Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Why do you think they take those jobs.. I see white, black, and every other color of people doing those same jobs, should they be treated differently? Should Hispanics be given special treatment because they perform these jobs, where the person of another color should not be? Who is being the bigot now?

What if I showed you a picture of Black People mowing lawns, or White people pouring coffee.. are you going to argue that these are not jobs they are willing to do? Are you going to make less of these people because this is there way of earning a living?

I'm just curious where your going with your above statement in the quoted area?

You just made my point.

If it were a White person they would not get treated like a dog. Black...it could still happen.

I rarely see an illegal Mexican cause any problems and I live in California.

Now I have seen lot's of Mexicans get treated like dirt doing the worst jobs already. However, treating people like dirt is not a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 03:22 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
he's not bigoted. he's acknowledging that most illegals that get treated like crap are already working crap jobs. how many mexicans do you see as doctors, lawyers, ceos? definitely in the minority. whereas with these crap jobs, they are a much larger sect.
How do they get treated like crap? Why because we expect good service? And if we dont get it we get miffed?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:23 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yea and your stories of bliss among them seem very fake as well.
No exaggeration needed, they happened and I know it. Is that the best you can come up with?
yes, it is the best. because i have no way of verifying your story. i just hope those 8 ft mexicans that jumped your kid get caught. as far as my blissful existence among them, why is that so hard to believe?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:24 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,959,483 times
Quote:
he's not bigoted. he's acknowledging that most illegals that get treated like crap are already working crap jobs. how many mexicans do you see as doctors, lawyers, ceos? definitely in the minority. whereas with these crap jobs, they are a much larger sect.
Why is that? So you think working in a hotel making beds, or pouring coffee at the pancake house, or mowing lawns is a crap job. I am sure people who do them jobs are really feeling your love right now.

I live in El Paso TX, I see many C.E.O.'s and doctors and Lawyers and business people in those jobs.. I also see many working McDonalds and other jobs. I don't treat them like crap because of where they work or what they do. Heck I even tip the Sonic Person for bringing out my fast food.. I always leave a tip in the hotel room for the person who cleans up after me. I don't look down on these people or think what they do is crap, unlike you and the other poster.. so I again ask who is the bigot here?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:28 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Quote:
yes, it is the best. because i have no way of verifying your story. i just hope those 8 ft mexicans that jumped your kid get caught. as far as my blissful existence among them, why is that so hard to believe?
Where did I say 8 feet? Seems to me you like looking for things that are not there to twist.. My son is very small for his age, he has growth hormone issues, he is 14 is 4'3 and weighs 80 pounds. The Mexicans are Juniors and Seniors that are 5'8 and more and weigh over 130 each easy.

And your bliss is as hard for me to believe as my experiences are for you we each cannot verify each others stories.. they were caught by the way, and we are pressing charges.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Why is that? So you think working in a hotel making beds, or pouring coffee at the pancake house, or mowing lawns is a crap job. I am sure people who do them jobs are really feeling your love right now.
they're a crap job because they rarely get benefits and the pay is low. id pour coffee all day if it paid 50k/year with health insurance.

Quote:
I live in El Paso TX, I see many C.E.O.'s and doctors and Lawyers and business people in those jobs..
right, but they are hardly a majority nationwide. they may be better represented in dense hispanic areas, but they hardly have a stake in the national number. many of these jobs are unattainable if they have no formal education, which is also a form of segregation against the poor.

Quote:
I also see many working McDonalds and other jobs. I don't treat them like crap because of where they work or what they do. Heck I even tip the Sonic Person for bringing out my fast food.. I always leave a tip in the hotel room for the person who cleans up after me. I don't look down on these people or think what they do is crap, unlike you and the other poster.. so I again ask who is the bigot here?
neither one of us look down on them. do not make assumptions. it is very clear by our stance that we are supporters of not only immigrants, but the lower class of america. i am glad you have common courtesy and tip. i do the same. why assume otherwise when i defend them in every other post?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:32 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
Quote:

I live in El Paso TX, I see many C.E.O.'s and doctors and Lawyers and business people in those jobs.. I also see many working McDonalds and other jobs. I don't treat them like crap because of where they work or what they do. Heck I even tip the Sonic Person for bringing out my fast food.. I always leave a tip in the hotel room for the person who cleans up after me. I don't look down on these people or think what they do is crap, unlike you and the other poster.. so I again ask who is the bigot here?
I never said people who do those jobs get treated like crap. I said the Mexicans that work them do. Not all the time, but the problems I see with the illegals usually are a result of an American treating them like dirt.

Like the other day a guy actually yelled at a Mexican kid working behind the Subway counter for putting too much mustard on his sandwich. I really think he would have said something racial, if I hadn't been right there. Yes I know they kid is illegal, but still there is no reason to yell at him. If it were a white person behind the counter I doubt it would have been an issue.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Where did I say 8 feet? Seems to me you like looking for things that are not there to twist.. My son is very small for his age, he has growth hormone issues, he is 14 is 4'3 and weighs 80 pounds. The Mexicans are Juniors and Seniors that are 5'8 and more and weigh over 130 each easy.
im sorry, i thought you said twice his size. that would mean they are 8'6" and 160 pounds. unless, of course, you were exaggerating.

Quote:
And your bliss is as hard for me to believe as my experiences are for you we each cannot verify each others stories.. they were caught by the way, and we are pressing charges.
so theyre criminals because theyre criminals, not because theyre illegal immigrants. if that was the case, all illegal immigrants would be criminals (aside from the actual "illegal" crossing, that is). the logic isnt there. treat criminals as criminals. dont look for an excuse to tie their ethnicity and status into it.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:33 PM

185 posts, read 355,458 times
Quote:
is that a fact or a guess?
More like a hypothosis.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
More like a hypothosis.
so a guess. thank you have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration