Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,524,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The difference being, these "immigrants" don't have a right to be here. So, why should we be expected to wait for the 3rd generation to assimilate? And, why should we be forced to pay billions annually to accommodate people who are here in violation of our laws? Not to mention, illegals have no intentions of assimilating. Sadly, unlike others, they don't have to.
"illegals have no intentions of assimilating" you know what millions of people's intentions are? That's quite a skill. Can you tell me where people intend to buy real estate next?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:10 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,588,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
"illegals have no intentions of assimilating" you know what millions of people's intentions are? That's quite a skill. Can you tell me where people intend to buy real estate next?
Can you post evidence illustrating they are attempting to assimilate? I don't think so. However, there is more than enough evidence of their arrogant refusal. In fact, they believe U.S. citizens should learn THEIR language, and complain when they aren't accommodated.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Can you post evidence illustrating they are attempting to assimilate? I don't think so. However, there is more than enough evidence of their arrogant refusal. In fact, they believe U.S. citizens should learn THEIR language, and complain when they aren't accommodated.

Evidence illegal immigrant speaking SOME English (attempting):
https://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...immigrant.html

I have never heard illegals saying you should learn their language... do you have proof or an example?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:22 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,452 times
Quote:
Not a law, but ok they normally do by the 3rd generation just like many of the waves before (Italians, Germans).
So we're suppose to be grateful that eventually their grandkids will bother to learn English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I never was complaining that we don't allow enough foreigners to come. I don't know what 'enough' is, and neither do you. I just don't care if illegals are here or not. I think we ought to enforce immigration laws on the books and generally deter them from entering, but I just don't get the obsession over illegals. Yeah they're here...so freakin what? The obsession over this issue just leads to or, more likely, brings out racial prejudices towards Hispanics on the whole, regardless of their legal status.
For someone who doesn't care if illegals are here or not you sure have voiced quite a lot of opinions about this issue.

The real racism is that of the hispanic lobby and many hispanic pols who only support illegals because they share a race and ethnic idenity with them. If the people in question were 80% Chinese instead of 80% Latino the Latino community would mirror the general American contempt for illegals.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
So we're suppose to be grateful that eventually their grandkids will bother to learn English?

For someone who doesn't care if illegals are here or not you sure have voiced quite a lot of opinions about this issue.

The real racism is that of the hispanic lobby and many hispanic pols who only support illegals because they share a race and ethnic idenity with them. If the people in question were 80% Chinese instead of 80% Latino the Latino community would mirror the general American contempt for illegals.
Did I say you should be grateful? (that's just argumentative on your part)

90% of Black Americans support Obama. Is that racist or that they align with the culture? I think the latter.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:26 AM

50,484 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
90% of Black Americans support Obama. Is that racist or that they align with the culture? I think the latter.
I don't know. Obama is half white.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:27 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,588,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I never was complaining that we don't allow enough foreigners to come. I don't know what 'enough' is, and neither do you. I just don't care if illegals are here or not. I think we ought to enforce immigration laws on the books and generally deter them from entering, but I just don't get the obsession over illegals. Yeah they're here...so freakin what? The obsession over this issue just leads to or, more likely, brings out racial prejudices towards Hispanics on the whole, regardless of their legal status.
What is your obsession with race? Why do you continue to play the race card, when clearly race/ethnicity is not a factor? Yes, I am totally outraged that my taxes are being squandered on millions of people who shouldn't be here. And, I wouldn't give a damn if the people were polka dot. You may not consider BILLIONS of dollars significant. But, I certainly do.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:29 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,341,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I have a lot of opinions on this issue because I like to expose the real issue behind illegal immigration outcry: racism. I like pointing out other people's racism. I think they need to see it and understand it. They defend themselves by saying they're only against illegal immigration, but when you really dig just an inch deeper, you find out the truth: they're against immigration. And if you dig down even deeper, you see that they're especially against the immigration of Hispanic people or other non-whites. So yeah, I've got opinions on the issue.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't know. Obama is half white.
Mexicans are some portion of white as well.

p.s. I think I just got trolled into a race debate....darn....here we go down the road of being locked in 3..2...1...

Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,452 times
Quote:
Did I say you should be grateful? (that's just argumentative on your part)

Ninety percent of African Americans are democrats so they support Obama. If Obama were white and running on the top of the Dem ticket they would still support him.

So what?

Do you or do you not think that illegals who want to be part of this country should have to demonstrate fluency in English first? I don't want to hear the grandmother argument. America was different at the turn of last century. Today we need to attract skilled, educated people who are speak English and believe in the rule of law to help compete internationally. Most illegals are not skilled, not educated and do not speak fluent English. Why the hell should we let them skip the immigration lines let alone welcome them for having done so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.