Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 AM

273 posts, read 249,541 times

Advertisements

In my neighborhood here in the midwest, I've noticed that the newer neighbors (many flying mexican flags) always park their vehicles in front of other houses of their non-immigrant neighbors. I thought it odd because they could use the driveway or park in front of their own house.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a common practice across the US and what is the purpose? Is it to stake a symbolic claim, shade their vehicle, detour ICE from their real address? I'd love to know.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:22 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,677,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
In my neighborhood here in the midwest, I've noticed that the newer neighbors (many flying mexican flags) always park their vehicles in front of other houses of their non-immigrant neighbors. I thought it odd because they could use the driveway or park in front of their own house.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a common practice across the US and what is the purpose? Is it to stake a symbolic claim, shade their vehicle, detour ICE from their real address? I'd love to know.
Who knows, we had one neighbor that did that, actually parking in front of our driveway, he would get into shouting matches with my husband, but of course my husband didnt speak spanish. Finally my husband took his larger Dodge ram and pushed it out of the way!! It was worth the citation.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:42 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,130 times
The National Council of La Raza seldom talks about this, but part of the plan of the "reconquista" of Aztlan does indeed involve "taking over the gringos' parking spaces". No one wants to admit this, but it goes along with forcing the gringos to adopt soccer and bullfighting as well. In the Southwest, they've even succeeded in altering the names of our cities and geographical features.....Los Angeles---El Paso---Sierra Nevada---Las Vegas---San Francisco---Colorado----do those sound like honest English names? If they weren't so sneaky, we'd be able to see their plans.
Get an American flag and park in front of THEIR house--that'll show 'em.....

Old 09-13-2007, 11:03 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,181,360 times
Yeah wait until they block your driveway -- you will be afraid to call the police because of retaliation. You could go down the street knocking on doors to get someone to move it,but good luck, they don't speak English and they will probably lie to you anyway.

They have also been known to actually pull into your driveway and park behind your car!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:06 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,509,213 times
You people are really spreading the hatred here.

I grew up in Chicago, California and Florida; Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Columbian and REDNECKS did the same thing, and they were all legal.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Yeah wait until they block your driveway -- you will be afraid to call the police because of retaliation. You could go down the street knocking on doors to get someone to move it,but good luck, they don't speak English and they will probably lie to you anyway.

They have also been known to actually pull into your driveway and park behind your car!
Yep , thats why my husband moved in himself, they didnt bother us after that. My husband usually gets his point across.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
You people are really spreading the hatred here.

I grew up in Chicago, California and Florida; Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Columbian and REDNECKS did the same thing, and they were all legal.
Yep and I would move those cars as well.it isnt hatred it is irritation!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:09 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,509,213 times
I had BMW parked in my spot this past weekend. It had some of those fancy 22" rims on it too. I was pissed...but then I realized everything was going to be ok because they were just a white couple who thought it wasn't owned.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:12 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,181,360 times
Mach 50 -we are not talking about a downtown or urban situation where you would expect to fight for a parking space. We are talking about single family homes where the number of occupants and vehicles is excessive and usually violates occupancy laws -- but try getting anything done about it!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I had BMW parked in my spot this past weekend. It had some of those fancy 22" rims on it too. I was pissed...but then I realized everything was going to be ok because they were just a white couple who thought it wasn't owned.

Are we talking about your home or work? well if it is your home, tell them to move it, if they dont move it for them. See we asked many many many times, to only get ignored. So what I am suppose to let them block my leaving or coming home so I dont seem racist. Screw that!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration