Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 09:38 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,875,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
And I will be sending my contribution, like I have, with many other hispanic causes, the radicals have made our pledge a fight, and little by little, the voice of the second largest (55 million) etnic group in the usa will be heard......
Yes it will be heard and then IGNORED like an irritating drip that comes and goes.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:20 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,207,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Yes it will be heard and then IGNORED like an irritating drip that comes and goes.
It was not heard too much in the 2010 mid-term elections.lol

Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 AM

488 posts, read 555,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Based on the links, is it not safe to claim that a good many do believe as Benicar and PurpleRain_1 show with their links?
You would judge an entire group of people based on five threads on an internet forum? Really? Would you have somebody judge the US based on a handful of threads from the city-data forums that were picked to cast this country in a negative light?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:15 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,926,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
You would judge an entire group of people based on five threads on an internet forum? Really? Would you have somebody judge the US based on a handful of threads from the city-data forums that were picked to cast this country in a negative light?
Well, Dream Act kids are ALL here illegally so yes, I look down on the whole lot.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:47 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,078,107 times
Quote:
Simply, wow. You are either trolling and showing ignorance to the comment or you really have no clue about comprehension. So, based on those 5 threads, and the persons in them, can we not deduce that there are a good many (not a majority or all, but some) that do feel the way described?

You're trolling the wrong person.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,580,010 times
Quote:
And I will be sending my contribution, like I have, with many other hispanic causes, the radicals have made our pledge a fight, and little by little, the voice of the second largest (55 million) etnic group in the usa will be heard......
Hispanics now total 55 million? Are you suggesting their numbers grew by 4.5 million since the last Census report? Wow! Considering the majority of the Hispanic growth during the last decade is the result of illegal immigration and the astronomical birth rate of Hispanic illegal aliens, I hardly think that is something to celebrate. But, whatever floats your boat.

Quote:
The Census Bureau put the Latino count at 50.5 million or 16.3 percent of the U.S. population.
U.S. Hispanic population tops 50 million | Reuters

Whatever their numbers, there are over 308 million people in this country. Do you actually believe 50 million, many whom have no legal right to be here, and therefore have no LEGAL voting rights, are actually considered a threat? Get real.

Your contributions would be better served by "pledging a fight" in Mexico, the home of a large percentage of your 50 million, and the place where they will be forced to return. Sorry, but here, you're contributing to a losing cause. But, if you want to continue to waste your money, so be it.

BTW, I know LOTS of Hispanics who do not support the DREAM Act or any illegal immigration cause. After all, few law-abiding citizens support rewarding criminals of ANY race or ethnicity.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:35 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,580,010 times
Quote:
This "entire group of people" are Dreamies. And, that is in fact their national internet forum. So, yes, I do judge them by the comments they post for the entire world to see. After all, THEY claim to represent the DREAM Act community. Those threads are tame compared to their comments before they tried to improve their image. Talk about vulgar and disgusting, replete with overt racism and anti-American sentiment.

Picked to cast a negative light? Would it be possible to link to threads that "cast a negative light" if none existed?

Old 02-14-2012, 11:02 AM

187 posts, read 182,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Hispanics now total 55 million? Are you suggesting their numbers grew by 4.5 million since the last Census report? Wow! Considering the majority of the Hispanic growth during the last decade is the result of illegal immigration and the astronomical birth rate of Hispanic illegal aliens, I hardly think that is something to celebrate. But, whatever floats your boat.

Whatever their numbers, there are over 308 million people in this country. Do you actually believe 50 million, many whom have no legal right to be here, and therefore have no LEGAL voting rights, are actually considered a threat? Get real.

Your contributions would be better served by "pledging a fight" in Mexico, the home of a large percentage of your 50 million, and the place where they will be forced to return. Sorry, but here, you're contributing to a losing cause. But, if you want to continue to waste your money, so be it.

BTW, I know LOTS of Hispanics who do not support the DREAM Act or any illegal immigration cause. After all, few law-abiding citizens support rewarding criminals of ANY race or ethnicity.

We are powerfull enough to again make Obama the winner....

Old 02-14-2012, 11:54 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,357,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

55 million? That's a frightening number considering Hispanics have the highest teen birthrate and the highest high school dropout rate in the nation.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:55 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,357,186 times
Quote:
We are powerfull enough to again make Obama the winner....
Why would you want to "again make Obama the winner"? What has he done to gain the support of Hispanics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration