Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 11:18 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,515,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Mach 50 -we are not talking about a downtown or urban situation where you would expect to fight for a parking space. We are talking about single family homes where the number of occupants and vehicles is excessive and usually violates occupancy laws -- but try getting anything done about it!
Are you rude to your hispanic neighbors?

It is funny how everyone has had such bad experiences with hispanics, I have lived around them my entire life, never had an issue. But I admit, I don't treat people badly and I always give them the benefit of the doubt.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:22 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,681,976 times
I treat my neighbors the way they treat me and it has only been three or four sets I have had issues with ( hispanic neighbors that is) I have also had issue with some old people and a young couple that thought my yard was a hangout. Not all neighbors are good you know. The US is very large and things do happen outside your circle.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:31 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,192,873 times
I try not to be rude to anyone - and when did 'hispanic' become an issue? When a car blocks your drive, do you really care what race the owner is?

BTW I went to a majority hispanic school and this was before the deluge of illegals. My friends are not like the new 'immigrants'! They complain as well.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:31 AM

However, I don't see you complaining about the OLD or YOUNG people you have had issue with, just the hispanics tend to make it to this forum.

My point is, if this were a white or black couple parking in your driveway would you be running to the boards to ask if it's in their DNA to park on other peoples property?

Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 AM

Well if it happen so often and our requests ignored and just a obvious lack of respect,we wouldnt complain. The difference is when I asked the young couple and old people, they complied and apologized and it never happened again. No isnt in their DNA, it is in the way they were brought up and a general disrepecting attitude.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I try not to be rude to anyone - and when did 'hispanic' become an issue? When a car blocks your drive, do you really care what race the owner is?

BTW I went to a majority hispanic school and this was before the deluge of illegals. My friends are not like the new 'immigrants'! They complain as well.
Hispanic came into it when the OP said
Quote:
many flying mexican flags
I agree my hispanic friends complain too, but do you think it is right to boycott Mexican products? or stop speaking Spanish?

These posts just add to the stereotype and add to the hate portrayed towards hispanics on this forum.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:36 AM

No one should have to stop speaking their language, but to demand and expect us to cater to them, no sorry. Why is it us learning Spanish and not them learning english?

Old 09-13-2007, 11:40 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,192,873 times
Half my Christmas card list is hispanic surnames...

Old 09-13-2007, 11:42 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,325,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Hispanic came into it when the OP said

I agree my hispanic friends complain too, but do you think it is right to boycott Mexican products? or stop speaking Spanish?

These posts just add to the stereotype and add to the hate portrayed towards hispanics on this forum.
What I think is right, and I'm sorry but I'm on a roll today..a regular little chatty Kathy, as I'm all stirrued up about terrorists and our boarders. I think every illegal immigrant who is on American Soil, needs to be shipped back home and then, boarder patrol be put in place, and then, a legal immigration system be once again, put into place....and it should be a priviledge to be in America, so much so, that people who want to be here, learn the language,so they can fit in and become a working member of the community.

Otherwise they are illegal and have no rights, no rights to vote, no rights to anything, and those that hire them, should be fined very heavily.

or, take all the illegals and make them fight for freedom against terrorisum....in all the mideastern countries we are in...
I'm sorry, but enough is enough....we are a country of bleeding hearts, that is going to get us all in deep trouble.

besides, you travel to any other country in this world, and protest your rights there...see what happens to you.

I cannot believe these people who are illegal, think they have righs....and even worse, I cannot believe, they have a right to vote...if they didn't we wouldn't be in this mess...but every single politican uses them...b/c there are how many now....between 5 - 7 million of them here? That my friends, is a lot of votes, which tells you, where their (the candidates and Bush's priorities are)

I have no problem with any one coming to this country, but to be here illegally, man, oh man, how incredibly ludicrist.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
What I think is right, and I'm sorry but I'm on a roll today..a regular little chatty Kathy, as I'm all stirrued up about terrorists and our boarders. I think every illegal immigrant who is on American Soil, needs to be shipped back home and then, boarder patrol be put in place, and then, a legal immigration system be once again, put into place....and it should be a priviledge to be in America, so much so, that people who want to be here, learn the language,so they can fit in and become a working member of the community.

Otherwise they are illegal and have no rights, no rights to vote, no rights to anything, and those that hire them, should be fined very heavily.

or, take all the illegals and make them fight for freedom against terrorisum....in all the mideastern countries we are in...
I'm sorry, but enough is enough....we are a country of bleeding hearts, that is going to get us all in deep trouble.

besides, you travel to any other country in this world, and protest your rights there...see what happens to you.

I cannot believe these people who are illegal, think they have righs....and even worse, I cannot believe, they have a right to vote...if they didn't we wouldn't be in this mess...but every single politican uses them...b/c there are how many now....between 5 - 7 million of them here? That my friends, is a lot of votes, which tells you, where their (the candidates and Bush's priorities are)

I have no problem with any one coming to this country, but to be here illegally, man, oh man, how incredibly ludicrist.

Absolutelty!!!! America isnt here just for anyone to come in and take what they want and make demands. It is here for American Citizens. You want in, become one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.