Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 12:14 AM

153 posts, read 131,469 times

Advertisements

I for one welcome our Irish cousins into the American continent!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:32 AM

399 posts, read 705,525 times
I'll welcome any illegal alien as long as they pay their dues to get here. I am from another country but paid my dues which weren't cheap. It cost me a fortune to immigrate and I don't appreciate those coming over and getting freebies. I couldn't even so much as get a driver's license without papers and the legal crap. So why should anyone that comes over, expects to work or get stuff for free? I think if you want to stay and you're here, they pay the dues too, and you can stay otherwise go home!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:53 AM

192 posts, read 438,837 times
Even more sob stories are going to be generated now, since obama is not allowing ICE to do their jobs now by upholding this countries immigration laws! Even MORE immigrants are going to be driving around without licenses, taking our jobs with illegal ID's and plugging up our housing with all their relatives, why??
All because of OUR OWN citizens who THOUGHT they were making a good choice when they voted to have a "still not proven to be a legal citizen" fill the office of president! WHO, mind you seems to use his position as president to funnel EVEN MORE minorities into OUR country while ignoring OUR countries citizenship and visa requirements!!
WE are now the minorities in the USA!!
It's time to renounce citizenship and just move to New Zealand...or the next country that would welcome a new citizen legally!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee11 View Post
I'll welcome any illegal alien as long as they pay their dues to get here. I am from another country but paid my dues which weren't cheap. It cost me a fortune to immigrate and I don't appreciate those coming over and getting freebies. I couldn't even so much as get a driver's license without papers and the legal crap. So why should anyone that comes over, expects to work or get stuff for free? I think if you want to stay and you're here, they pay the dues too, and you can stay otherwise go home!
If the illegals had been willing to pay their dues, they wouldn't be here illegally in the first place. They are people who don't believe in abiding by any law that inconveniences them.

Now Obama is moving them all to the front of the line, punishing those who chose to respect our laws because the big job grab by illegals is going to be huge. A million visas for illegals is going to put a damper on any hopes of those who have been trying to do things the right way.

Illegals who drove without a license or insurance will have no problem getting one of these new work visas. And there is nothing about having had to have paid any taxes while living here illegally. Nor of not having used welfare handouts.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,077,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Well, unfortunately for you, this is a democratic republic, not a populist democracy.

And fortunately for those AMERICAN citizens you want to throw out, constitutionally, you cannot deport people who are NATURAL BORN CITIZENS.

Maybe, the constitution is nothing big to you, for some Americans, it is nothing to trifle with.
It's actually a Constitutional Republic.

Children born here of illegal aliens are only assumed to be NBC's. WKA does not grant BRC to illegal born children, in fact there is no known SCOTUS case that does, not even the 14th Amendment. Even in the FAM it only assumes children born of illegals are born citizens.

It would be better if some actually understood the Constitution.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,077,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Now being a friend of an illegal alien is something that requires speaking out? Well hell, sign me up.

My brother in law was an illegal immigrant for nearly a year. I don't just call him a friend, I love him. Granted I am sure you wouldn't count him or his "anchors" since he is a nice, white, former Irishman.
Did he enter the US on a visa? If he did and he filed paperwork (CoS) that he was waiting on, he was merely "out of status", legally here, not illegally.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
I for one welcome our Irish cousins into the American continent!
We aren't talking about the "American continent." We are talking about the United States, a sovereign nation, with immigration laws dictating the requirements for entry by foreign nationals. Those who qualify, and are issued a visa to enter, are most definitely welcome. And, that includes every race, ethnicity, and national origin. However, the welcome mat does not extend to illegal aliens. Furthermore, as an IA non-citizen, you are in no position to welcome anyone into OUR country, in particular, against OUR laws.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:33 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee11 View Post
As malamute stated, if they are illegal aliens they have not paid their dues. In fact, as interlopers, they have no right to even be here. Therefore, they are not welcome.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:42 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,747,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
It's actually a Constitutional Republic.

Children born here of illegal aliens are only assumed to be NBC's. WKA does not grant BRC to illegal born children, in fact there is no known SCOTUS case that does, not even the 14th Amendment. Even in the FAM it only assumes children born of illegals are born citizens.

It would be better if some actually understood the Constitution.
Oh the irony. No known SCOTUS hmmm?

US v Wong Kim ark.

All children born here, even of foreign nationals are citizens. It does not exclude those whose parents are here illegally.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:45 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,747,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We aren't talking about the "American continent." We are talking about the United States, a sovereign nation, with immigration laws dictating the requirements for entry by foreign nationals. Those who qualify, and are issued a visa to enter, are most definitely welcome. And, that includes every race, ethnicity, and national origin. However, the welcome mat does not extend to illegal aliens. Furthermore, as an IA non-citizen, you are in no position to welcome anyone into OUR country, in particular, against OUR laws.
Speak for yourself. My BIL was here illegally once his visa expired and while waiting for his green card.

His "anchors", my AMERICAN citizen nieces, would disagree with the idea thr there father wasn't welcome here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.