Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:22 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Had she actually wanted a better future, she would not have gotten pregnant and dropped out of school. She certainly wouldn't have had a second baby. There was absolutely nothing preventing her from graduating from high school or even getting a GED, that is, but laziness, and of course the welfare checks and food stamps she receives for her two anchors. I'm sick of these parasites pretending Obama's amnesty is just the break they needed. Her illegal status damn sure didn't force her to keep lying around having babies. The ONLY reason she is now anxious to enroll in a GED program is to qualify for Obama's amnesty. Not only will these welfare queens scramble to enroll, but also every gangbanger without a criminal record. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a few drug cartel members manage to get in on the action. This is exactly the BS that boils my blood. But, we've been saying this from the beginning.
That could mean thousands of gangbangers. How many are under 18, or committed crrimes when they were under 18, and therefore have their criminal records sealed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 04:30 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,738,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I don't know that she plans to work. What the legal status will do for her is make sure she won't be deported. I really don't see her giving up welfare for a minimum wage job.

I have no doubt that you are absolutely right. It's all about getting something for nothing.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,742,077 times
As this discussion continues I'd like to remind everybody Hispanic does not equal Illegal. Many here keep using these terms as synonyms and then when others point that out, they complain about nitpicking. There is a difference, of all the people the regulars of this forum should know that best.
Yac.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:48 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,624 times
But aren't they all valedictorians and Nobel prize winners? Or maybe the truth is what we've been saying all along: they're mostly very poorly educated half wits, ill prepared for decent paying jobs with little chance of doing anything here but adding to the welfare rolls.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
But aren't they all valedictorians and Nobel prize winners? Or maybe the truth is what we've been saying all along: they're mostly very poorly educated half wits, ill prepared for decent paying jobs with little chance of doing anything here but adding to the welfare rolls.
Don't forget fraudsters and druggies.

QUICK QUESTION- drug test - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Will DHS consider my expunged or juvenile conviction ?? - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Who else used a fradulent passport? - DREAM Act Portal Forum

will there be drug testing ?! - DREAM Act Portal Forum

crime question? - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Even some Dreamies realize the GED provision is total BS. If they don't already have a GED, or were already enrolled prior to Obama's announcement, they should not qualify, period. Otherwise, that would be as idiotic as offering $80k to everyone who volunteered their services at a homeless shelter, but rather than limiting the award to those who previously volunteered or were volunteers prior to the announcement, they leave the date open. How many people do you think would sign up as volunteers who would never have considered it otherwise?

This nonsense was done to include as many illegals as possible in Obama's amnesty. Note, they originally said it would involve 800,000. Now, they've increased their estimate by 1 million. Next, they'll say they expect 2.5 -3 million. It's similar to the mythical 12 million illegals when they know the actual total is substantially higher. In reality, they have no idea how many illegal aliens are here. So, how on earth can they even begin to estimate the number who will qualify for DACA? Actually, it would be funny if 10 million apply. Then, they would have a very hard time explaining the estimated 12 million total.

Against people getting GED for DACA - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Do you need a GED, the moment the invidual submits the application? - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Old 08-14-2012, 06:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
Exactly -- because those who dropped out in middle school or never attended school here after dropping out in 3rd grade back home, are going to be allowed to stay on.

It's funny how they tried to sell the Dream Act by parading around all the illegals who were straight A students who wanted their scholarships for college here in the USA but when they put the Dream Act into place it's for the drop outs also.

It's going to be seriously dumbed down GEDs and GED's taken in Spanish.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:06 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,526,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am not sure if it is a cultural thing or not, but most Hispanic girls I taught wanted to be pregnant before their quinceanera party.

Before 15? Reallllllllly?
I have never heard that one before. Most Hispanic girls I know (family and not) at the age of 15 want a car and an iPhone, the pregnancy comes from not using contraceptive while experimenting with boys.

Contraceptive and sex is still very taboo in an Hispanic household, parents don't talk about it with their kids. That's the key problem IMO.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:57 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,738,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly -- because those who dropped out in middle school or never attended school here after dropping out in 3rd grade back home, are going to be allowed to stay on.

It's funny how they tried to sell the Dream Act by parading around all the illegals who were straight A students who wanted their scholarships for college here in the USA but when they put the Dream Act into place it's for the drop outs also.

It's going to be seriously dumbed down GEDs and GED's taken in Spanish.
All of this and the crime wave that has endured since the DREAMies have been old enough to carry on their illegal alien parents' tradition. That board is so full of self admitted criminals acts that ICE could sweep big, arrest and jail them based on their own admission. With the exception of admission of murder, so far they've pretty much covered all of the bases.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:00 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,455,378 times
I don't fault her she is doing what any rational human being would do. I fault Obama, the Dems and their supporters.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:24 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,624 times
The GED will be given in Spanish. It will not be a hard GED and will probably ask test takers to demonstrate ability at a 6th or 7th grade level. There will no English language section of the test. Nevertheless a cheating scandal will break out as many test takers will whine that the test is too hard for them and hire substitutes to take it for them.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration