Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 06:45 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,945,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
I see a woman trying to make a business for herself. A real patriot wouldn't be mocking her. He'd mock the police for disturbing a woman who was selling tamales. I suppose then that few people recall the founding fathers protested a tariff and actively evaded it.

This was a nation of smugglers. What happened to you? Did you lose your teeth? Many of you here were born in the USA, but if this is your conduct you have no right to celebrate the 4th of July. That date is reserved for rebels who see unjust laws and aren't afraid to break them. In this sense that woman is far more American than many here.
This is 2012, NOT 1776. Most Americans DON'T illegal aliens in the US. Sheesh!

Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Easily identifiable as an Illegal. A real unemployed American would have been on the side of the street begging for money or at home playing video games collecting unemployment. Damn her for trying to actually sell something to support her kids.
Uh; not all unemployed Americans. I've been down that road and it ain't good. Tho I NEVER did any street corner begging.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
This thread is a sob story. One of privileged snotty adults who had no problem importing a subclass of labor to keep their grapes cheap, but once they aspire for upward mobility and mean to become full members of this nation, that's the time to run them out on a rail with accusations of theft. Fact: you stole from them they day you found that bargain on grapes and didn't question how it could be possible. Old black Joe picking your cotton, dear. So were Asian slaves in the Marianna Islands.

I note in all the sob stories of anti immigration camp sibling rivalry excuses that justify their abusive behavior. All in their minds, of course. It's an excuse. It's permission the give themselves, the license to deny they had a hand in anything negative or neglectful that's been going on for most of the last century.

Jasper, if you've made a career out of dodging responsibility for your country, your state, your community... you are the problem. Not immigrants. Not the gubbermint you've emasculated by handing authority over them to corporations.
I'm speaking out against illegal aliens and their friends. Can you say the same thing? Sheesh!

Old 08-03-2012, 06:56 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,787,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
This is 2012, NOT 1776. Most Americans DON'T illegal aliens in the US. Sheesh!

I am going to assume you meant "DON"T WANT illegal aliens in the US."

You may be right, OTOH, the MAJORITY of Americans seem to think that illegals immigrants are just taking jobs other americans do not want.

www.pewhispanic.org/files/factsheets/18.pdf

As for 1776, there were no ILLEGAL immigrants since the quota law wasnt established until 1921 (which btw specifically exempted Mexicans). According to our founding fathers, the "illegals" here now, wouldn't have been an issue. And make no mistake, Mexicans were INVITED HERE as late as the 50s during the Bracero program.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
House keepers, landscapers, cleaning pools... all the jobs of an underground economy unwilling to pay living wages, and especially taxes that reflect an integrated society from bottom to top. No matter how often you lie to yourself, the truth refuses to stay buried. You're really this oblivious, selfish, and entitled. Reality TV are your heroes? The moral of the tale is lost on you.
I don't hire illegal aliens.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I am going to assume you meant "DON"T WANT illegal aliens in the US."

You may be right, OTOH, the MAJORITY of Americans seem to think that illegals immigrants are just taking jobs other americans do not want.

www.pewhispanic.org/files/factsheets/18.pdf

As for 1776, there were no ILLEGAL immigrants since the quota law wasnt established until 1921 (which btw specifically exempted Mexicans). According to our founding fathers, the "illegals" here now, wouldn't have been an issue.
This is 2012: it's time for all illegal aliens to leave and take their Anchors back home too. Your link's from 2006: things have gotten MUCH worse in the last 6 years. I'm willing to bet MOST Americans want illegal aliens OUT.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
This is 2012: it's time for all illegal aliens to leave and take their Anchors back home too. Your link's from 2006: things have gotten MUCH worse in the last 6 years. I'm willing to bet MOST Americans want illegal aliens OUT.
Well, unfortunately for you, this is a democratic republic, not a populist democracy.

And fortunately for those AMERICAN citizens you want to throw out, constitutionally, you cannot deport people who are NATURAL BORN CITIZENS.

Maybe, the constitution is nothing big to you, for some Americans, it is nothing to trifle with.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I'm speaking out against illegal aliens and their friends. Can you say the same thing? Sheesh!
Now being a friend of an illegal alien is something that requires speaking out? Well hell, sign me up.

My brother in law was an illegal immigrant for nearly a year. I don't just call him a friend, I love him. Granted I am sure you wouldn't count him or his "anchors" since he is a nice, white, former Irishman.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,483,734 times
Quote:
I don't hire illegal aliens.

Good for you! i myself have turned illegal workers in. And would proudly do it again, infact would love to do it again. All i got was a thank you for being a concern American.

Americans unemployed are out there looking for work, some who been on their job for 20+ yrs. They want to support their families too, but they want to do it right. And nothing illegal.

Illegal in my book, has always been as i was taught when little, wrong, cut it, slice it, dice it, any way you choose, wrong is wrong.
If these people truly cared about their families, they would come to this Country the right way, as any loving caring, nurturing parent would do.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Now being a friend of an illegal alien is something that requires speaking out? Well hell, sign me up.

My brother in law was an illegal immigrant for nearly a year. I don't just call him a friend, I love him. Granted I am sure you wouldn't count him or his "anchors" since he is a nice, white, former Irishman.
Uh; I'm of Irish family and I don't like illegal alien Irish either. They're NO better than illegal alien Hispanics. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration