U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 AM
 
3,484 posts, read 2,724,783 times
Reputation: 2350

Advertisements

Quote:
After Latinos rewarded Mr. Obama with 71 percent of their votes, the president said one of the first items on his agenda next year would be a bill to legalize 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States, which would offer a path to citizenship for young people.
NY Times Advertisement

This is insane. Over twenty million unemployed people in this country and that pig chooses to prioritize the needs of foreigners who freely broke our immigration laws. Ugh. I did not vote for him so he could hispander!

Every last one of them can go home. If we want or need them we'll call them back. But that is our call to make not theirs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,170 posts, read 17,477,148 times
Reputation: 3036
Quote:
This weekend, United We Dream will gather more than 600 leaders (most still without legal status) from 30 states at a meeting in Kansas City, Mo., to work out their strategy to keep the heat on the White House and Congress during the coming immigration fight.
There should be a picture of Dreamies included with every online dictionary next to the word gall. It takes a hell of a lot of nerve to live in a country illegally, yet display such arrogance, insolence, and entitlement. We owe them nothing. Despite that, Obama gave them an opportunity to remain here for two years. But, that isn't enough for them. No, they DEMAND more. One Dreamie even claimed "they" put Obama back in the White House. Is this an admission of voter fraud, or are they just that delusional? I'm sick of these ingrates.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2012, 10:53 AM
 
3,484 posts, read 2,724,783 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There should be a picture of Dreamies included with every online dictionary next to the word gall. It takes a hell of a lot of nerve to live in a country illegally, yet display such arrogance, insolence, and entitlement. We owe them nothing. Despite that, Obama gave them an opportunity to remain here for two years. But, that isn't enough for them. No, they DEMAND more. One Dreamie even claimed "they" put Obama back in the White House. Is this an admission of voter fraud, or are they just that delusional? I'm sick of these ingrates.
I would not put it past them to vote. They break all other laws. Why wouldn't they break our laws on voting?

The article is the usual puff piece of nonsense on illegals that the Carlos Slim owned New York Times just loves to write. They are presented as college educated, law abiding, English speakers who came here as young babies when nothing could be further from the truth in many cases.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
77,804 posts, read 96,766,114 times
Reputation: 49061
My sympathy goes out to the children brought here as babies or youngster (I have said that before)rd We are facing a challenge, we need to find an answer to the illegal problems, and no, we can not send them all back. It just isn't that simple, but citizenship: OMG, I hardly think so. I suppose they want it without even taking a citizenship test as well????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2012, 03:47 PM
 
52,863 posts, read 22,818,577 times
Reputation: 15175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There should be a picture of Dreamies included with every online dictionary next to the word gall. It takes a hell of a lot of nerve to live in a country illegally, yet display such arrogance, insolence, and entitlement. We owe them nothing. Despite that, Obama gave them an opportunity to remain here for two years. But, that isn't enough for them. No, they DEMAND more. One Dreamie even claimed "they" put Obama back in the White House. Is this an admission of voter fraud, or are they just that delusional? I'm sick of these ingrates.
"They" put Obama back in the White House? Such arrogance. Didn't 93% of blacks vote for him? Didn't he get a lot of the white and Asian vote also? What is he going to do for those groups? Doesn't he owe them also, like the job opportunites that these Dreamies will be able to compete for now and the other illegal immigrants who are holding American jobs?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2012, 03:49 PM
 
52,863 posts, read 22,818,577 times
Reputation: 15175
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My sympathy goes out to the children brought here as babies or youngster (I have said that before)rd We are facing a challenge, we need to find an answer to the illegal problems, and no, we can not send them all back. It just isn't that simple, but citizenship: OMG, I hardly think so. I suppose they want it without even taking a citizenship test as well????
We could send the entire families back intact and we should but our government lacks the will to do it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2012, 04:12 PM
 
22,785 posts, read 12,270,936 times
Reputation: 9299
The TV channels pushing ways to not be deported after entering illegally ought to be banned.


The President better put Americans first, he is not the President of the ilegals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2012, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,053 posts, read 80,048,688 times
Reputation: 27684
Wait a minute here. Don't forget that he promised them a path to citizenship back in 2008.
And he gave them deferred deportation in 2012.

He pandered to people that couldn't even vote for him and made them promises.

And it seems the majority of voters don't care if they get amnesty because they sent him back to DC for 4 more years.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 AM
 
52,863 posts, read 22,818,577 times
Reputation: 15175
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wait a minute here. Don't forget that he promised them a path to citizenship back in 2008.
And he gave them deferred deportation in 2012.

He pandered to people that couldn't even vote for him and made them promises.

And it seems the majority of voters don't care if they get amnesty because they sent him back to DC for 4 more years.
Obama wasn't pandering for the "illegal" vote. He was pandering for the ethnocentric Hispanic-American vote. Not that perhaps some illegal immigrants didn't unlawfully vote for him but I think it was more of the case of the former rather than the latter.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top