Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetic3 View Post
One hopes your sociology is better than your math.

If McCain picked up 6.7 million and Obama lost 6.7 million the election would have gone to McCain.

And the Hispanic vote will likely guarantee an Obama win in 2012...which may be closer than the last one.
Clearly, math is not your strong suit, nor is logic. Obama received 9 million MORE votes than McCain. If the 6.7 million Hispanics had not voted for Obama, he would still have beaten McCain by 2.3 million votes. You can't add 6.7 million votes to McCain simply because you subtract 6.7 million from Obama. Obviously, only 3.3 million Hispanics chose to vote for McCain, not 10 million. Had they not voted for Obama, they simply would not have voted.

The fact remains, had the 6.7 million Hispanic voters chosen to stay home, Obama would still have beaten McCain. He didn't need their 6.7 million votes, because McCain wouldn't have gotten more than the 3.3 million he received.

Obama will most likely win in 2012, with or without the Hispanic vote.

Last edited by Benicar; 02-14-2012 at 10:47 PM..

Old 02-14-2012, 11:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
55 million? That's a frightening number considering Hispanics have the highest teen birthrate and the highest high school dropout rate in the nation.
Yes, and they will do the same for our country as they did for their own. Breed it into third world status. Far too many are coming to give birth here not because they can afford the high cost of health care or the cost of living here but because the welfare programs make it very easy to accept the dirt lowest wages but have the most children.

Illegals have caught on quickly to Medicaid and food stamp programs, the fact that the more irresponsible they have in giving birth to children they can never support, the more handouts our government gives them, including the biggest handout of all -- a free pass around the immigration laws.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 PM

44 posts, read 43,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Clearly, math is not your strong suit, nor is logic. Obama received 9 million MORE votes than McCain. If the 6.7 million Hispanics had not voted for Obama, he would still have beaten McCain by 2.3 million votes. You can't add 6.7 million votes to McCain simply because you subtract 6.7 million from Obama. Obviously, only 3.3 million Hispanics chose to vote for McCain, not 10 million. Had they not voted for Obama, they simply would not have voted.

The fact remains, had the 6.7 million Hispanic voters chosen to stay home, Obama would still have beaten McCain. He didn't need their 6.7 million votes, because McCain wouldn't have gotten more than the 3.3 million he received.

Obama will most likely win in 2012, with or without the Hispanic vote.
You are math deaf. There are ten million Hispanic votes. If they go to McCain he wins. If they go to Obama he wins. If they mostly go to McCain he wins...if they Mostly go to Obama he wins.

Let me spell it out for you. Obama won because he got 2/3 of the Hispanic vote.

And he will likely not win if he does not get most of it in 2012.

You are going to have a great time the next years as the Hispanic vote gets bigger and more important.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
You are math deaf. There are ten million Hispanic votes. If they go to McCain he wins. If they go to Obama he wins. If they mostly go to McCain he wins...if they Mostly go to Obama he wins.

You are going to have a great time the next years as the Hispanic vote gets bigger and more important.
Your mistake is in believing the hispanic vote is a monolith and that every hispanic is for open borders and having no immigration laws.

Some hispanics aren't here illegally and the whole issue of unlimited illegal immigration isn't how they'll vote. Some hispanics care about the USA and respect the laws of this country, some hispanics believe in better wages --- which obviously is contrary to having unlimited immigration of cheap workers and making every job available to anyone in the world who would come to take it.

Some hispanics are even social conservatives, they don't like extreme liberalism, they don't like abortion and the forcing of religious people to participate in abortion etc, some hispanics care about the national debt, and taxes.

To insist that every hispanic wants unlimited illegal immigration or no laws whatsoever on immigration and so will vote for Obama makes you wrong.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,732,470 times
I feel I have to remind you all that Hispanic does not equal illegal. Despite you claiming otherwise, many here are taking this mental shortcut, so to say. And then you go and complain about being accused of racism, when you post ambiguous statements that could be interpreted as such.
I'm not defending illegals, I'm just saddened they get lumped together with US citizens of this particular ethnic background. It's a disrespectful sweeping generalization that has no place in a rational debate.
Yac.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I feel I have to remind you all that Hispanic does not equal illegal. Despite you claiming otherwise, many here are taking this mental shortcut, so to say. And then you go and complain about being accused of racism, when you post ambiguous statements that could be interpreted as such.
I'm not defending illegals, I'm just saddened they get lumped together with US citizens of this particular ethnic background. It's a disrespectful sweeping generalization that has no place in a rational debate.
Yac.
Thread title: Texas Latino Youth Unite To Aid 'Undocumented' Students

I don't see too many white citizens uniting to aid illegal immigrants based on the fact they're white. The fact of the matter is these people are choosing a racial demographic over country and it's absolutely disgusting. With that type of ethnocentric attitude who are the real racists?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:05 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Texas Latino Youth Unite To Aid Undocumented Students | Fox News Latino

More unbridled arrogance. So now, their status is "irregular." What euphemism will they use next?
Oh, I liked the "undocumented American". But, we're not supposed to "label" are we?? I think that "label" kicks in once they enter the US illegally.

Irregular? Go take a laxative.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:40 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Thread title: Texas Latino Youth Unite To Aid 'Undocumented' Students

I don't see too many white citizens uniting to aid illegal immigrants based on the fact they're white. The fact of the matter is these people are choosing a racial demographic over country and it's absolutely disgusting. With that type of ethnocentric attitude who are the real racists?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:

Good grief! Can you possibly be more obtuse?

You're fixated on the 10 million Hispanics that voted in the election, rather than understanding the issue. You keep trying to add Obama's Hispanic votes to McCain. You can't do that. The election is over, and McCain received 3.3 million Hispanic votes, period. That was the final tally. The Hispanics that chose to vote for McCain voted for him. You can't add to that. It is what it is.

There's only one question: If you eliminate the 6.7 million Hispanic votes from Obama's 67 million, would he still have had enough votes to beat McCain's 58 million?

Answer: YES

I am so sick of hearing about the "Hispanic vote" and how Hispanics alone won the White House for Obama. That's complete and utter BS. They could ALL have stayed home, and he still would have defeated McCain.

Your final sentence is precisely why there is such growing disdain. As long as you continue to try to elevate yourselves to a level of greater importance than other citizens, you only add to the divisiveness in this country. You complain about an "Us vs. Them" mentality. Yet, you do everything in your power to ensure that it continues. It used to be the Democrats will defeat you, or the Republicans will defeat you, which was understood to include all demographics. Now, all we hear is Hispanics will defeat you. It's beyond sickening.

Now, would you care to comment on the topic of this thread? Or, is your only mission to push Hispanic superiority?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Good grief! Can you possibly be more obtuse?

You're fixated on the 10 million Hispanics that voted in the election, rather than understanding the issue. You keep trying to add Obama's Hispanic votes to McCain. You can't do that. The election is over, and McCain received 3.3 million Hispanic votes, period. That was the final tally. The Hispanics that chose to vote for McCain voted for him. You can't add to that. It is what it is.

There's only one question: If you eliminate the 6.7 million Hispanic votes from Obama's 67 million, would he still have had enough votes to beat McCain's 58 million?

Answer: YES

I am so sick of hearing about the "Hispanic vote" and how Hispanics alone won the White House for Obama. That's complete and utter BS. They could ALL have stayed home, and he still would have defeated McCain.

Your final sentence is precisely why there is such growing disdain. As long as you continue to try to elevate yourselves to a level of greater importance than other citizens, you only add to the divisiveness in this country. You complain about an "Us vs. Them" mentality. Yet, you do everything in your power to ensure that it continues. It used to be the Democrats will defeat you, or the Republicans will defeat you, which was understood to include all demographics. Now, all we hear is Hispanics will defeat you. It's beyond sickening.

Now, would you care to comment on the topic of this thread? Or, is your only mission to push Hispanic superiority?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.