Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 04:28 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times

Advertisements

Government work. Rules change so fast, no one knows their job. I experienced this doing medicaid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 10:23 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Off course! You have an inside scoop on everything... give me a break! You always make statements that you can't back up with facts. If these ten immigration agents feel as if they can't follow the rules of their job anymore, nothing is stopping them from resigning.
Oh, good grief. Yeah, right, thats the answer, just quit your job and don't stand for anything that you feel may be the right thing to do.....

Another ignore.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:35 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
You know. What really scares me is that Obumer, and I am not even using the title of President, has become a dictator. I do feel that many within the government and business are complicit. Look at this situation. Congress and the Senate is sitting up there with their thumb up their behinds (sorry) while the country is going to hell in a handbasket. If I have to listen to Boehmer ((sp) one more time, I may hurl. Lawbreaking has been sanctioned as legitimate or, at least, given a pass. Where does that say we are headed as a country ? I am beginning to lean toward some of these extreme groups (Numbers USA is not an extremist group). I am beginning to think they may have more of a handle on what is going on in this country than I do and, what is coming.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:58 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
...I am beginning to lean toward some of these extreme groups (Numbers USA is not an extremist group). I am beginning to think they may have more of a handle on what is going on in this country than I do and, what is coming.
Pray tell which "extreme groups", and why you feel they have "more of a handle on what is going on in this country"...

Old 08-26-2012, 11:05 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Oh, good grief. Yeah, right, thats the answer, just quit your job and don't stand for anything that you feel may be the right thing to do.....

Another ignore.
Amazing, isn't it? A pro-illegal can tell these agents they should do as they're told, or quit their jobs. Yet, would never tell an illegal they should leave if they don't like our laws.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:57 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Default ICE agents suing Napolitano to let them do their jobs.

This suit was entered last Thursday and could result in some changes in the way our immigration laws are enforced for the better. It seems that Napolitano and Obama just can't see that their oaths of office meant anything but a job for them. They refuse to enforce the laws of the nation and there must be a good reason, something to do with politics.

There are too many good ideas in this link for us to continue to ignore what is going on.

ICE Agents Suing Napolitano to Let Them Do Their Jobs - Godfather Politics

Old 09-04-2012, 02:18 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,338,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why even have federal laws anymore when the president can pick and choose which ones to enforce??
Does the same logic apply when we ask police officers to give us a warning or let us go (and therefore ignore existing ordinances or state laws)? Traffic and immigration violations are similar in the sense that they are both non-criminal violations (according to most recent statutes I've seen). There is a distinction I realize in the sense of apparent, blanket non-enforcement orders versus the "exercise of discretion." Is that the only distinction, or is there a more substantive one between these two examples (traffic warning and non-enforcement of immigration laws).

Old 09-04-2012, 02:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Are you calling our federal agents trailer trash?
No that would be Wayne La Pierre.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:47 PM

50,309 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Amazing, isn't it? A pro-illegal can tell these agents they should do as they're told, or quit their jobs. Yet, would never tell an illegal they should leave if they don't like our laws.
Does that tell you what side these people are taking? Yep. Anti-American.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
Does the same logic apply when we ask police officers to give us a warning or let us go (and therefore ignore existing ordinances or state laws)? Traffic and immigration violations are similar in the sense that they are both non-criminal violations (according to most recent statutes I've seen). There is a distinction I realize in the sense of apparent, blanket non-enforcement orders versus the "exercise of discretion." Is that the only distinction, or is there a more substantive one between these two examples (traffic warning and non-enforcement of immigration laws).
I am not aware of a simple traffic violator being charged with a felony offense in Federal Court. However, I am aware of illegal aliens being investigated by ICE and/or other Federal agencies, and ultimately being indicted for illegal re-entry (among other charges), which is a felony offense, certainly not analogous to a simple traffic violation.

It is my understanding ICE agents have filed this suit because they are being required to ignore the law. They are prohibited from even arresting illegal aliens, which is their duty as agents of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Not only are they unable to enforce the law, they are being reprimanded, and even threatened with the loss of their jobs/pension if they dare arrest an illegal alien. How can they "exercise discretion" if illegal aliens are now off-limits? Moreover, without having the authority to arrest and investigate, how can ICE agents know if an illegal alien is a violent criminal, an immigration absconder, or one of the so-called "otherwise law-abiding?" The answer is, of course, they can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration