending, tinseltown loving, only out for themselves candidate in there. It is like we are programmed to believe that actually following the law is wrong and that bending the constitution is ok. We are not being PC. Well me for one, I am sick of the BS and PC crap. My vote will not be for a high proflie person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration