Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:31 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What is your obsession with race? Why do you continue to play the race card, when clearly race/ethnicity is not a factor? Yes, I am totally outraged that my taxes are being squandered on millions of people who shouldn't be here. And, I wouldn't give a damn if the people were polka dot. You may not consider BILLIONS of dollars significant. But, I certainly do.
I was going to ask you the same question? What is your obsession over Hispanic illegal immigrants? You're totally outraged over millions of your tax dollars being squandered are you....are you totally outraged over the trillions being squandered to prop up morally bankrupt corporations? Are you totally outraged over the trillions being used to carpet bomb and rebuild foreign countries? Probably not. Thus, your outrage is selective.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Evidence illegal immigrant speaking SOME English (attempting):
//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...immigrant.html

I have never heard illegals saying you should learn their language... do you have proof or an example?
There are untold millions of illegals living in this country. Do you actually think ONE illegal speaking broken English proves your point? Try Googling the MILLIONS we are spending on Spanish interpreters, and then get back with me.

Oh, please. Not only do illegals demand we learn their language, but also their supporters. Search the threads on this forum, and you will find more than enough examples of U.S. citizens being called lazy and ignorant for not speaking Spanish, or agreeing to learn the language. Not to mention, the demands that we officially make Spanish a second language.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I was going to ask you the same question? What is your obsession over Hispanic illegal immigrants? You're totally outraged over millions of your tax dollars being squandered are you....are you totally outraged over the trillions being squandered to prop up morally bankrupt corporations? Are you totally outraged over the trillions being used to carpet bomb and rebuild foreign countries? Probably not. Thus, your outrage is selective.
Why should I discuss those issues, given their irrelevance to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION? Need I AGAIN remind you, the topic of this forum? Yes, I am outraged. And, my outrage has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that the majority of illegals are Hispanics. I would be equally outraged if the majority of illegals were Haitian. I don't enjoy being used, period.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
I have a lot of opinions on this issue because I like to expose the real issue behind illegal immigration outcry: racism. I like pointing out other people's racism. I think they need to see it and understand it. They defend themselves by saying they're only against illegal immigration, but when you really dig just an inch deeper, you find out the truth: they're against immigration. And if you dig down even deeper, you see that they're especially against the immigration of Hispanic people or other non-whites. So yeah, I've got opinions on the issue.
What racism?

Why is it racist to oppose granting American citizenship to low skilled, foreign nationals who don't speak English and are likely to be a financial burden? If they were mostly Norwegian do you really think we'd change our minds?

If you want to debate legal immigration then go to the legal immigration forum and do so.

Falsely accusing people of racism is disgusting because it only serves to cover up and downplay real racism. It's like Rush running around calling women's rights advocates Nazis and about as effective.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
There are untold millions of illegals living in this country. Do you actually think ONE illegal speaking broken illegal proves your point? Try Googling the MILLIONS we are spending on Spanish interpreters, and then get back with me.

Oh, please. Not only do illegals demand we learn their language, but also their supporters. Search the threads on this forum, and you will find more than enough examples of U.S. citizens being called lazy and ignorant for not speaking Spanish, or agreeing to learn the language. Not to mention, the demands that we officially make Spanish a second language.
You make the claim, you provide the evidence.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Many of us can be outraged at more than one thing.

We're multitaskers like that.

If it makes you feel any better I hate the bailed out bankers and anti women catholic church leaders and the sexist taliban and the crazies who run the Republican party just as much as I hate illegals.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Did I say you should be grateful? (that's just argumentative on your part)

90% of Black Americans support Obama. Is that racist or that they align with the culture? I think the latter.
You are actually trying to compare the overwhelming support from the Hispanic community for foreign interlopers, criminals, ID thieves, tax evaders, drunk drivers, to name a few, with the rate of support for Obama from black citizens? Get real.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
You make the claim, you provide the evidence.
I am not going to search these threads. You know I'm right. Furthermore, how many times have we seen reports on illegals who have lived here 10, 15, or even 20 years and still can't speak a lick of English?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
You are actually trying to compare the overwhelming support from the Hispanic community for foreign interlopers, criminals, ID thieves, tax evaders, drunk drivers, to name a few, with the rate of support for Obama from black citizens? Get real.
it's an analogy...........

Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
it's an analogy...........
An analogy should at least bear some resemblance to what it's being compared to. Your "analogy" is seriously flawed. Sorry, but you can't compare support for a non-criminal issue to one reeking lawlessness.

Now, if the majority of black citizens supported black drug dealers, and were marching in the streets demanding we decriminalize their behavior, demonized all who opposed them, demanded we reward them for dealing drugs, and fought for special tuition breaks for their children, you might have a valid analogy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.