Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:14 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,448,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
U.S Woman Moves with 4 Children to Join Deported Husband in Mexico - Hispanically Speaking News

What is it with these people? At what point do they acknowledge that they are criminals and not victims? What makes them think that we should ignore our laws to accomodate their illegal entry and extended lawless behavior? The fact that the current administration has emboldened illegals to the point that they think that the POTUS is obligated to intervene on their behalf to aid and abet them in their criminal mindsets and behavior is a disgrace.
This is what should happen. I have no problem with this if US citizens willingly marry illegals than they have to face the consequences of that decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 10:48 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,853,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This is what should happen. I have no problem with this if US citizens willingly marry illegals than they have to face the consequences of that decision.
They were both 18 when they met fourteen years ago, and she was as unfamiliar with the U.S. immigration system as most Americans...

On the advice of an attorney, they tried ten years ago for him to be able to enter legally...

If she had been aware of all of the legal avenues available at the time, he most likely would have already qualified to live within the United States...

Upon serving out a ten-year ban, it will be 24 years from when they met, and twenty years since they first attempted to solve their situation, with a family of five U.S. citizens (none of the children would even be an "Anchor Baby" under the offered definitions) being affected...

It is telling when even that doesn't seem to be enough for some here...

Old 04-08-2012, 03:08 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,335,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But their mother is a U.S. citizen (and is not able to hold Mexican citizenship without naturalizing there). I thought you said before that children should have the citizenship of the mother. Why does the abilities that any other qualifying citizen has get held from this family because one parent was an illegal alien?

You did say yourself that he would no longer would be considered an illegal alien, he has been repatriated to Mexico. Earlier I referenced that if he serves out his ten-year ban, can this family come back to the United States? When can he satisfy your judgement against him?

There is a woman I know of in almost the exact situation. She crosses on the weekday mornings for work in El Paso, bringing her U.S. citizen children to attend school in the United States. Her husband (father of all of the children) is also serving out a ten-year ban (they are probably about half-way through it at this point), it was later re-entries (I don't know if he was deported) that put the ban against him too.

It is an eventuality that they will return to the United States. You can't dismiss all of these children's claim to U.S. citizenship through their mothers, and being born in the United States. Just a factor of drawing benefits (to which the mother and children can immediately qualify for) should have no bearing on why that you think U.S. citizens have no right to live in the United States.

Happy Easter, and I mean that without rabbit, eggs, chicks, or chocolates...

EDIT: It is interesting to look at their background:

So, 10 years ago (and before they had any children), on the advice of an attorney, they tried to do things the correct way...

Wow...
What I have said is that birthright citizenship should be changed to where at least one parent is a U.S. citizen in order for a mixed status family's children born here to qualify for birthright citizenship and yes I would prefer the qualifier be the mother.

This woman's choices are to remain here with her children as they are all citizens or join her husband in Mexico where her kids could hold dual citizenship and then she can become a naturalized Mexican citizen. Other than that her husband's choice shoud be to remain in Mexico and try to follow the legal process to come back here. If it is a long and tough journey or he is denied that process then they will just have to accept that and if the woman truly loves him and wants them to be an intact family they should join him in Mexico.

I have never once said that U.S. citizens shouldn't be allowed to live here. All I have said is that minor children should be with their parents. A mixed status family complicates that but no way should the illegal parent be allowed to remain in this country based on having kids here.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,853,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What I have said is that birthright citizenship should be changed to where at least one parent is a U.S. citizen in order for a mixed status family's children born here to qualify for birthright citizenship and yes I would prefer the qualifier be the mother.

This woman's choices are to remain here with her children as they are all citizens or join her husband in Mexico where her kids could hold dual citizenship and then she can become a naturalized Mexican citizen. Other than that her husband's choice shoud be to remain in Mexico and try to follow the legal process to come back here. If it is a long and tough journey or he is denied that process then they will just have to accept that and if the woman truly loves him and wants them to be an intact family they should join him in Mexico.

I have never once said that U.S. citizens shouldn't be allowed to live here. All I have said is that minor children should be with their parents. A mixed status family complicates that but no way should the illegal parent be allowed to remain in this country based on having kids here.
All of the children in this instance are U.S. citizens. You objected to the children receiving "all kinds of welfare benefits" if they either remained here or returned here later. It wasn't simply your statement that they should be with both parents, it was that they shouldn't be here:

Quote:
They also can hold Mexican citizenshhip. Let's face it they would probably get all kinds of welfare benefits for these kids if they returned here instead and that is the bottom line.
Does having a Mexican father somehow taint these kids from qualifying for welfare? A primary reason (instead of family unity) for the family to be with the father in Mexico? If you have stated that is your "bottom line" I can't move the goalpost for you.

Before entering into the sacrament of marriage (and years before having children), they, with improper legal council, tried to start through the legal immigration process. This family should be praised for their devotion to one another. They sound like hard-working, church-going people.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:54 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,335,879 times
Quote:
All of the children in this instance are U.S. citizens. You objected to the children receiving "all kinds of welfare benefits" if they either remained here or returned here later. It wasn't simply your statement that they should be with both parents, it was that they shouldn't be here:

Does having a Mexican father somehow taint these kids from qualifying for welfare? A primary reason (instead of family unity) for the family to be with the father in Mexico? If you have stated that is your "bottom line" I can't move the goalpost for you.

Before entering into the sacrament of marriage (and years before having children), they, with improper legal council, tried to start through the legal immigration process. This family should be praised for their devotion to one another. They sound like hard-working, church-going people.
What? Stating that the mother would rather remain here with her kids to get welfare benefits is me objecting to it? Even my post that you quoted doesn't say that. It was about motive on her part not objection on my part. You always seem to try to read things into what people say in here that they haven't actually said.

Devotion between a couple has no relevance to the act of entering our country illegally. It doesn't excuse it. If they had bad legal advice that doesn't excuse it either. They can be hard working and church going in Mexico just as much as they can be here if they truly love each other if her husband isn't allowed to return here or if it takes a long time to do so. The difference is benefits is the likely attraction for her to remain here with her kids rather than reunitiing with her husband in Mexico.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,930,126 times
Quote:

All choices there: IF the mother hadn't married an illegal alien, she'd been OK. So the onus is on HER. It's her choice if she follows her lawbreaker hubby back to Mexico.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,173,628 times
I'm not surprised that this White woman wants to move back to Mexico with their kids after her husband was deported.
That's something that almost never happens with Mexican woman.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:59 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,838,825 times
Let me get this straight...The woman is an AMERICAN citizen...she marries a man who is a Mexican citizen and has a family with the guy..and they send the man packing to MEXICO...bringing harm to the AMERICAN wife and children?---This is wrong. Marriage has been the traditional ticket to citizen ship...This shows that AMERICAN authorities do not respect the institution of marriage...no wonder men are getting married to men...The government condones one but not the traditional other?

Old 04-08-2012, 09:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,470,091 times
Quote:
What? Stating that the mother would rather remain here with her kids to get welfare benefits is me objecting to it? Even my post that you quoted doesn't say that. It was about motive on her part not objection on my part. You always seem to try to read things into what people say in here that they haven't actually said.

Devotion between a couple has no relevance to the act of entering our country illegally. It doesn't excuse it. If they had bad legal advice that doesn't excuse it either. They can be hard working and church going in Mexico just as much as they can be here if they truly love each other if her husband isn't allowed to return here or if it takes a long time to do so. The difference is benefits is the likely attraction for her to remain here with her kids rather than reunitiing with her husband in Mexico.
You just stated something so true, and so dang smart.
The couples devotion to each other, in no way no part has a thing to do with the relevance, of entering this Country illegally, and is not ever to be excused.

The motive of these people is so hard to understand. Try any of this crap in their homeland, try the same stuff that is tried here, and see what happens!

People make their own choices in life, and in no way should be rewarded ever for breaking a law, although to some, this does not seem to matter, with the thosands of excuses they make.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,930,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Let me get this straight...The woman is an AMERICAN citizen...she marries a man who is a Mexican citizen and has a family with the guy..and they send the man packing to MEXICO...bringing harm to the AMERICAN wife and children?---This is wrong. Marriage has been the traditional ticket to citizen ship...This shows that AMERICAN authorities do not respect the institution of marriage...no wonder men are getting married to men...The government condones one but not the traditional other?
The man is here ILLEGALLY; he needs to leave the US or face being thrown in jail. Many Americans commit crimes that put them into jail "breaking up families"; why should an illegal alien be treated any better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration