Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 02:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetic3 View Post
Neither you nor I get a vote...and I doubt very much Hispanics care what we may think. The argument on their side deals with relatives, friends, neighbors, co-workers, co-religionists etc. The illegals are significantly integrated or assimilated into the Hispanic society.

Why on earth would I want to fight for the freedom of low socio-economic Mexicans in Mexico? I care about that as much as Eleanor does. The Mexicans have to deal with that one.

We compromise because we have no better option. The situation is structured as a long term standoff. If nothing is done it will simply continue. The number of children born here will continue to increase and the portion educated in the US will get bigger and bigger. The economy shows strongs signs of a recovery which will increase the pressures for more illegal immigration.

Get some level of fix in now or we will have 15 million in five years.
Illegals are assimilated into the illegal hispanic society and of course the anchor baby society, but they're not assimilated into the older hispanic society with long roots in the USA.

If someone's grandparents was born in the USA, that person does not have aunts or uncles or cousins in another country.

Did you ever hear of Cesar Chavez the leader of the UFW? Well he worked to stop illegal immigration as well as the UFW, they also worked to end the Bracero program. The older hispanics were smarter, they understood the real reason to bring in dirt cheap workers was to bring and keep wages for US citizens way down.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:54 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Neither you nor I get a vote...and I doubt very much Hispanics care what we may think. The argument on their side deals with relatives, friends, neighbors, co-workers, co-religionists etc. The illegals are significantly integrated or assimilated into the Hispanic society.

Why on earth would I want to fight for the freedom of low socio-economic Mexicans in Mexico? I care about that as much as Eleanor does. The Mexicans have to deal with that one.

We compromise because we have no better option. The situation is structured as a long term standoff. If nothing is done it will simply continue. The number of children born here will continue to increase and the portion educated in the US will get bigger and bigger. The economy shows strongs signs of a recovery which will increase the pressures for more illegal immigration.

Get some level of fix in now or we will have 15 million in five years.

Hey Olecapt,

The only thing most low socioeconomic Mexicans seem to think worth fighting for is the freedom to violate American immigration laws. Compromise means we won't declare war on Mexico. Compromise does not mean we let in every high school dropout with six kids from Mexico to appease the hispanic lobby.

We already have 15 milliion. We tell them to go home. We don't hand them in state tuition and $300 a month in free food just because they had a baby on American soil.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:57 PM

44 posts, read 43,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Illegals are assimilated into the illegal hispanic society and of course the anchor baby society, but they're not assimilated into the older hispanic society with long roots in the USA.

If someone's grandparents was born in the USA, that person does not have aunts or uncles or cousins in another country.

Did you ever hear of Cesar Chavez the leader of the UFW? Well he worked to stop illegal immigration as well as the UFW, they also worked to end the Bracero program. The older hispanics were smarter, they understood the real reason to bring in dirt cheap workers was to bring and keep wages for US citizens way down.
The US Hispanic population has doubled in the last 20 years. Even if shunned by the long timers they still are half integrated into the Hispanic population.

I would think a major reason why it has been allowed to continue so long was to defeat Chavez and friends.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
The US Hispanic population has doubled in the last 20 years. Even if shunned by the long timers they still are half integrated into the Hispanic population.

I would think a major reason why it has been allowed to continue so long was to defeat Chavez and friends.
It's to defeat ALL working American citizens. Replace the American people with much cheaper workers. Americans want to live too decently, Americans want to work so they can live better than 4 or 5 families in a one family dwelling, Americans don't want to be paid so little they sleep 14 men to a slum apartment floor.

Cesar Chavez and the UFW understood the real goal behind the bringing in of cheap third world labor. It's all about ultra cheap labor only this is even better because today the taxpayers are forced to subsidize it.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:17 PM

The "hispanics" of today are a new kind of hispanic which doesn't mind seeing their wages driven down, and instead their agenda is to have unlimited and extremely massive immigration from all hispanic nations. Jobs are no longer a real big concern because there are always the generous welfare programs and for some reason they aren't bright enough to realize there is a limit to how many can come here and be taken in and given the easy good life.

Cesar Chavez|Immigration News and Reviews

In 1969, Chávez and members of the UFW marched through the Imperial and Coachella Valleys to the border of Mexico to protest growers' use of undocumented immigrants as strikebreakers. Joining him on the march were both Reverend Ralph Abernathy and US Senator Walter Mondale.[10] In its early years, Chávez and the UFW went so far as to report undocumented immigrants who served as strikebreaking replacement workers, as well as those who refused to unionize, to the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

In 1973, the United Farm Workers set up a "wet line" along the United States-Mexico border to prevent Mexican immigrants from entering the United States illegally and potentially undermining the UFW's unionization efforts.[16] During one such event in which Chávez was not involved, some UFW members, under the guidance of Chávez's cousin Manuel, physically attacked the strikebreakers, after attempts to peacefully persuade them not to cross the border failed.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
I would think it is an ethnic thing. Like 90% of Blacks voted for Obama...and 80% of Catholics voted for Kennedy.

It is however a reality as is the strong Republican opposition to amnesty.

So if we can't find a compromise we will have to make do with the way things are.

Have you ever thought about some half way steps that might help? Say increasing the immingration forces to the point at which the total number of immigrants goes down every year? Probably need to almost double it. That might be a workable compromise particularly if combined with a DREAM act.

At least we could prevent things getting worse.
You're comparing apples to oranges again. Blacks voting for Obama or Catholics voting for Kennedy doesn't even remotely compare to Hispanic citizens advocating for ILLEGAL ALIENS just because they share the same ethnicity. Sorry, olecapt you are just spouting the same old nonsense again. Aren't you getting tired of getting banned over and over?

Old 02-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The "hispanics" of today are a new kind of hispanic which doesn't mind seeing their wages driven down, and instead their agenda is to have unlimited and extremely massive immigration from all hispanic nations. Jobs are no longer a real big concern because there are always the generous welfare programs and for some reason they aren't bright enough to realize there is a limit to how many can come here and be taken in and given the easy good life.

Cesar Chavez|Immigration News and Reviews

In 1969, Chávez and members of the UFW marched through the Imperial and Coachella Valleys to the border of Mexico to protest growers' use of undocumented immigrants as strikebreakers. Joining him on the march were both Reverend Ralph Abernathy and US Senator Walter Mondale.[10] In its early years, Chávez and the UFW went so far as to report undocumented immigrants who served as strikebreaking replacement workers, as well as those who refused to unionize, to the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

In 1973, the United Farm Workers set up a "wet line" along the United States-Mexico border to prevent Mexican immigrants from entering the United States illegally and potentially undermining the UFW's unionization efforts.[16] During one such event in which Chávez was not involved, some UFW members, under the guidance of Chávez's cousin Manuel, physically attacked the strikebreakers, after attempts to peacefully persuade them not to cross the border failed.
Are you really as dense as you appear Malamute? Yes Cesar Chavez was against illegal immigration as am I. What has that to do with the 11 million here and 5 more coming?

I could not care less what any group of Hispanics wish. Not my problem. What we need is to fix the problem.

It appears we are not going to do that primarily do to the idiotic views of the antis. Too stupid to make a deal. Better to make it much worse than accept the inevitable.

And the wall of lies and deliberate misstatements to defend the indefensible. Right on to deliberately distorted Constitutional ravings by the local idiot savant.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You're comparing apples to oranges again. Blacks voting for Obama or Catholics voting for Kennedy doesn't even remotely compare to Hispanic citizens advocating for ILLEGAL ALIENS just because they share the same ethnicity. Sorry, olecapt you are just spouting the same old nonsense again. Aren't you getting tired of getting banned over and over?
Nonsense. I am pointing out a fact of life. This fact could not care less whether or not you approve. It is still a fact. And it will likely beat any Republican running for the Presidency.

Don't you grow tired of spouting the same idiocy month after month. Have you not thought out that the windmills will always knock you down no matter how many times you set your lance?

To defend so vehemently a hopeless position may well border on mental illness. Have you had a good session with a shrink?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:26 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Are you really as dense as you appear Malamute? Yes Cesar Chavez was against illegal immigration as am I. What has that to do with the 11 million here and 5 more coming?

I could not care less what any group of Hispanics wish. Not my problem. What we need is to fix the problem.

It appears we are not going to do that primarily do to the idiotic views of the antis. Too stupid to make a deal. Better to make it much worse than accept the inevitable.

And the wall of lies and deliberate misstatements to defend the indefensible. Right on to deliberately distorted Constitutional ravings by the local idiot savant.
Quote:
Nonsense. I am pointing out a fact of life. This fact could not care less whether or not you approve. It is still a fact. And it will likely beat any Republican running for the Presidency.

Don't you grow tired of spouting the same idiocy month after month. Have you not thought out that the windmills will always knock you down no matter how many times you set your lance?

To defend so vehemently a hopeless position may well border on mental illness. Have you had a good session with a shrink?
As usual, olecapt can't contain his vileness, gives him away each and every time. Ban coming yet again.....3......2......

Old 02-19-2012, 07:24 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:

Offensive and insulting post. Reported. Bye olecapt, I should have known better than to respond to you ever again under your new 4th or 5th? new handle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration